Bo Scarbrough injury

massari

Reaction score
Interesting they used him instead of DJ Dallas in the close important game

chris98251

Reaction score
Penny, Carson, Hyde, Collins, Bo, Dallas, Homer, and our one FB Bellore, Bo and Collins on PS right now, BO may go IR if we fill up, with our snake bit situation with RB's I don't think we cut guys loose though. We will get creative.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Wow. Yeah. It was fun watching Bo and Carlos knocking down Cardinals like bowling pins. Both with decent speed and cuts. I loved watching Bo as a college player. Great pick up. Bellore and Homer probably odd men out to my thinking. (considering PS and main 53). I didn't notice in the game but Bo looks like somebody that physically take on pass rushers to help protect Russ too. Not a given with all backs.

olyfan63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":e2wzwww8 said:
PC said Penny is coming back very soon so..
Carson,Hyde,Penny and Collins?
Two Rb's will be gone(likely)
I think Homer is gone and Dallas might be..
We see how people fall in love with RB's in here
that never make it anywhere or are scrap players.
Forsett was one that somehow got away but for
the most part PC/JS let the right RB's go

I just remember losing all our healthy RBs last year. I relate to what you are saying about "falling in love" with RBs. Dallas is my adopt-a-rookie so he's "special", lol. It's hard to know who stays or goes because ST impact factors in for those roster bubble guys. Homer has a rep as a good Special Teamer, don't know about Dallas yet, though I think he is a good kick returner.

I really do think Forsett is a decent comp for Dallas, but it took Forsett a couple years to find his groove, his niche, in the NFL. I think Dallas sticks because of his all-around versatility.

I was never on the bandwagon for the one RB who looked good the one preseason, the short super quick guy, but I see he is on the field (for an NFC East team?) and making positive plays for them. His name will come to me as soon as I press submit... Let's see... Troymaine Pope, but then there was another one, kind of a poor man's Percy Harvin, he's the one getting PT 2 years later.

sutz

Reaction score
Homer is pretty solid in pass protect. That's the main reason he was the 3d down back. Would def be nice to see us go into the stretch with health RB options.

Bo was intriguing in the few snaps we saw from him. Runs hard, and with his size he can steam roll a safety with the best of them.

themunn

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3ro1h12h said:

Forsett had one good season as a feature back - right around the time Lynch was at his peak, so no big loss there.

Collins stayed on the practice squad for the Arizona game and I imagine that will continue to be the case when Penny is activated.

Both Homer and Dallas will probably stay because they are cheap insurance cover for a position where we've had injuries strike at the worst possible time. More likely to see Nick Bellore cut to make room I imagine - as a 10y veteran his minimum salary is a good bit higher than both rookies (who also carry some dead cap weight), and he has only played a handful of offensive snaps (17). It depends whether they see his value add on Special Teams as being that much greater than Dallas/Homer.

More likely than not.Hyde is the odd man out in 2021 if we resign Carson since he was signed as Penny insurance given they expected he wouldn't be ready until... well the other two are both cheap backups.

kf3339

Reaction score
themunn":2wy9k23j said:
IndyHawk":2wy9k23j said:

Forsett had one good season as a feature back - right around the time Lynch was at his peak, so no big loss there.

Collins stayed on the practice squad for the Arizona game and I imagine that will continue to be the case when Penny is activated.

Both Homer and Dallas will probably stay because they are cheap insurance cover for a position where we've had injuries strike at the worst possible time. More likely to see Nick Bellore cut to make room I imagine - as a 10y veteran his minimum salary is a good bit higher than both rookies (who also carry some dead cap weight), and he has only played a handful of offensive snaps (17). It depends whether they see his value add on Special Teams as being that much greater than Dallas/Homer.

More likely than not.Hyde is the odd man out in 2021 if we resign Carson since he was signed as Penny insurance given they expected he wouldn't be ready until... well the other two are both cheap backups.

You can only sign Carson for a low guarantee, incentive laden one year contract for next year. That will be after every other team passes on his contract demands. The odds of that happening are very remote. Some team with a lot of cap space (even with the expected drop in cap next year) is going to offer him more than we can or should commit.

Hyde will be a better option for us. Our cap needs to go other places with most primarily on defense. I just don't see keeping an injury prone RB for anything other than a very low one year contract. Carson isn't going to be with us next year. Just saying.

sutz

Reaction score
Gonna be interesting what happens with the cap. Lot of revenues lost this year.

kf3339

Reaction score
sutz":ee6xsqdb said:
Gonna be interesting what happens with the cap. Lot of revenues lost this year.

That's the problem. I'm been hearing as much as $30M drop per team. Perhaps more. No UDFA is getting their demands met this off-season. Teams are going to be slashing expensive vets who will be lucky to find another similar contract. It will be even worse for average player contracts.

Some vets will be asked to slash their current contracts just to stay with their current team. It's going to be ugly for next year, and perhaps the year after that. We don't even know if 2022 will be back to normal. Thousands of companies are shutting their doors permanently. Millions of people are out of work and may never find another decent job again. Players need to be prepared for that reality and what it will mean to their contracts. Television contracts could drop far more than anyone realizes. Companies are going to be slashing their marketing budgets. Professional sports is going to be impacted. Just saying.

chris98251

Reaction score
One solution, ask Bobby and Russell to restructure, then go down from there, everyone knows the impact of Covid, the real selfish ones won't budge granted but across the league we may see a lot of restructure, guys on teams like the Jets will balk and be thankful to get cut and move on, guys on teams like the Seahawks while not wanting to give a service away may adjust something, either a year off their contract to hit FA a year early if they want or shifting Salary to Bonus money, it will be interesting, NFL has not went backward in Cap for a very long time if ever.

sutz

Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things (and trying not to get "political") all forms of entertainment have taken huge hits and may not recover for years, if ever. The NFL is just part of that club. I hope the Seahawks have some plans in place to workt this out. RB has not traditionally been a high investment position, with a few exceptions. Given the cap ramifications, Scarborough might be the future for us at RB.

LTH

Reaction score
sutz":26xrwcwk said:
In the grand scheme of things (and trying not to get "political") all forms of entertainment have taken huge hits and may not recover for years, if ever. The NFL is just part of that club. I hope the Seahawks have some plans in place to workt this out. RB has not traditionally been a high investment position, with a few exceptions. Given the cap ramifications, Scarborough might be the future for us at RB.

You would think that players would see the writing on the wall and take less in these weird times...

Even in a regular year, how many times have you seen a player leave the Seahawks for more money and then get cut a couple of years later and end up back with the Hawks for less money?

If I were Carson with the amount of talent behind him, I would not be asking for the moon...

LTH