Antonio Brown to TB + TB (Tom Brady & Tampa Bay)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If our defense cannot keep teams from scoring, we need to make scoring cheap.

Not going to lie, a 4 WR group of Metcalf, Lockett, Brown, and Gordon makes me really happy. I do like Swain and Moore a lot. Would not be cool with getting rid of either but I am not sure what we do then.

Ack.

Can any of the above play corner?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And just like the last time, I'll believe it when I see it. I don't see him being a fit, just my opinion.
One hell of a football player, but there's a lot more to it than just talent.
No thx

chris98251

Reaction score
CPHawk":2sswk85h said:
Why not? Cut him if/when he becomes a issue.

Because he has shown where ever he has been to be a head case, it takes a week or two to create dioscprds that can take a the rest of the season to undo.

The only reason he is in the conversation is because Russell worked out with him.

Fade

Reaction score
Julio isn't happening. Waaay too rich for the Seahawks blood.

AB with 0 guaranteed dollars is fine. You need to have the flexibility to cut his ass as soon as he goes cRaZy.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
If I were to pick a position group for a splash signing/trade, wide receiver might be last on the list (besides QB of course)

TreeRon

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":350qthdf said:
Please, dear god, no. The man has lost his marbles and has been credibly accused of sexual misconduct. No.
Please no politics !

LTH

Reaction score
I think it was interesting to listen to Wagner's response to the media about Brown... Wagner said he was confident in the guys they have and kinda blew off the possibility... LOL I kinda like that...

LTH

Chapow

Reaction score
TreeRon":1b9s3xzw said:
Maelstrom787":1b9s3xzw said:
Please, dear god, no. The man has lost his marbles and has been credibly accused of sexual misconduct. No.
Please no politics !

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're either joking or having a stroke.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Chapow":2cvonrj6 said:
TreeRon":2cvonrj6 said:
Maelstrom787":2cvonrj6 said:
Please no politics !

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're either joking or having a stroke.

Yeah, I'm hoping that's a bit of tongue-in-cheek humor myself.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
chris98251":1rb4fhd7 said:
CPHawk":1rb4fhd7 said:
Why not? Cut him if/when he becomes a issue.

Because he has shown where ever he has been to be a head case, it takes a week or two to create dioscprds that can take a the rest of the season to undo.

The only reason he is in the conversation is because Russell worked out with him.

I heard of no issues with him in New England. It was my understanding they cut ties with him due to finding out he was being investigated in that sexual misconduct thing after telling them no other legal issues were going to come to light before they signed him.

I'm pretty sure his act in Oakland was 100% a calculated attempt to get released so he could get to his preferred destination, NE.

I never really heard about his myriad of issues in Pittsburgh until the end so they either weren't all that bad & they decided to throw him under the bus in the name of team unity or they were great at hiding it.

I'm not saying this to defend him because I'm against bringing him on board but to show he may not have been as bad as we're led to believe.

He might have been though. :lol:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
How much would we even stand to gain from an AB signing? Can't guarantee that he's the same player after so much time off, and the passing offense is performing so well that I'm not really sure allocating targets to AB instead of our existing options would really put the team in a much better situation.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":29u415m9 said:
Chapow":29u415m9 said:
TreeRon":29u415m9 said:
Maelstrom787":29u415m9 said:
Please no politics !

I'd hoped someone would at least chuckle. :D

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
TreeRon":2ti2eqmk said:
Maelstrom787":2ti2eqmk said:
Chapow":2ti2eqmk said:
TreeRon":2ti2eqmk said:
Please no politics !

I'm Canadian & even I got the joke. :lol:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TreeRon":3f719csz said:
Maelstrom787":3f719csz said:
Chapow":3f719csz said:
TreeRon":3f719csz said:
Please no politics !

I figured, haha. Unfortunate that some people think that way, isn't it?

I really hope the Seahawks just steer clear of this guy. At the very best, he's self-centered and has diva tendencies. At the worst, he's absolutely mentally insane.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The injury angle is what has changed my mind. We see every week that it can happen to anyone anytime, having an additional threat is insurance in my mind. I think with Russ leading this team Brown will either keep things in check or he would be out quickly. The bonus with signing him is one of our opponents doesn’t snag him. I’m on board.

I can see it now.....Tannehill wins the MVP over Russ because voters felt Russ had too many weapons...

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
TreeRon":1ve1ctpj said:
Maelstrom787":1ve1ctpj said:
Chapow":1ve1ctpj said:
TreeRon":1ve1ctpj said:
Please no politics !

Oh I did. Actually laughed out loud. But it worried me a little bit. Decided it was subtle and clever enough to be technically unprovable as being political. Someone will probably call that moderator bias, but I'm a sucker for good humor.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
So with Brown I compare him to Richie Incognito.

I've seen zero evidence that Brown is truly sorry for doing what he did to his female contractors and to his exes or even throwing stuff out of his Fla highrise that almost hit a kid. It's been all about "call God" and how he's enrolling in remote classes or whatever with him.

Whereas with Incognito it became clear that his attitude had fundamentally changed. This guy was pillioried by the Jonathan Martin scandal of 2013 (not saying he didn't deserve it) and when the tables turned with Martin posting instagrams of weapons, Incognito had to avail himself of a FBI safe house. When it came to Martin being actually put in jail for a stretch, Incognito chose to drop his own complaint against Martin, allowing Martin to avoid that.

That there is some serious Step 9 behavior and since then, the guy has been all about modeling ideal behavior.

My prob with Brown is that he's not even at Step 1 if that's his anger-management thing (as it often is). I'm not sure he admits he has a problem he is powerless to fix by himself.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3jl668oc said:
Only for no guaranteed money, then I’m for it. If he acts up. Cut his ass.

#LetRussCook

This is the only situation I see that would be OKAY with taking a gamble (because it wouldn't be a gamble) on AB.

Bigpumpkin":3jl668oc said:
If DK went down with a torn ACL....then I'd consider it......and not before!!

Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby.