49ers trading up to #3 pick with Dolphins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3jbch9wi said:
Washington49er":3jbch9wi said:
Maulbert":3jbch9wi said:
Marvin49":3jbch9wi said:
....as someone who takes the bait far too often....

....why even respond to the throwback jersey comment? It was just trolling. I'm pretty damn sure that he would admit that too. LOL.

Because WashingtonWhiner is only here to fail at trolling, anyway.

Your brethren is crying about how many times the 49ers wear their throwbacks, but I'm the whiner?
Even “your brethren” Marvin is calling you out. :lol:

For the record, I'm not calling out anyone.

I'm just sayin....as soon as I saw that post....

33d.gif

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":32a6nuut said:
Washington49er":32a6nuut said:
Maulbert":32a6nuut said:
Marvin49":32a6nuut said:
....as someone who takes the bait far too often....

....why even respond to the throwback jersey comment? It was just trolling. I'm pretty damn sure that he would admit that too. LOL.

Your brethren is crying about how many times the 49ers wear their throwbacks, but I'm the whiner?

Aw isn't that cute, Sports riding in on his white horse again to save the day.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The 49ers are in an enviable position having secured Lance and keeping Jimmy, plus getting Bosa and Kittle back.

I think they could be better than the Rams. I like Stafford. But he's had significant back injuries and is older significantly than Jimmy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 9ers do win the west this year as the oddsmakers suggest.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":656g4y07 said:
The 49ers are in an enviable position having secured Lance and keeping Jimmy, plus getting Bosa and Kittle back.

I think they could be better than the Rams. I like Stafford. But he's had significant back injuries and is older significantly than Jimmy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 9ers do win the west this year as the oddsmakers suggest.

I really have no idea what to expect.

I don't have any idea how Garoppolo/Lance plays out.

I'll stop short of saying I think they win the division, etc. So much depends on health and play at the QB position. The other three teams in the division are set at QB. The 49ers have players there, but its in flux. Just dunno how it'll play out.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3s5zvuta said:
SantaClaraHawk":3s5zvuta said:

I'll stop short of saying I think they win the division, etc. So much depends on health and play at the QB position. The other three teams in the division are set at QB. The 49ers have players there, but its in flux. Just dunno how it'll play out.

My guess is that your QB room ends up 1)JimmyG, 2) Lance, 3) Rosen/Sudfeld.

Jimmy G's healthy year speaks for himself.

If he gets hurt, then there's the veteran option while meanwhile Lance is seen as being the next Justin Herbert.

If Lance actually is more that and less of a Dwayne Haskins, well if that happens, he could be the next Justin Herbert. With a much better cast, I might add.

Of course, EVERYTHING depends on injuries, but the 9ers QB plan and insurance appears more robust than in the days of Mullens/Beathard. Neither of them was any kind of multi-game replacement in the short or long term.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":z6u1d4vi said:
Marvin49":z6u1d4vi said:
SantaClaraHawk":z6u1d4vi said:

If he gets hurt, then there's the veteran option while meanwhile Lance is seen as being the next Justin Herbert.

If Lance actually is more that and less of a Dwayne Haskins, well if that happens, he could be the next Justin Herbert. With a much better cast, I might add.

Of course, EVERYTHING depends on injuries, but the 9ers QB plan and insurance appears more robust than in the days of Mullens/Beathard. Neither of them was any kind of multi-game replacement in the short or long term.

So...its a great situation at QB as it fault tolerant...IE they can sustain an injury and it won't bust the season. However, neither of these guys will likely be top 10 at the position this year. I love Lance, but WAY too much to expect him to play at that level as a rookie.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2fkb14ny said:
SantaClaraHawk":2fkb14ny said:
Marvin49":2fkb14ny said:
SantaClaraHawk":2fkb14ny said:

So...its a great situation at QB as it fault tolerant...IE they can sustain an injury and it won't bust the season. However, neither of these guys will likely be top 10 at the position this year. I love Lance, but WAY too much to expect him to play at that level as a rookie.

The expectation of him being a full-time starter at this point? Yes. It's too much. But within a few weeks of the season I expect him to be factoring into the rotation just to rest (and preserve) JimmyG while looking at how he does. And if he's not ready, well Rosen was a first-rounder and still young. Sudfield didn't even get called up iover McKown when we went to play the Eagles. I believe he's a camp body there, just as Mullens is now a camp body for the Eagles.

So at the end you've got an 2019 SB quarterback as your starter. Behind him, you have Lance. Beyond that, there's yet another first rounder.

They're doing something different than we are. We know that if Russ goes, we have no insurance in Geno nor do I see interest. So if something happened to Russ, we obviously wouldn't have a chance against anyone in the West or others.

I would like it if we too got insurance before having a house fire first.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3gy2cohf said:
Marvin49":3gy2cohf said:
SantaClaraHawk":3gy2cohf said:
Marvin49":3gy2cohf said:

The expectation of him being a full-time starter at this point? Yes. It's too much. But within a few weeks of the season I expect him to be factoring into the rotation just to rest (and preserve) JimmyG while looking at how he does. And if he's not ready, well Rosen was a first-rounder and still young. Sudfield didn't even get called up iover McKown when we went to play the Eagles. I believe he's a camp body there, just as Mullens is now a camp body for the Eagles.

So at the end you've got an 2019 SB quarterback as your starter. Behind him, you have Lance. Beyond that, there's yet another first rounder.

They're doing something different than we are. We know that if Russ goes, we have no insurance in Geno nor do I see interest. So if something happened to Russ, we obviously wouldn't have a chance against anyone in the West or others.

I would like it if we too got insurance before having a house fire first.

That's my point...sorta.

Niners probably have best QB situation in division from the "will our season end if the starter gets hurt" perspective, but I'm not blind. Jimmy is probably the 4th best starter in the division and its too much to ask a rookie to play like a top 10 starter.

So...Niners hopes rest on competent play from whomever the QB is and the running game and D. The last time that was their formula they were 7 minutes from a title.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":3sy6iafw said:
Sports Hernia":3sy6iafw said:
Washington49er":3sy6iafw said:
Maulbert":3sy6iafw said:

Nope, just laughing at you getting upset over something so trivial.

Thanks for noticing my white horse though, I just had him washed. :2thumbs:

And FWIW, I think the 9’ers jerseys with shadowing on the numbers looks better than the current ones.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":240drxaq said:
Washington49er":240drxaq said:
Sports Hernia":240drxaq said:
Washington49er":240drxaq said:

And FWIW, I think the 9’ers jerseys with shadowing on the numbers looks better than the current ones.

There are alot of Niner fans who would agree with you.

Personally I like it as an alt. I like the classic Niner uniforms. For me there are a few teams in the NFL who should never change their uniforms permanently. They are just classics...

Cowboys, Raiders, Packers, Steelers, Chiefs, Giants, Bears, Niners. There may be a few more I'm not thinking of. The other teams all tend to change their look from time to time. No prob. As much as I hate Seattle as a rival, I'd say their current incarnation of their unis is probably their best...wolf grey in particular.

There are just some uniforms IMO that should never really change.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Washington49er":2glqkj1e said:
Sports Hernia":2glqkj1e said:
Washington49er":2glqkj1e said:
Sports Hernia":2glqkj1e said:

UK deleted my other post because it hurt his feelings apparently. Also cried personal attack and sent me a warning. That's why I am the way I am now.

Basically I in response to his remark about throwbacks said "I hope the Hawks game isn't as weak as yours".

Apparently this is now a "personal attack".

49er man, crying out loud, this is the kind of stuff that needs to get DMed first right? And if not so then put in the Shack? Or somewhere?

No one's going to deny you here from saying that you're a 49ers fan. Read the title of the forum. It's what it's for. Other fans.

But quit stirring the s on Seahawk fans. You know exactly how or should. Look at Marv, 94Smith, all these other 5+ year niner posters, how often does anyone get pissed at them?

Man, sometimes your style can be overly abrasive and that may not get you what you want man. Just saying. Not saying I am any better, but maybe calm a bit down, have this DM discussion as need be with the person in question, and then come back with some dialogue about why you feel the 9ers may or may not dominate in the game or in x or y unit. I always enjoy hearing that from opposing fans, who by definition usually know more about their teams.

Washington49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1fos3g4e said:
Washington49er":1fos3g4e said:
Sports Hernia":1fos3g4e said:
Washington49er":1fos3g4e said:

UK deleted my other post because it hurt his feelings apparently. Also cried personal attack and sent me a warning. That's why I am the way I am now.

Basically I in response to his remark about throwbacks said "I hope the Hawks game isn't as weak as yours".

49er man, crying out loud, this is the kind of stuff that needs to get DMed first right? And if not so then put in the Shack? Or somewhere?

No one's going to deny you here from saying that you're a 49ers fan. Read the title of the forum. It's what it's for. Other fans.

But quit stirring the s on Seahawk fans. You know exactly how or should. Look at Marv, 94Smith, all these other 5+ year niner posters, how often does anyone get pissed at them?

Man, sometimes your style can be overly abrasive and that may not get you what you want man. Just saying. Not saying I am any better, but maybe calm a bit down, have this DM discussion as need be with the person in question, and then come back with some dialogue about why you feel the 9ers may or may not dominate in the game or in x or y unit. I always enjoy hearing that from opposing fans, who by definition usually know more about their teams.

This is why I responded the way I did.

First off all UK could contribute was making a snide remark about the number of times throw backs will be worn.

I basically gave him a dose of his own. Instead of just dealing with it he deleted my post then has the gawl to send me a warning about personal attacks. Sorry but this is chicken shit, no matter which team you root for.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Washington49er":opwxqcn0 said:
SantaClaraHawk":opwxqcn0 said:
Washington49er":opwxqcn0 said:
Sports Hernia":opwxqcn0 said:

First off all UK could contribute was making a snide remark about the number of times throw backs will be worn.

I basically gave him a dose of his own. Instead of just dealing with it he deleted my post then has the gawl to send me a warning about personal attacks. Sorry but this is chicken shit, no matter which team you root for.

I made a generic remark about a team and their fan base, you retorted with a personal attack which you have subsequently repeated (do people really still say butthurt?). Keep em coming and see how long you last. Any issues with teh mod team I suggest you message them, further conversation on this thread will be deemed as off topic and deleted.

Washington49er

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":240zfxy9 said:
Washington49er":240zfxy9 said:
SantaClaraHawk":240zfxy9 said:
Washington49er":240zfxy9 said:

I basically gave him a dose of his own. Instead of just dealing with it he deleted my post then has the gawl to send me a warning about personal attacks. Sorry but this is chicken $h!t, no matter which team you root for.

I made a generic remark about a team and their fan base, you retorted with a personal attack which you have subsequently repeated (do people really still say butthurt?). Keep em coming and see how long you last. Any issues with teh mod team I suggest you message them, further conversation on this thread will be deemed as off topic and deleted.

Thanks for proving my point.

chris98251

Reaction score
Washington49er":7a5p08sx said:
UK_Seahawk":7a5p08sx said:
Washington49er":7a5p08sx said:
SantaClaraHawk":7a5p08sx said:

I basically gave him a dose of his own. Instead of just dealing with it he deleted my post then has the gawl to send me a warning about personal attacks. Sorry but this is chicken $h!t, no matter which team you root for.

Be careful Washington49er replying to a post in a thread by a Moderator gets you a warning. Oh and since we must stay on topic or he uses that what do you think will be a win out of that trade for the 49ers.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Washington49er":20x7sooa said:
UK_Seahawk":20x7sooa said:
Washington49er":20x7sooa said:
SantaClaraHawk":20x7sooa said:

Poor little victim.

Washington49er

Reaction score
chris98251":33ar7asw said:
Washington49er":33ar7asw said:
UK_Seahawk":33ar7asw said:
Washington49er":33ar7asw said:

Be careful Washington49er replying to a post in a thread by a Moderator gets you a warning. Oh and since we must stay on topic or he uses that what do you think will be a win out of that trade for the 49ers.

Forcing Jimmy G to live up to his hype. If not we'll have a new starter next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.