Aldon Smith turned himself in, details still to come

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kf3339":6ybfby35 said:
Maelstrom787":6ybfby35 said:
If Aldon truly was defending his sister, then not only do I want him on the team, but I'm an even bigger fan of his.

:ditto:

There's a difference between defending someone in the moment, and calling someone and telling them to meet you somewhere to "talk."

We all know how that goes, never well......especially for a guy who has prior issues and should know better.

Terrible judgement on Smith's part, even if he was defending his sister.

Own The West

Reaction score
kf3339":1n1uiyr4 said:
jammerhawk":1n1uiyr4 said:
Aldon Smith is no longer still wanted by NO authorities having turned himself in to them on Tuesday evening, he was released upon a $25000 bond.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football ... ldon-smith

We will now see where this matter is going. For me I'd take a chance on him there seems to be a lot more to this story than we know.

If the so called victim did in fact choke his pregnant wife and kick her in the back as reported, why then wasn't he arrested for assault by the very same police department? Isn't that considered a potential crime by them, or is spousal assault considered acceptable in that state?

It seems there is some cherry picking going on with their prosecution office and police department. That is if you can call them professionals. Just saying.

Battered women seldom press charges against their assailants. Psychological injuries often precede or come with the physical.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawks85":3lqlf3pz said:
If this happened and it's on tape Smith is gonna have to fork out cash payouts to get rid of the tape.

As of now it's a criminal case, so I don't think his lawyers can just make it go away. If there's a legit video, it's probably already in police evidence, or a copy of it is.

That's how TMZ gets those videos, either through public records or they pay the victim/video recorder.

Bottom line, if there's a video that clearly shows Smith assaulting someone, he's done.........not only with us, but the league. 12 strikes you're out.

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
slight tangent, but why is the league far more inclined to tolerate physical abuse from its players than it is substance abuse? (Antonio Brown's situation v. Josh Gordon's).

I feel their is a gross unbalance of priorities in the NFL.

BASF

Reaction score
Nothinbutm":1xdiz9or said:
slight tangent, but why is the league far more inclined to tolerate physical abuse from its players than it is substance abuse? (Antonio Brown's situation v. Josh Gordon's).

The former does not give a competitive edge, while the latter does.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
BASF":39lcng8l said:
Nothinbutm":39lcng8l said:

The former does not give a competitive edge, while the latter does.

Furthermore, the circumstantial evidence and criminal consequences come into focus much slower than a failed test does.

Still, I'd like to see a harder stance taken on physical abuse.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":xrcye3ko said:
If Aldon truly was defending his sister, then not only do I want him on the team, but I'm an even bigger fan of his.
If this is true then I wouldn't fault him either.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
rjdriver":3vk4xjy7 said:
In 1991 as a senior in HS, I pulled the biggest DB move in my life. I was asked to a dance at a rival HS by a a kind of sweet but homely girl who was a waitress at Denny's. Made up some excuse of why I couldn't go. A week before the dance, a hot, popular girl asked me to the same dance. I went. I tried to avoid that girl every time we went on a late night Denny's run. One time she saw me, came up to our table and said to me.."You don't have to hide from me, I didn't think you would go anyway when I asked". When we went to pay, I found my meal had been comped by her. I've never been more disgusted with myself, and I still think about it to this day.

I have zero doubt that "Vinnie's helmet", "the officiating", "the pick", Malik, Josh Gordon, and now Aldon Smith are just small corrections the universe is making to make up for my repugnancy 30 years ago. I officially apologize to all my fellow Hawks fans.

That explains the "no call" in the Rams NFC Championship game. You are forgiven ... kinda.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":1fxvv0rx said:
rjdriver":1fxvv0rx said:
In 1991 as a senior in HS, I pulled the biggest DB move in my life. I was asked to a dance at a rival HS by a a kind of sweet but homely girl who was a waitress at Denny's. Made up some excuse of why I couldn't go. A week before the dance, a hot, popular girl asked me to the same dance. I went. I tried to avoid that girl every time we went on a late night Denny's run. One time she saw me, came up to our table and said to me.."You don't have to hide from me, I didn't think you would go anyway when I asked". When we went to pay, I found my meal had been comped by her. I've never been more disgusted with myself, and I still think about it to this day.

I have zero doubt that "Vinnie's helmet", "the officiating", "the pick", Malik, Josh Gordon, and now Aldon Smith are just small corrections the universe is making to make up for my repugnancy 30 years ago. I officially apologize to all my fellow Hawks fans.

That explains the "no call" in the Rams NFC Championship game. You are forgiven ... kinda.

I'm still sick over that. One of the worst no-calls in NFL history.

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
Has there been any updates as to what happened or the story behind it? Seems quiet

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Allweatherfan":35o9b1lp said:
Has there been any updates as to what happened or the story behind it? Seems quiet

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Seahawks just letting the legal process play out for now.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I can't believe that anyone in the Seahawks front office would think Aldon Smith was a good value signing. The guy is more than a few tortillas short of a taco platter.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":32ssv7pm said:
I can't believe that anyone in the Seahawks front office would think Aldon Smith was a good value signing. The guy is more than a few tortillas short of a taco platter.

>Good pass rusher
>Small amount of dollars

Seems pretty clear to me

Own The West

Reaction score
Depending on what the Seahawks wanted from him, they could pivot to Melvin Ingram or KJ now.

Nunya

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1ajpitfm said:

A talented veteran player that takes up less than $1 mil in cap space and only costs the team $138,000 if he is cut before June 1st? Seeing as how he was not in legal problems at the time of his signing, it looks like a smart decision.