Cam Newton vs Geno Smith, who would you pick for a backup QB

toffee

Reaction score
At this point, it comes down to NO vaccine, no clipboard. Can't afford to have a backup QB that could keep Russ out of any games. It really is that simple.

Cam might still have better football skills and abilities than Geno, but he ain't got more skill than Russ. Not going to let him jeopardize Russ.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Cam Newton is probably #1 on my list of players who should never be a Seahawk. If Wilson got injured then it's considerable. But at that point the seasons lost.

He is such a cry baby, I can't stand Cam Newton. Always on the sideline hiding under a towel.

Some of my best Seahawks memories was when Bruce Irvin destroyed him every game, that was fun to watch.

Tokadub

Reaction score
pmedic920":1zhydzt4 said:
Obviously vax vs no vax could be part of the decision process BUT please keep the thread about the actual topic.
There’s multiple threads you can voice opinion on the vaccines themselves.

My opinion on topic:

No way I want Newton on the team I root for, and his skill level isn’t even in the top 3 reasons.

Well if Cam Newton declined the vaccine he's way smarter than I thought. That's the first good decision he has made in his career.

I don't have a problem if anyone wants to be vaccinated, but don't look down on others if they want to have freedom with their body.

Personally, you'd have to pay me at least $200,000 before I'd even consider being vaccinated and I am not in a good economic situation.

Tokadub

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1f78rjcl said:
seabowl":1f78rjcl said:
ivotuk":1f78rjcl said:
seabowl":1f78rjcl said:
I truly get the dislike for Newton . With this said you are all saying Geno now but with Covid positives on the rise, if forbid Russ goes into quarantine then I'd rather have the MUCH better qb in Cam then Geno. Sorry but Cam being better than Geno is fact.

Delusional post. :snack:

Physically, his shoulders are shot. Too many big hits, and surgeries.

He’s been a starter everywhere he’s been. Geno only started at the way beginning of his career and was relegated to backup because he is not good enough to start.

Now who’s delusional?????
> Anyone < who believes that a player that refuses to PROTECT others on the team by getting vaccinated is "DELUSIONAL", that's who.
AND the old saying, "the tail goes with the hide", in other words not being "vaxxed" HAS to be a consideration in this discussion,
BB most certainly took it into consideration, no?

If you are already vaccinated why do you need protection? You just proved why it's so stupid to require it.

Tokadub

Reaction score
cymatica":br8nhh6h said:
Really? Because all I've heard about the vaccines is they only prevent serious illness and death. What about the thousands of positive tests for vaccinated people?

There's a lot of people who have gotten seriousally ill or died right after the vaccine.

Off the top of my head guys like Hank Aaron and Marvin Hagler. :sarcasm_on: They definitely were weak men though so that could explain why the vaccine killed them almost immediately... :sarcasm_off:

That's just the famous people a lot of healthy young athletes are just dropping dead lately after taking the vaccine, I'm talking High Schoolers.

Tokadub

Reaction score
John63":ncwktpic said:
you answered your own question if the vaccines prevent serious illness and death, why would you want someone on your team that might get seriously ill or die. Therw is a difference between being vaccinated and testing positive but knowing you will not die or get seriously ill, and not being vaccinated and know you might die or get seriously ill. The reality is if he is not vaccinated he is a bigger threat to himself and to others period. It's not about fear it's about the facts.

Where are you getting your data? 99% of people who get Covid-19 are fine no chance of death not even close.

But then you have fully vaccinated professional athletes in the hospital like Oscar De La Hoya. He's WAY more likely to have gotten sick from the vaccine than some weak ass Covid-19 that for 99% of people they either have no symptoms or it's like a mild cold or flu...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/OscarDeLaHoya/status/1433857153433944069[/tweet]

There is a reason why it "kicked his ass" in his own words. His immune system is trash now after taking the vaccine.

Tokadub

Reaction score
keasley45":1nwkv0zl said:
Getting covid once does not prevent you from getting it again and having it worse the 2nd time. Plenty of folks who have been stricken twice and faired much much worse the 2nd time.

Not true for the vaccine. Yes. You can still get the virus but there's a high likelihood (almost 100%) the illness won't be serious or that you'll potentially have little or no symptoms at all. You can however still pass it with its full lethality to others whether you are vaccinated or not.

I agree if you take the vaccine your immune system will be totally wrecked for future infections, such as the "delta variant". That's probably what you are referring to when you say it was worst the second time.

So there's almost a 100% chance the illness won't be serious if you are vaccinated? That sounds like almost the exact same data for unvaccinated people... so how does the vaccine help again?

According to Google the chances of dying from Covid-19 in the United States is:

YysRXhF

Azr6Ii1

So you have about a 1.6% chance of dying from Covid-19.

Of course this number is not correct because the PCR test doesn't work and the hospitals have incentive to gain over $30,000 profit for every Covid-19 patient last I heard... even more if they put them on a respirator...

Everyone knows the numbers are inflated so the real number is probably less than 1% just like as if you were vaccinated...

Seems pretty simple this is all some serious bologna by mainstream media imo.

Forgot to mention that people who died of Covid-19 had what is called "multimorbidity":

Multimorbidity is defined as the co-occurrence of two or more chronic conditions.

In the case of the average Covid-19 death they had 4 chronic conditions... they were VERY unhealthy before they even got Covid-19.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":skpotfxm said:
Bigpumpkin":skpotfxm said:
SantaClaraHawk":skpotfxm said:
Cam Newton is unvaccinated. The prospect of him infecting the quarterback room was probably a factor in BB's mind.

Can we get serious here?

I'm serious. He lost time already over covid, both last year and this year.

Every QB room interaction has to be conducted via different protocols. People like BB don't like being "flexible" in that way by nature.

Cam probably made it clear he wouldn't be a No. 2--or a cooperative one--and on top of this, wouldn't do the one thing that would make him look like a team player.
He's never been a team player..It's always been about him.
I can never get over him not trying to recover his fumble in SB.
you are right on BB not being flexible for scam-good..

flv

Reaction score
Smellyman":31y74qoa said:
Would hate to see tokadub's facebook feed
If this site isn't moderated you'll soon see it here.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
PC and apparently RW are comfortable with Geno. I fail to see how 2021 Cam does that much better on the skill front.

And not to get political, at all, but just pointing out the NFL-NFLPA rules around covid for the season. An unvaxed player could clearly spread it or even get it from the vaxed, in either case imperiling his availability more.

If you're unvaxed and around anyone who tests positive, you're out for five days. If you actually test positive, it's 10 days.

If you're vaxed, you just have to test twice sequentially over more than 24 hours, and you are good to go.

Competitve advantage.

King Dog

Reaction score
"I fail to see how 2021 Cam does that much better on the skill front."

You fail to see how Cam does much better than Geno on the skill front? LOL

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cam not trying to fall on that ball in the Super Bowl is about the most embarrassing moment in NFL history that I can recall. Don't want him, no matter what.

RiverDog

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":yp7lli1x said:
Cam not trying to fall on that ball in the Super Bowl is about the most embarrassing moment in NFL history that I can recall. Don't want him, no matter what.

You forgot the reason why he didn't fall on the ball: He was afraid that he was going to get hurt.

I remember players on the Seahawk defense, at a time when there was quite a bit of acrimony between them and Russell (ie "not black enough"), after Cam made his "afraid I'd get hurt" statement, came out and said that their QB would have crawled through the hubs of hell to get that ball back.

There's also another reason that has surfaced recently: Cam got let go in part because he'd been there a year and still didn't know the playbook. A rookie quarterback was having to help him with it. If there were ever a player with an entitlement attitude, it's Cam Newton.

seabowl

Reaction score
Anyone that was saying Geno was the right choice on this thread want to still argue for him?

RiverDog

Reaction score
seabowl":3fescino said:
Anyone that was saying Geno was the right choice on this thread want to still argue for him?

If the choice was Cam or Geno, then yes, I still would have taken Geno.

Besides, it really doesn't matter. We weren't playing very well even with Russell in the lineup so I can't see how a washed up reject like Cam Newton was going to make that big of a difference. If Newton didn't bother to learn the playbook in the year that he was with the Patriots, it's doubtful that he could have mastered our offense in a week or two.