Astros stealing signs

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Rumors of buzzers and other devices, and then out comes the news that the Astros were using a "codebreaker" program in real-time during games to figure out signs and then communicating that to the dugout.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-sign-stealing-scheme-codebreaker/4697247002/

I haven't had the time to watch the "apology press conference," but I've read plenty of outrage about it.

At this point, if the MLB doesn't strip the 2017 title and suspend that entire 2017 roster for 1/2 a season, I'm pretty much done with the league. No integrity or respect for the game or the fans.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":xs4i7qoy said:
Rumors of buzzers and other devices, and then out comes the news that the Astros were using a "codebreaker" program in real-time during games to figure out signs and then communicating that to the dugout.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-sign-stealing-scheme-codebreaker/4697247002/

I haven't had the time to watch the "apology press conference," but I've read plenty of outrage about it.

At this point, if the MLB doesn't strip the 2017 title and suspend that entire 2017 roster for 1/2 a season, I'm pretty much done with the league. No integrity or respect for the game or the fans.
I think Manfred just keeps hoping it'll all go away. I think he's badly miscalculating. It isn't going to. It's probably too late to suspend and strip now.

acer1240

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1xsx0l4z said:
From Dan Patrick this morning:
They're now the Houston Asterisks

I agree with that.

I listened to that so called apology from the owner and it was flat out embarrassing.

MLB should be ashamed.

I don't think the Astros were the only ones doing it, but they sure as hell should have been made an example of.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
acer1240":1i264mw0 said:
hawksfansinceday1":1i264mw0 said:
From Dan Patrick this morning:
They're now the Houston Asterisks

I agree with that.

I listened to that so called apology from the owner and it was flat out embarrassing.

MLB should be ashamed.

I don't think the Astros were the only ones doing it, but they sure as hell should have been made an example of.
Yep. If they want to stop it they’d vacate the Astros World Series title.
The commish has been an epic failure in handling this.

It’s still worth cheating at this level if they let you keep the World Series title.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1e5335tt said:
The commish has been an epic failure in handling this.

It’s still worth cheating at this level if they let you keep the World Series title.
Agree and agree, 100%. Manfred is pussy.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
These guys got away with stealing a title,Screwing other teams out of playoffs,Screwing pitchers
out of the majors,padding their stats and whatever else but not one player gets suspended?
I say let Pete Rose back for sure..Since these times seem so lax on punishment.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Cannot believe they are being let off the hook this easy. Players should face year long suspensions and their rings stripped. Glad I dont follow baseball...its a joke. Astros better be severely booed by every fanbase they go to this year.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Cyrus12":rhmikcxs said:
Cannot believe they are being let off the hook this easy. Players should face year long suspensions and their rings stripped. Glad I dont follow baseball...its a joke. Astros better be severely booed by every fanbase they go to this year.
Oh there will be plenty of fan fallout, but it won't matter cuz Manfred is a pussy. He's the only one that could make a real difference and he obviously just wants it all to go away. IMO he is now one of the worst commissioners of a major North American sport in my lifetime (63+ years).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":205qt5ru said:
Cyrus12":205qt5ru said:
Oh there will be plenty of fan fallout, but it won't matter cuz Manfred is a pu$$y. He's the only one that could make a real difference and he obviously just wants it all to go away. IMO he is now one of the worst commissioners of a major North American sport in my lifetime (63+ years).
....and that’s a low bar to step over with Rog, and David Stern being commish’s in our lifetimes.
I had very little against Manfred before this, it should cost him his job, as his inaction is putting the integrity of the game in question. What’s to stop ownership group from trying this again if they are not going to strip you of said tainted title.

So what if they fire your replaceable GM, replaceable manager, fine you (a likely billionaire) 5 million dollars and take away a couple draft picks. That’s a slap on the wrist. Make them vacate their title, and suspend and fine the players involved, and give them a multiple postseason ban, if you are serious about stopping cheating.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I read an article that Dusty Baker is concerned his players are going to get thrown at this season...let's hope so.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Players have been ripping Manfred for being a pussy (my term not theirs). Even Mike Trout came out and said he "doesn't agree with the punishment" and that he didn't agree with the Asterisks players "not getting anything" (in terms of punishment).
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/mike-tro ... punishment

When Mike Trout speaks out, you got a problem Manfred. Dude is so vanilla makes Russ seem colorful

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":17segqme said:
Players have been ripping Manfred for being a pu$$y (my term not theirs). Even Mike Trout came out and said he "doesn't agree with the punishment" and that he didn't agree with the Asterisks players "not getting anything" (in terms of punishment).

When Mike Trout speaks out, you got a problem Manfred. Dude is so vanilla makes Russ seem colorful
It’s only going to get worse for MLB. I’m calling this now, Manfred doesn’t survive this.
He will be fired or will quit.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2x3bghb1 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2x3bghb1 said:
Players have been ripping Manfred for being a pu$$y (my term not theirs). Even Mike Trout came out and said he "doesn't agree with the punishment" and that he didn't agree with the Asterisks players "not getting anything" (in terms of punishment).

It’s only going to get worse for MLB. I’m calling this now, Manfred doesn’t survive this.
He will be fired or will quit.
Think you might well be right man.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
TBH, I'm hoping that every asterisk that was on that roster gets a beanball thrown straight their damn head at least once every time they step up to the plate. I don't care if you think that's 'poor sportsmanship' or whatever - this is grown men playing hardball, and in previous times crap like this would get taken care of between the lines. Everyone who was on those rosters needs to retire under fear of their damn lives. Since the commish won't enforce rules, let the players who were wronged do so.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
GeekHawk":185eu5h3 said:
TBH, I'm hoping that every asterisk that was on that roster gets a beanball thrown straight their damn head at least once every time they step up to the plate. I don't care if you think that's 'poor sportsmanship' or whatever - this is grown men playing hardball, and in previous times crap like this would get taken care of between the lines. Everyone who was on those rosters needs to retire under fear of their damn lives. Since the commish won't enforce rules, let the players who were wronged do so.

New manager of the Asterisks Dusty Baker asking MLB to protect Houston players from retaliation.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/287 ... etaliation

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1ludda45 said:
GeekHawk":1ludda45 said:

New manager of the Asterisks Dusty Baker asking MLB to protect Houston players from retaliation.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/287 ... etaliation
There was a time where the players could police certain things and it was
a good thing but today they can't handle having a ball thrown near them to
back them off the plate..Let alone getting drilled :lol:
Alltuve and Correa would be my choice for it if I could do it.