Chase Young to the 49ers

NINEster

Reaction score
It’s a wasted rental for one year if no Lombardi comes of it. And your D line wasn’t the issue the issue is in your secondary bud. Knee jerk trade and Reminds me of the Sheldon Richardson move we made a few years back

Can't judge until the season is over.

And realistically in the modern day and age, there's almost no such thing as overpaying.

I wish the Niners overpaid on someone in the 2014 offseason....WR, CB....anyone.....might've saved the disastrous Harbaugh swan song, and the mass exodus the year after that the Seattle Seahawks still haven't truly experienced.

NINEster

Reaction score
It was a great addition if all goes well. Your secondary gets torched for 3 straight weeks and I was surprised they didn’t make a move for Surtain. Glad you didn’t. Now we can watch and see how your secondary holds up. So far only second place homie

Teams made attempts but Surtain was less available than Russell Wilson the year before he was traded.

NINEster

Reaction score
John Lynch traded several 1st rounders for a QB that's not even there. President? Yeah, not so much.

Gotta love that the Niners can survive such a trade.

They only made such a trade because the very nature of NFL QB criticality in this day and age, especially the idea that you need a mobile QB.

Kyle only drafted Lance because of how the league evolved since he took over the Niners.

Anyway, draft picks can be overrated.

And the Niners could still have Garoppolo and additional first round studs and still be the ****** bridesmaid..........so I'll defend the decision to my death.

Not everyone can draft a one trick pony QB in the 3rd round that only has to make 5 good throws a game to win a championship. Ten years ago feels more like the NFL from the '80s than the last 5...

Marvin49

Reaction score
BTW....Watched alot of video of Young and I do have concerns.

Doesn't seem the same as his rookie year and my biggest concern is that he seems very, very stiff. Little to no bend. Now he's freakin huge and powerful, but just seems to play really upright and stiff. Will be interesting to see him in new scheme.

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
It’s a wasted rental for one year if no Lombardi comes of it. And your D line wasn’t the issue the issue is in your secondary bud. Knee jerk trade and Reminds me of the Sheldon Richardson move we made a few years back
😆 The 49ers got him for practically nothing. If he doesn't work out then he is gone after the season.
Nice try anyways. I swear Seahawk fans never disappoint. 😄

Jac

Reaction score
😆 The 49ers got him for practically nothing. If he doesn't work out then he is gone after the season.
Nice try anyways. I swear Seahawk fans never disappoint. 😄

Who knows, it could work out. He may very well lead them to their first victory since Week #5 back on October 8th.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Who knows, it could work out. He may very well lead them to their first victory since Week #5 back on October 8th.

This is the NFL and there are no excuses...

...but something I've taken note of. As west coast teams the Niners and Seahawks both have a disadvantage when playing East Coast games at 10AM. We've seen it impact our teams performance.

What I've noticed over the past few weeks is the added fun of playing the Browns in that window when the Browns were coming off a bye and last week, tho it was at home, the Niners got the Bengals off a bye when Niners had just played on Monday night...IE 6 days rest vs 14 days rest.

To make it worse...the 49ers finally got their bye...and they get to play another team coming off the bye...in the 10AM window. They don't even get to realize the advantage that they've been up against twice in 3 weeks. That's also 3 teams in 4 weeks given 2 weeks to prepare.

All told...the 49ers will have a net -20 days of rest this year on their schedule (NFL worst).

Its no excuse. Gotta win those games...but schedule makers weren't kind in that regard. No wonder they looked so damn tired compared to the Bengals.

Last edited:

renofox

Reaction score
Over/Under on combined sacks, sack/fumbles, batted passes, and forced imcompletions against Geno this year (by Chase)?

I got 5.5, probably 2 turnovers caused.

94Smith

Reaction score
BTW....Watched alot of video of Young and I do have concerns.

Doesn't seem the same as his rookie year and my biggest concern is that he seems very, very stiff. Little to no bend. Now he's freakin huge and powerful, but just seems to play really upright and stiff. Will be interesting to see him in new scheme.
He rushed usually from standing up and not a 3 point stance in Washington.

Fanatics

Reaction score
Bosa, Young and Hargrave, looked very formidable today. Also Bosa and Young look happy. Doesn't bode well.