Bears offered 3 firsts, a third, and 2 players for RW

Jville

Reaction score
knownone":9jn4c7cy said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN/status/1372193922676588545[/tweet]

I'm still not sure what to make of this report. Almost every credible source indicates that a Wilson trade is still a possibility, which makes you wonder what the whole Pete told JS not to trade Wilson rumors were all about. So are we out of the woods? It really sounds like something is going on behind the scenes.

It's posted at 7:31 am per the time stamp. Their show time starts at 8:00 am and runs until 10:00 am.

Cast the bait and reel em in. Plenty of fish in the sea today and again tomorrow. Keep em guessing and coming back for more. Cast and Reel.

Fade

Reaction score
I think it's done for this year unless Wilson revises his list to MIA, CAR, or NYJ.

To even do this move you need to get a potential franchise QB in return which would require a top 10 pick. Even then it's not even close to a guarantee that they will be, it's a dice roll.

Good on Pete if it is indeed true that he shot it down. The Bears offer is laughable. three 1sts, and three 2nds is where you would start due to the Bears picking in the 20s. Seattle would then need to package a bunch of those picks together to move up and take their guy. This is what the Bears will end up doing in this year's draft, watch.

John63

Reaction score
Jville":31oe24eb said:
knownone":31oe24eb said:

I'm still not sure what to make of this report. Almost every credible source indicates that a Wilson trade is still a possibility, which makes you wonder what the whole Pete told JS not to trade Wilson rumors were all about. So are we out of the woods? It really sounds like something is going on behind the scenes.

It's posted at 7:31 am per the time stamp. Their show time starts at 8:00 am and runs until 10:00 am.

Cast the bait and reel em in. Plenty of fish in the sea today and again tomorrow. Keep em guessing and coming back for more. Cast and Reel.

Yeah he does not "think" its over. Way to ensure clicks. To bad we have other saying PC said they are not trading Wilson.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
They won't get a better offer not this year and i'm extremely skeptical they get a better deal a year from now. If those players were Mack and a low cap hit quality player or just a tradeable piece like Roquan they probably should have taken it. Wilson is likely more than likely almost certainly gone after this season.

ivotuk

Reaction score
James in PA":39xnix6z said:
All 3 of those first rounders would have been in the 20’s. Unacceptable. To get a player of RW’s caliber, at least one of those would’ve had to be a top 5 pick. Impossible to guarantee, thus no deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What he said :2thumbs:

Rat

Reaction score
John63":1fokv0xh said:
Jville":1fokv0xh said:
knownone":1fokv0xh said:

Yeah he does not "think" its over. Way to ensure clicks. To bad we have other saying PC said they are not trading Wilson.

Yeah, the credible source is the one who says what you want.

Rat

Reaction score
I would take that offer in a second if we had another QB option on the roster. You guys are way overvaluing Russ. He'll probably be gone next offseason for less.

NINEster

Reaction score
chris98251":t4axb4m8 said:
Kinger95":t4axb4m8 said:
The jets have what we want.

Sam darnald, pick number 2 in this draft to take a QB or Penei Sewell . Our pick number 23 back from the Adam’s trade a 3rd rounder this year and 2 future 1sts(with the jets being the jets they might be good picks)

With Russ aging and being notoriously hard to protect because he leaves the pocket it’s a pretty good package

READING COMPREHENSION AND UNDERSTANDING PLEASE !!!!!

ARE THE JETS ON WILSONS LIST???????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOT A DEAL UNLESS YOU CAN CONVINCE HIM TO PLAY FOR A LOSING TEAM SINCE THE 1990"S

If he really thinks he's top 5 of all time, then he should feel like he can make a difference. He's not a rookie coming into the draft.

He should be grateful he was drafted by Seattle. Not many other teams could have allowed him to have the career trajectory he had. To get good enough to carry a team while being carried for his first few seasons.

Everyone loves Saleh, and there's a buzz over there. The GM situation is improved over years past. I'd have more respect for Wilson if he agreed to go to the Jets than these other teams.

He's impermeable to criticism, so even if he/the Jets sucked, he wouldn't get the blame.

Would also likely be the best trade partner for the Seahawks, so he can give a little love on his way out.

keasley45

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":r7ceh7am said:
They won't get a better offer not this year and i'm extremely skeptical they get a better deal a year from now. If those players were Mack and a low cap hit quality player or just a tradeable piece like Roquan they probably should have taken it. Wilson is likely more than likely almost certainly gone after this season.

I thought I read that the hawks response was that they weren't trading Wilson 'at this time'. Not weighing in on that either way, just thought I remember seeing it that way I think.

If so, that might be why there's speculation that the dust hasn't yet settled. 'At this time' could mean pre June 1. It could mean not until closer to the draft. It could mean not until we see an offer that's really compelling.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
That deal will fly next year if the Hawks take a dump in the post season once again.

jeremiah

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2fagje1g said:
I feel like keeping RW and the team the way it is, is like watching the Walking Dead After Season 5 or so. The show is over, why are we dragging this crap along? Time to rebuild (unless you're getting rid of old man Pete, which the Hawks are not). Oh because RW is some franchise QB to bring the team to the playoffs year after year, why don't you ask GB how well that's worked out for them since their SB win...sure as hell looks a lot like the RW story (and he has less NFCCGs to show for it). BTW I'm going to go out on limb and say Mahomes isn't winning another SB in the next 4 years either unless he does something Tom Brady like regarding his own contract. This is how the salary cap is designed with these top QBs. The proof is in the pudding for all these teams/elite paid QBs.

Agreed, hey I slipped greed in there.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Basically the trade was for a couple of players, Hawks would have squandered the picks.. so they were smart to not trade, OTOH, there is probably not a better time to get a good deal for RW than right now.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Rat":1pv3jg9s said:
I would take that offer in a second if we had another QB option on the roster. You guys are way overvaluing Russ. He'll probably be gone next offseason for less.

Therein lies the heart of the issue. We don't have another QB

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Trrrroy":2yrvydc4 said:
If those starters were Mack and Fuller I'd be temped.

I'd be tempted also, but it probably wasn't the case.

nwHawk

Reaction score

nanomoz

Reaction score
Ya, it isn't a good idea to assume this saga is over. It might be, but I'm not sleeping easily yet.

Schefter addressed this in a bit early today. It makes sense.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/robstaton/status/1372197822360137729[/tweet]

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Like was said earlier, I am surprised that JS had a deal but PC said now. I would have thought it would have been the other way around with the big rift apparently between Pete and Russ.
It feels like we are going to have to put a lot of faith in Waldron to put an offiense in place that gets the ball out of Russ's hands fast (as long has he's willing) and be successful....and Pete is going to have to keep his hands off - probably the hardest part of this.

Even though I think there is a problem there is a part of the 4 teams where Russ would like a trade that didn't make sense to me. When it comes to fit and that team's ability to deal they didn't really make sense.
Dallas - was looking to sign Prescott long term. Why would they trade the assets to get Russ instead
Saints - fits a neat but despite what people say that you can create cap room, no way from the cap hell they were in
Raiders - Another team with not a lot of cap room and considering what they have done gutting their line how would they have fit Russ in?
Bears - Unrealistic trade considering there was no QB there that could come the other way. When they said 2 Bears starters coming the other way in the potential trade, ugh I was thinking if it went down Nick Foles would be our new. starting QB.

Maybe I am over-thinking it, but Russ and his camp are calculating and put thought into everything. Did he purposely pick teams thet didn't would be hard to deal with so he could get the message out that he was unhappy and looking to leave? But frame it so a deal realistically couldn't happen....playing a game of chicken? And Pete and Jon doing the same thing, listening to offers but when push came to shove, Pete came to senses and backed off.

It's going to be a quite the off-season....and even with Russ not listing them, all the draft capital the Jets have and their need for a QB will keep me nervous until draft day.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":fv4v78qj said:
I feel like keeping RW and the team the way it is, is like watching the Walking Dead After Season 5 or so. The show is over, why are we dragging this crap along? Time to rebuild (unless you're getting rid of old man Pete, which the Hawks are not). Oh because RW is some franchise QB to bring the team to the playoffs year after year, why don't you ask GB how well that's worked out for them since their SB win...sure as hell looks a lot like the RW story (and he has less NFCCGs to show for it). BTW I'm going to go out on limb and say Mahomes isn't winning another SB in the next 4 years either unless he does something Tom Brady like regarding his own contract. This is how the salary cap is designed with these top QBs. The proof is in the pudding for all these teams/elite paid QBs.

We all know the day is coming when we won't be making playoffs. It could be as soon as next year.

With him we have more chance of getting to the playoffs than we had and we all know the time is coming when we don't have what we've had since 2012. They want to postpone that for at least one year to get to the playoffs, which would then put us in the same position next year if Pete Ball continues.

We're actually pretty fortunate that we get to argue the playoffs every single year on behalf of our own team.

knownone

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3i230oii said:
Like was said earlier, I am surprised that JS had a deal but PC said now. I would have thought it would have been the other way around with the big rift apparently between Pete and Russ.
It feels like we are going to have to put a lot of faith in Waldron to put an offiense in place that gets the ball out of Russ's hands fast (as long has he's willing) and be successful....and Pete is going to have to keep his hands off - probably the hardest part of this.

Even though I think there is a problem there is a part of the 4 teams where Russ would like a trade that didn't make sense to me. When it comes to fit and that team's ability to deal they didn't really make sense.
Dallas - was looking to sign Prescott long term. Why would they trade the assets to get Russ instead
Saints - fits a neat but despite what people say that you can create cap room, no way from the cap hell they were in
Raiders - Another team with not a lot of cap room and considering what they have done gutting their line how would they have fit Russ in?
Bears - Unrealistic trade considering there was no QB there that could come the other way. When they said 2 Bears starters coming the other way in the potential trade, ugh I was thinking if it went down Nick Foles would be our new. starting QB.

Maybe I am over-thinking it, but Russ and his camp are calculating and put thought into everything. Did he purposely pick teams thet didn't would be hard to deal with so he could get the message out that he was unhappy and looking to leave? But frame it so a deal realistically couldn't happen....playing a game of chicken? And Pete and Jon doing the same thing, listening to offers but when push came to shove, Pete came to senses and backed off.

It's going to be a quite the off-season....and even with Russ not listing them, all the draft capital the Jets have and their need for a QB will keep me nervous until draft day.
The Raiders are the most likely of the teams from Russell's list. They can free up close to 35 million by trading Carr and/or cutting Mariota.

Vetamur

Reaction score
knownone":2lx3fj8d said:
SoulfishHawk":2lx3fj8d said:
The media seems to almost refuse to admit it's not gonna' happen. It's just odd that they are so hell bent on Russ being traded.
To be fair, both Russ and our front office could quell these rumors pretty easily. So, it's not entirely on the media for speculating.

Didnt just take a phone call and spit ball for a while. He got on a plane to freaking North Dakota to have a meeting about a trade.

I would think that should at least give you some pause to those who are saying that a trade is out of the question or impossible. I doubt JS had any other pressing business there, and Im SURE he had pressing business at VMAC. And yet on the eve of free agency he took a trip devoted to this. Not sure people are digesting the implications of that.