Astros stealing signs

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Threedee":2tpbr788 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2tpbr788 said:

The awesome thing about it is that Altuve could not have been wearing a buzzer, but, the overwhelming amount of evidence against the team means that no one will believe him.
There was a thing where he told his teamates not to rip his shirt off after
scoring the winning run in WS..
A reporter said he went to a private area to take top off when all he was
doing was putting a Championship shirt over the shirt he had on under
the Uniform..So why the need to hide?
Anyway that team BA jump speaks volumes..Disgusting :pukeface:

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":f39yk9yx said:
lol low blow...

I LOL'ed.

I was so pumped about the Mariners last season... 13-2 and bought tix to the Friday night game vs Houston and they were blown out and swept.

The snowball effect started with me going to that game. This year I'm not going to any Mariners games. Hopefully they'll do better than 1-18 vs the Astros like last year.

As for the sign stealing... I think the punishments are appropriate. Can't really punish the players because nobody knows who and to what extent... and sign stealing has always been a part of baseball. Punish the GM and manager for knowing about it and not doing anything about it which has been done.

Still don't get why though... the Astros are stacked but anything for an edge it seems...

Maulbert

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":24ko0rxn said:
Seahaaaawks":24ko0rxn said:
lol low blow...

I LOL'ed.

I was so pumped about the Mariners last season... 13-2 and bought tix to the Friday night game vs Houston and they were blown out and swept.

The snowball effect started with me going to that game. This year I'm not going to any Mariners games. Hopefully they'll do better than 1-18 vs the Astros like last year.

As for the sign stealing... I think the punishments are appropriate. Can't really punish the players because nobody knows who and to what extent... and sign stealing has always been a part of baseball. Punish the GM and manager for knowing about it and not doing anything about it which has been done.

Still don't get why though... the Astros are stacked but anything for an edge it seems...

I don't understand how anyone can be optimistic during another Mariners false start. I am in a constant state of expectation that they will, inevitably, drop the other shoe.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
IMO that entire roster/coaching staff/FO is guilty because everyone who was even allowed in/around the dugout was complicit with what was going on. You're telling me a bunch of adult men just didn't ask twice about garbage cans/whistles constantly making noise in the dugout during games and at-bats? It's an absolute joke.

Vacate titles or the punishment is virtually non-existent.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":2rim47ft said:
IMO that entire roster/coaching staff/FO is guilty because everyone who was even allowed in/around the dugout was complicit with what was going on. You're telling me a bunch of adult men just didn't ask twice about garbage cans/whistles constantly making noise in the dugout during games and at-bats? It's an absolute joke.

The whole thing is shit.. and honestly, to the degree they've done it, they should be reprimanded very harshly. The problem I have with vacating titles is who gets them? Wouldn't all the teams the Astros beat to get to the Dodgers say "well, if they didn't cheat, we would've been there?"

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":juz5fetd said:
JGfromtheNW":juz5fetd said:

The whole thing is $h!t.. and honestly, to the degree they've done it, they should be reprimanded very harshly. The problem I have with vacating titles is who gets them? Wouldn't all the teams the Astros beat to get to the Dodgers say "well, if they didn't cheat, we would've been there?"

A simple asterisk stating title vacated is sufficient enough. I dont think you can award it to the Dodgers but no way Houston should have their name attached to this .

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3c8hynfi said:
Uncle Si":3c8hynfi said:
JGfromtheNW":3c8hynfi said:

The whole thing is $h!t.. and honestly, to the degree they've done it, they should be reprimanded very harshly. The problem I have with vacating titles is who gets them? Wouldn't all the teams the Astros beat to get to the Dodgers say "well, if they didn't cheat, we would've been there?"

A simple asterisk stating title vacated is sufficient enough. I dont think you can award it to the Dodgers but no way Houston should have their name attached to this .

I'm with ya Si, I don't think you can give it to the Dodgers, etc. I think what Cyrus said, just vacating titles, would be "enough," but IMO it's still not enough.

Let's send Houston to the moon.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":31fezbkt said:
JGfromtheNW":31fezbkt said:

No one would get the vacated titles. You just have the words “vacated title” with an asterisk in the record book and a footnote explaining why the title was vacated. This would put a stop to this level of cheating.

I also would like to see the players involved to be suspended for a substantial period of time with no pay. I don’t see the this happening as they seemed to have given the players immunity for their testimony with MLB investigators.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2nk0u92s said:
Uncle Si":2nk0u92s said:
JGfromtheNW":2nk0u92s said:

I dont think even the teams shorted in all this want to see an entire season "vacated" because one team cheated though. I wonder what say the owners have in all this.

That video of them cheating IN the World Series over the Dodgers is just insane.

It's also crazy that in 2017, the Houston Astros had to resort to whistling and banging garbage cans to send messages to players. I saw more ingenuity from the kids in Sandlot trying to get that ball back.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":iaje9re0 said:
JGfromtheNW":iaje9re0 said:

The whole thing is shit.. and honestly, to the degree they've done it, they should be reprimanded very harshly. The problem I have with vacating titles is who gets them? Wouldn't all the teams the Astros beat to get to the Dodgers say "well, if they didn't cheat, we would've been there?"
LA City Council passed a resolution today asking MLB to award the '17 and '18 WS titles to the Dodgers.

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... es-dodgers

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Usually when a title is vacated, it goes to nobody. History books would show no championship in those seasons.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":rgg5mm3b said:
Usually when a title is vacated, it goes to nobody. History books would show no championship in those seasons.

When has this happened in a major sport? Genuinely curious. College football?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Uncle Si":10kdfk09 said:
XxXdragonXxX":10kdfk09 said:

It happened to USC's 2004 BCS title, and Louisville's 2013 national championship in basketball. Those are the only championships I can think of that was vacated.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3kkjgmwj said:
XxXdragonXxX":3kkjgmwj said:

Not sure if it’s happened in professional sports. As Maul mentioned it’s happened in college a couple of times.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
It sets a bad precedent if the Astros are still reveered as champions for those seasons. They have to acknowledge the scandal somehow...show some balls unlike the NFL did with the Patriots.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sounds like MLB is not going to strip Houston of their World Series titles.
Game On! All of the teams might as well cheat now. It’s worth it even if you get caught as
Long as you can keep the championship. MLB simply wants this to go away....... it won’t.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":yhzfq08j said:
Sounds like MLB is not going to strip Houston of their World Series titles.
Game On! All of the teams might as well cheat now. It’s worth it even if you get caught as
Long as you can keep the championship. MLB simply wants this to go away....... it won’t.
Yeah I think you're right. I think Manfred is dropping the ball here. He should be dropping the hammer instead.

OP
OP
HAWKAMANIA

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
If they don’t vacate the title and you’re a pitcher on an affected team, you bean the players in their lineup that cheated. Just one bean ball a game so the league doesn’t do anything. Switch up who you hit and the inning when you throw it. A few games into the season and their batters will catch on and wonder “Am I next? When is it coming?”

The more info that comes out about this, the more it enrages me as a fan.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Cyrus12":dd01ln96 said:
It sets a bad precedent if the Astros are still reveered as champions for those seasons. They have to acknowledge the scandal somehow...show some balls unlike the NFL did with the Patriots.

And if they don't, down goes the revenue -- fans want real outcomes, not manufactured ones.

Latest posts