2020 Seahawks Depth Chart and roster moves

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Seahawks PR
@seahawksPR

STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:
Damontre Moore has been suspended six games without pay for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances. Moore will be eligible to return to the active roster on Mon., Dec. 14, following the team’s Week 14 game vs. the N.Y. Jets.

https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/1 ... 3825352704

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap!!!

Both Sullivan and Stanley revert to the PS by rule.

With Damontre Moore being suspended the team is actually at 52 as Carlos Dunlap is exempt from counting against the roster until tomorrow when he will count and the team will be at 53.

The team could bring up Harrison from the PS for two weeks w/o needing to make a cut and with Adams now returning thus reducing the need for DB depth.

The next roster moves hopefully might involve edge rush help as the players get closer to a return to health and the CB numbers and TE numbers fall back into normal roster ranges.

There may still be another trade.

Updated.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No, he has stayed on the 53 since he cleared the Covid protocol. I suspect nobody anticipated how serious a groin injury he suffered. It may take a bit for him to get back to his playing speed even if a good part of his game is his field sense.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Luke Willson has been released by the team. This indicates they are likely keeping Hollister.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... e-willson/

The effect of the release is to open a roster spot so if Harrison is ready to play he will likely be a full time addition to the roster or there is something else cooking that we don't know about yet.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks release OLBs Michael Kendricks and Michael Divinity from the PS

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/11/3/21 ... y-released

There are now two open PS slots and one open roster spots. Carlos Dunlap is now part of the 53 man roster.

I'd expect that we will see one or two interesting additions via the PS route with several of cuts around the NFL.

Updated.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap!!!

Condotta and Henderson are reliable sources so I plan to update on this information.

Updated.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Apparently Kendricks wanted to sign with another team but was unable to work out a deal. He's re-signed, and likely can't pass a physical thought the Hawks know exactly where he's at physically.

To me Trader John continues to work his magic and getting the deal with Dunlap is further evidence of his skill. Even better was the getting Dunlap to rework his deal to defer about $3 million in cap to next year.

Getting Adams back while adding Dunlap and Harrison improves the D significantly. As well several of the injured players are starting to show up and begin practicing so it won't be long until the team is returned to projected strength.

They have worked around the troubles with the pass rush and seem to be adding some young and some experienced
bodies back that will make the D stronger. The O is a machine at present, it is the D that has underperformed and the reinforcements are returning and have arrived. As well we have to be excited by what we saw from Reed last weekend as the NCB.

I'm somewhat intrigued and jazzed by these moves and agree the roster has become quite a bit stronger.

maxwellridge

Reaction score
I'd really like to see DJ Reed move past Tre Flowers in the depth chart. I mean I feel like there isn't a whole lot of risk. Also does anyone think we might see the coaching staff move Ryan Neal to cornerback now that Jamaal Adams is back.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Reed and Flowers play different positions. Reed's short and quick and is best as a NCB while Flowers is a prototypical Seahawks style outside CB long and tall.

Flowers has improved his play the last two games which is a relief as he was underperforming at his position or playing too far off by coaches direction. It's hard to understand which. The team has fortunately acquired Dunbar but injury to both him and Griffin has Flowers playing more.

Flowers is a SS to CB conversion as has been the case here with other players like Maxwell, many here thought he was positive addition to the team in his first year but not so much since. He's strong against the run and better playing press than zone which is how he's being played mostly this year. Don't know whether his lack of foot speed is the reason. Wonder if there is some undisclosed injury issue? Reed is a good Nickel and a pure theft by JS from the Niners suspect Amadi will have his work cut out to regain his NCB spot from Reed.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Alex Collins and Jayson Stanley by rule revert to the PS.

Latest posts