Bears offered 3 firsts, a third, and 2 players for RW

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just because some of us don't think it was gonna' happen, doesn't make it some horrible take.
Some think it was a forgone conclusion he was gone. I don't. Big deal. Yes, there is clearly some issues to work out, welcome to the NFL. This isn't new. Rodgers whines and moans every year, somehow they get thru it.
Sure it's possible for ANY player to get traded. I just don't think it's nearly as bad as the media and/or fans make it out to be.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Trading Wilson before this season means going through a season where you likely struggle.

Already in a difficult division and not an incredibly easy non-NFC West schedule either. (Suddenly that Bears game would be more difficult).

You would stand a real chance of handing a top 10, maybe even top 5 pick to the Jets.

Can you imagine how that would make Carroll look?

We have no choice but to keep Wilson because we need the year we suck to be the year we stand a decent chance at a pick for a QB. If we trade Wilson next year, we are likely terrible the year following - giving us an option to get a good QB in a class that looks to have a few coming.

As good as the Bears offer seems to be, it strips this team of the ability to acquire a new QB when it struggles without one.

We have to wait a year so the post-Wilson pain gives us the chance to get another starting QB.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
We’re going to struggle if we don’t get the run game back on track. I see a defense that is going to give up 21+ a game.

If RW can keep the turnovers in check we’ll have a shot.

I still hope we trade RW next year and rebuild the team. Gives RW and the Seahawks a chance to win a Super Bowl.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A little tired of Bears fans and national media members saying that Schneider and Carroll are being unreasonable.

If the Bears (or any team) think that you can replace a top 5 QB in his prime with 1st round picks in the 20's of the draft, then they wouldn't be trying to trade those picks for said top 5 QB in his prime.

We know that's HIGHLY unlikely, and so do they.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":8dtgy3vz said:
A little tired of Bears fans and national media members saying that Schneider and Carroll are being unreasonable.

If the Bears (or any team) think that you can replace a top 5 QB in his prime with 1st round picks in the 20's of the draft, then they wouldn't be trying to trade those picks for said top 5 QB in his prime.

A good description I heard was that trade would make the Seahawks the Bears....until they find a starting QB again.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1tq2tp9l said:

Yeah, I have to laugh how they call this a massive offer. Uh no it's not. Not for a hall of fame QB in his prime.
Unless Watson is coming back any offer isn't sufficient unless we are talking THE first pick in the draft and a QB like Lawrence sitting there.
Late firsts are not that valuable.

haroldseattle

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2a80ipyo said:
That deal will fly next year if the Hawks take a dump in the post season once again.

Maybe. The Seahawks have a ton of cap space next season with over 100 million to spend. So they can/will be signing sexier FAs. If they decide to trade RW that saves 11 million in cap next season and Wagner would likely be traded or cut to save 16 million. So many ways to build next season and trading RW isn't necessarily the way they go, but yeah they likely consider it and the sticking point would be the abiliy to find a suitable replacement for RW. Either getting a very early draft pick so as to draft their next QB or trading for very young QB that hasn't risen in value to the point of being to expensive to trade for. At the end I think they retain RW and build the OL, find a WR or resign Lockett, draft a top RB and more. That's my dream . ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Natethegreat":zuzep1ny said:
Late firsts are not that valuable.

Especially when you just gave up your two late firsts for Adams, so the net gain is a 3rd and one even later first in three years?

There's no way this trade happens even next year unless we get a top 5 pick or a legitimate top 10 QB in return. Period.

Russell can complain all he wants, he has no leverage for at least two years.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1372629493177671685[/tweet]

Never, ever been so happy to hear "Go 'Hawks, baby."

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":opoqnfas said:

Yeah he ain't going any place and I have a huge suspicion he and PC have already made up

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2plfgcbh said:

Imo this is a big deal because I read an article in The Athletic (can't remember who wrote it)r regarding a press conference who said it was the first time they ever noticed he didn't sign off with that. If he's doing it again, I think that is significant, considering how crafted his message usually is.