Antonio Brown to TB + TB (Tom Brady & Tampa Bay)

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2fsnr3ee said:
If DK went down with a torn ACL....then I'd consider it......and not before!!

Yes, I think it would undermine DK's confidence a bit.. we're doing great without AB.. why screw it up..get a rusher FFS, that we can use. I'd rather wait for Gordon, who is less boisterous and assuming.

kf3339

Reaction score
This is certainly an interesting new development. Do we sign AB and if so at what contract terms. Here is my thinking.

We have a solid #1 and #2 WR, with Moore as a pretty good #3. At this point he isn't an upgrade over Lockett or DK, but probably over Moore. That would give us four solid WR with some extra depth at the position. From just a football aspect that should be a positive. From a character and locker room aspect it's somewhat difficult depending on which AB shows up. So the contract as stated would have to be no guaranteed money and a short rope to prevent any disturbances from him. Is that realistic, I don't know.

What I will say is this. We have been waiting a rather long time and have heard nothing about if Gordon will be allowed to come back a play this season. AB can be signed and play after 8 games this season. So how do you think he is looking at this scenario. Is he looking at this opportunity and begging to get himself right with a contending team, or just wants the paycheck. It is hard to say.

I think he may be seeing the end of the line if he doesn't change his ways. He probably wants a chance to play for a Super Bowl contending team with a great QB. If that is the case RW and the Seahawks makes a lot of sense for him. Since he practiced with RW this off-season he is probably looking in our direction.

For the right deal, I would sign him. Just think of how an opposing defense is going to cover DK, AB ad Lockette on the field at the same time. You can't possibly double team any of them and leave a wide open WR for RW to play catch and pass all day. That is going to stress any teams defense like never before. Just think about that for a moment.

The good thing is that none of us are making the decisions. We just post our opinions, sit back and watch what the real decision makers will do. It should be fun to watch. :irishdrinkers:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I would do this just to keep the Packers from getting him or Gordon.

TypeSly

Reaction score
This sounds like it's likely to happen. I'm really worried about this. For one, a 5-0 team, that needs defensive help more then offensive help doesn't need to take this chance. Two, I can totally imagine that if DK is still the number one option, him being disruptive about this. OR if Brown becomes the number one option, I'm not sure how DK feels about this. I could definitely be wrong, but it is a little concerning.

Momofantv

Reaction score
Everyone talking about josh Gordon are insane!!!! The dudes been suspended 8 years + after 2-3 games every season. He’s a great dude but he will never ever play 50% of a season hoping for someone who can’t even make 5 games out of 16 is basically having a injured player constantly that you depend on

chris98251

Reaction score
No emphatically no, DK is 22 years old, you don't undermine all his work and rising star with a great attitude and work ethic for a problem child for a half season. You do that and DK will bolt when his contract as up based on the competition mantra being broken.

Gordon will come back at some point, I can see the unraveling in Green Bay with Brown and Rodgers on the same team, I am not worried.

TwilightError

Reaction score
WR is the one group where Seahawks seriously do not need to add anyone. This is a lose/lose scenario. All he will give us is chaos in the locker room.

TypeSly

Reaction score
To expand on my concerns: If 0-5 teams or such (which a lot of them could use help in every facet of the game) are passing him over, why would a 5-0 team with DK and Lockett want to take a chance? I really hope this doesn't happen.

And to add to that: He has shown with TWO teams now, that his interests / needs are > than the team's, no matter the situation.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2n1vturs said:
TreeRon":2n1vturs said:
Maelstrom787":2n1vturs said:
Chapow":2n1vturs said:
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're either joking or having a stroke.

Yeah, I'm hoping that's a bit of tongue-in-cheek humor myself.

I'd hoped someone would at least chuckle. :D

I figured, haha. Unfortunate that some people think that way, isn't it?

I really hope the Seahawks just steer clear of this guy. At the very best, he's self-centered and has diva tendencies. At the worst, he's absolutely mentally insane.

I agree with Maelstrom. Just the thought of this scares the hell out of me. Our offense is fine. We have good chemistry on the offense. Don't F with it. Besides, I don't want anyone messing with DK's head. Hard pass for me.

Really hoping this doesn't happen. Only bad things can come from it. Besides, I don't want that morally bankrupt loser on my team anyway. I don't care how good he is on the field.

They need to concentrate their efforts and resources on the defense where we obviously need the help and leave the offense alone unless they re-instate Gordon who I would definitely be on board with.

TypeSly

Reaction score
TraderGary":3kqx51l1 said:
Maelstrom787":3kqx51l1 said:
TreeRon":3kqx51l1 said:
Maelstrom787":3kqx51l1 said:
Yeah, I'm hoping that's a bit of tongue-in-cheek humor myself.

I'd hoped someone would at least chuckle. :D

I figured, haha. Unfortunate that some people think that way, isn't it?

I really hope the Seahawks just steer clear of this guy. At the very best, he's self-centered and has diva tendencies. At the worst, he's absolutely mentally insane.

I agree with Maelstrom. Just the thought of this scares the hell out of me. Our offense is fine. We have good chemistry on the offense. Don't F with it. Besides, I don't want anyone messing with DK's head. Hard pass for me.

Really hoping this doesn't happen. Only bad things can come from it. Besides, I don't want that morally bankrupt loser on my team anyway. I don't care how good he is on the field.

They need to concentrate their efforts and resources on the defense where we obviously need the help and leave the offense alone unless they re-instate Gordon who I would definitely be on board with.

Agreed completely. Even if he's a good player on the field for us, there's no way at his age, and with his accomplishments, that he isn't a big influence on our young receiving core off the field.

getnasty

Reaction score
Antonio Brown just doesn't seem like the kind of dude that's going to be happy with 3 to 4 targets a game. I think i'm passing on him but at the same time if you could get him to buy in, huge upgrade over Moore.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
TypeSly":313wpfwf said:
To expand on my concerns: If 0-5 teams or such (which a lot of them could use help in every facet of the game) are passing him over, why would a 5-0 team with DK and Lockett want to take a chance? I really hope this doesn't happen.

And to add to that: He has shown with TWO teams now, that his interests / needs are > than the team's, no matter the situation.

It's pretty simple really. 0-5 teams aren't going to give him a look because they're 0-5 and he isn't worth the headache for a couple meaningless wins in an already lost season. Good teams are going to kick the tires because they can talk themselves into thinking he could be the talent that takes them to the next level and possibly a Super Bowl.

massari

Reaction score
Everyone who doesn't want AB on the Seahawks are going to be having fits watching him and Davonte Adams shred the Hawks D in the NFC Championship game.

Maybe we get lucky and don't have to see him until the Super bowl, where he plays alongside Tyreek Hill and Kelce.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
TwilightError":28rpzfo9 said:
WR is the one group where Seahawks seriously do not need to add anyone. This is a lose/lose scenario. All he will give us is chaos in the locker room.

I think Pete has proven he can handle locker room chaos. For years, he managed challenging personalities, from Sherman to ET to Marshawn. Over time, things will go south, but AB is merely short-term insurance against an injury to DK or Lockett -- because no one behind them has their level of talent. And waiting until an injury hits before bringing in an AB won't work because there needs to be some time to develop chemistry between a QB and a WR.

I would much prefer Josh Gordon too, but it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
massari":3vm0l2ks said:
Everyone who doesn't want AB on the Seahawks are going to be having fits watching him and Davonte Adams shred the Hawks D in the NFC Championship game.

Maybe we get lucky and don't have to see him until the Super bowl, where he plays alongside Tyreek Hill and Kelce.

The thing with AB is that he is such a monumental gamble that it is far from certain he would last until the end of the season without either being released or having another public breakdown where he leaves whichever team that signs him.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the dude has terminal CTE after some of the vicious and illegal hits he took from Burfict over the years. Which would explain the erratic behavior. He wouldn't be a good insurance policy at all, and needs to be retired whether he agrees or not. This AB nonsense from 'talking heads' needs to just stop.

Ozzy

Reaction score
All for it. The one area we could improve on is third downs and Brown would be a monster in that area with the shorter intermediate stuff with as quick as he gets in and out of his breaks. Zero chance he damages the culture with Pete and Russ there and this is his last chance. You’re not going to magically fix the defense so make scoring points even easier to help out on the back end. This would make them the most talented offense in the league

aawolf

Reaction score
I'm getting Percy Harvin vibes. That's not good.

ivotuk

Reaction score
A guy who has all these off the field problems, has been accused of domestic violence and rape, yet the NFL is letting him back in?

Yet Josh Gordon smoked some weed and he's still out? No consistency.

All I need to hear is "accused of rape and domestic violence." No.

Pete is going to be non-committal about this because it's such a hot topic, but I think in his mind, this is a non-starter.