Chicago attempting to land Wilson

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I'd take the any of the Saints offensive line and they have a LOT of talent on defense too. The Saints have more toffer than any other team IMO. And I'd rather get proven talent than late round firsts anyway.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2zpqsvw9 said:
I'd take the any of the Saints offensive line and they have a LOT of talent on defense too. The Saints have more toffer than any other team IMO. And I'd rather get proven talent than late round firsts anyway.

You can't pay all that proven talent with the dead cap hit and other guys already on the team. That's the issue.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
James in PA":2ahgzv4m said:
So who’s playing QB for the Seahawks if a trade with the Bears go down? Pete is not rebuilding. The only team that makes sense from “the list” is the Raiders because you’re getting a decent QB in exchange, while sending Russ to the AFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trade those 4 first rounders to the Texans for Watson. I'd have zero faith in this management to do anything with those types of picks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Bears and Saints are both jockeying to find a way within the possible to get Wilson.

If trading for Wilson makes sense because they are in 'win now mode',

What does that say about the team trading Wilson away?

What 'mode' are they in? 'Not Win Now Mode'?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
The idea that Saints can't or won't be able to trade players because of the cap is a fallacy. Yes they are over the cap but they can save a lot of money by trading some of their guys too. Yes they eat some dead money but they save money too.

To be clear I think trading Russ is dumb and I do not support it at all. Keep Russ and move on from Pete is my opinion.
Getting a hall of fame QB is incredibly hard to do and 3 late firsts in no way equate to the value of Russ imo.
You need to get a much bigger haul than that plus some quality proven players on top of that.
Even then I wouldn't do it but that has to be the baseline.
Heck we gave up 2 firsts a third and a starting quality safety for Adam's.
Russ us wirth FAR MORE than a safety.

knownone

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1aairezk said:
Sgt. Largent":1aairezk said:
No thanks.

Of all the "Russell Wilson approved trade partners," the Bears have the worst draft capital and worst roster to cherry pick.

The Saints have least to offer. No way they will trade Alvin Kamara and he’s the only one besides Michael Thomas that is worth getting. They have a lower draft capital than the Bears.
The Saints actually have young assets to trade that play a position of need: Lattimore, McCoy, Ruiz, Ramczyk, Davenport, etc. Try making a list of young Bears players that play positions we need. It's basically Roquan Smith, who's only a need if you move on from KJ, and maybe Jaylon Johnson.

You could make the case that the Saint's have the assets to make a trade work, assuming they can get their cap situation figured out. As we discussed in the NFL forum, Ramczyk and Lattimore are all-pro caliber players, in their early prime, in the final year of their rookie contracts. Pair them together or with another one of those players, and the Saints could offset the diminished value of their late 1st round picks. So, Lattimore, Ramcyzk, two 1sts, and two 2nds might be enough to entice Seattle to rebuild.

The Bears, on the other hand, would have to blow up their future and trade away their defense to make a trade work. The major problem being they basically have to trade Mack to have the cap space to add Wilson. So they'd either have to trade Mack for more picks to use in a Wilson trade or give Seattle enough draft capital that they'd be willing to take on a 30-year-old DE. Because with his current cap hit, Mack is a negative asset for Seattle in a rebuild.

Essentially, to make a deal involving Mack work, the Bears would have to give Seattle enough draft capital to where they could reasonably attain a QB to remain competitive. To do that, We can assume that Seattle would need to trade up from the 20th pick into the top 10 of the draft, which adds an additional future 1st and 2nd round picks in real draft value from the bears (keep in mind that picks diminish in value by 1 round/year, those picks three years from now would have the combined real value equivalent to a 3rd round pick today). So, the Bears would be looking at some absurd trade that involves Smith, Mack, three 1sts, and three 2nds.

Unless these trade value charts are completely off base. I can't wrap my head around how the Bears could make a deal that works for both sides.

Fade

Reaction score
The Saints can make it work, the Salary Cap is a joke. At any given moment you can always spread base salaries out over up to 5 years by converting to signing bonus. Guys on the internet have already put out ways the Saints could get under the cap and trade for Wilson.

Ultimately though, I don't think the Saints are going to trade for Wilson this year. Payton has an ego too, and I'm thinking he thinks he can make it work with Jameis Winston. Next year if Wilson is still available the Saints will be at the front of the line, after Jameis faceplants.

I would make the Bears the frontrunners this year if it happens due to desperation. They would be willing to give Seattle everything for Wilson. It's just a matter of Pete willing to accept the package. I'm hoping cooler heads prevail, and they give it at least 1 more year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That is what I think too.

One hope is that Pete has enough of an ego he might think he can turn it around.

The season with Pete and Wilson lowkey sniping at each other through 3rd parties will likely be a flaming disaster, but it probably is the best option out of the ones we have to pick from. Since Shcanning Pete is still not an option.

But a trade a year from now is almost a certainty at this point. And a trade this year is not impossible.

What a dumpster fire.

If Chicago get Wilson it is going to be extremely unpleasant to watch the Bears regularly go farther in the playoffs than we did since the SB loss. Even worse considering we won't be making the playoffs anymore without Wilson.

But don't blame Wilson. You would want Pete gone if you were him too. And without that option, then you would need to get out of there.

rcaido

Reaction score
Only way i would trade for Russell Wilson would be Walter Payton Prime along w/ Singletary, Dent, & Mack. Also throw a couple first round picks that we will use to trade for Watson.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I just don't see this being allowed to persist through the season. They're going to figure it out soon, one way or another. Having Russ's agent leak shit all season would be an unacceptable distraction inside and out of the locker room. They're going to have to either give Russ what he wants or let him go, before the draft I think.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
No package from the Bears is complete without Ifedi!

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Wilson season stats

Passer rating 105.1
TD's 40
Total Yards 4212
Com percentage 68.8

He's not going anywhere.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2asnodrs said:
Wilson season stats

Passer rating 105.1
TD's 40
Total Yards 4212
Com percentage 68.8

He's not going anywhere.
It's not about his ability, this post is completely irrelevant as to what is going on within the organization.

The heart of the matter is Russell Wilson doesn't feel like he's valued here. Wilson also is not fond of Carroll's offensive philosophy. He's now in his 30s, and he feels the need to cement his legacy, and Wilson doesn't feel like that is likely to happen with Carroll if the status quo doesn't change.

The only way Wilson stays is if one sides decides to give some ground. For what it's worth, I don't think Wilson is gone this season, but it wouldn't surprise me. I personally think Wilson is setting the state to exit in 2022 if things don't change to his liking. If that happens it's going to be Pete Carroll's biggest failure as head coach at both levels.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is fun in a Maddenesque way, yet sad; but the Bears don’t have the horsepower to get this done. Now the Jets or Miami, those are teams that have the picks and young QBs that could stopgap or even turn out to be passably OK. However, they are not ‘approved’ destinations. The team needs 3-1’s and at least two quality starters to start this to get done. I’d prefer the Jets option (b/c of Darnold who could actually be a whole lot better than he’s shown so far) and there the team controls the additional 1sts., but this seems like pipe dream stuff. This situation seems to getting worse.

I hate this, but Wilson wants out. He has broken the primary rule of always protecting the team and it’s now spinning up fueled by Wilson’s PR team and becoming worse. My favourite Seahawks player doesn’t really want to be a Seahawks player anymore. I’m not buying the it’s Pete’s stubbornness BS, Wilson has an agenda and wants to go to bigger market to sell his “brand”. When he was in the Let Russ cook phase, his eyes got wide and he saw the possible MVP award, unfortunately the scheme allowed him to be predicable and the O had had be dialed back so the team could continue to win. I believe in the right scheme, with adequate protection and a supporting cast Wilson could be the MVP, but that’s another whole story. The team changed OCs after the season and they won’t be as predictable going forward. Pete wants change, so does Russ, why is it they can’t figure this out? Problem is Wilson wants out.

I’d love this to blow over, but I think this is not going to end well for the Hawks. Unless the trade works out.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3fsxzw7f said:
This is fun in a Maddenesque way, but the Bears don’t have the horsepower to get this done. Now the Jets or Miami those are teams that have the picks and young QBs that could stop gap or even turn out to be passably OK.

I hate this, but Wilson wants out. My favourite Seahawks player doesn’t really want to be a Seahawks player. I’m not buying the it’s Pete’s stubbornness BS, Wilson has an agenda and wants to go to bigger market to sell his “brand”.

I’d love this to blow over, but I think this is not going to end well for the Hawks.
I agree.

For a guy that has only one super bowl and many do not even give the credit too, he sure thinks very highly of himself.

He wants to be build “his” brand.

Somewhat of a selfish endeavor which doesn’t automatically mean be a better football player.

More so, build is “image” to be somewhat bigger than he really is, credentials, wise.

Somewhat full of himself.

Russell Wilson is IMO is becoming more like Alex Rodriguez.

If Wilson wants to leave so badly, let him. But get everything you can from him first.

Need to move on sometimes in life.

It is what it is.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jammerhawk":27n7doly said:
This is fun in a Maddenesque way, but the Bears don’t have the horsepower to get this done. Now the Jets or Miami those are teams that have the picks and young QBs that could stop gap or even turn out to be passably OK.

I hate this, but Wilson wants out. My favourite Seahawks player doesn’t really want to be a Seahawks player. I’m not buying the it’s Pete’s stubbornness BS, Wilson has an agenda and wants to go to bigger market to sell his “brand”.

I’d love this to blow over, but I think this is not going to end well for the Hawks.
I think it has less of Russ wanting out, and more of him being protected and Pete keeping his hands out of the offensive cookie jar. Russ wants Pey-Pey (Manning) authority over the offense.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Bears have a real shot!

Our QB this year should be Sam Darnold if the cards are played right! Sam was the youngest QB to start in the NFL in a very long time. Look closely at him he’s good but been on a bad team!

Hopefully the Jets will make a mistake and trade Darnold to Seattle! The GM is in a tuff spot in NY, perception & politics! Douglas has to trade Darnold because if Sam struggles with the bad OL, no RB, WR’s, or TE and they don’t draft a QB Douglas will get fired. If they keep Sam and draft a QB it’s going to hurt Darnold.

If they draft a QB and the QB struggles the GM will still be in good shape job wise. In other words drafting a QB buys the GM at least 2 more years as the GM.

The other thing the Jets should do is trade for Bobby Wagner or possibly Tyler Lockett! Lockett is on deck to be traded to Miami for Miami’s two second picks plus a couple young Guards. That should squelch the nonsense from those who say Lockett isn’t worth anything.

The guys we want from the Bears are Roquan Smith & Cody Whitehair!
Pairing Brooks & Smith would be the best young duo in the league! Whitehair is the real deal, an All Pro LG or Center!

The 4 teams that RW wants to go to have good Centers!

Pocic is probably 10th best Center in the league and getting better, wish I knew how good Pocic could be.

The problem with Mack is the Bears on 2 occasions converted base salary into bonus to make cap room, thus pushing $$ into later years! I don’t know how big a deal this will be for Seattle because in 2023 they will have to ask Mack to play for less or be cut.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I love and respect Russell but I don’t think he’s even close to Manning in play calling ability. What he is great at and better than Manning is turning nothing into something great. He is an accurate deep ball passer but not an OC, yet in the right scheme with the right protection he could be much more. However, neither is Pete an OC nor will he ever be but Pete is good at setting the stage for the team to have a chance to win. His record, with Wilson proves it.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":39dbm8qu said:
jammerhawk":39dbm8qu said:

I think it has less of Russ wanting out, and more of him being protected and Pete keeping his hands out of the offensive cookie jar. Russ wants Pey-Pey (Manning) authority over the offense.

Many including myself feel RW has hit a brick wall, if Pete & John agree with us all this drama makes sense! There’s no way Pete & John didn’t know RW was dissatisfied, they let him go bananas to get rid of him & get a huge haul of draft picks & players in return.

Season ticket holders were sent a letter from the Seahawks President reviewing the success last year, All the star players & successful rookies were mentioned but not a word about Russell Wilson!

RW choked in the playoffs & in multiple regular season games, it’s over for Russ!

Latest posts