Chicago attempting to land Wilson

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2mo9l6jg said:
I love and respect Russell but I don’t think he’s even close to Manning in play calling ability. What he is great at and better than Manning is turning nothing into something great. He is an accurate deep ball passer but not an OC, yet in the right scheme with the right protection he could be much more. However, neither is Pete an OC nor will he ever be but Pete is good at setting the stage for the team to have a chance to win. His record, with Wilson proves it.

With so much $$ on the line who do you trust? The NFL is cutthroat and that includes coaches! Carl Smith is someone Pete can trust & delegate important responsibilities too. Smith allows Pete to hire coaches that are good but might be back stabbers.

Seattle’s Defense requires great players at ALL positions, nobody is perfect at drafting rookies & acquiring Free Agents!

We are very fortunate RW, Lockett, and Bobby Wagner have great trade value because the NFL is a copy cat league!
On defense we need a star 3 tech DT, DE, Mike LB, CB, SAM LB, and possibly FS
On offense we need a QB, TE, WR, G, C, LT, RB, and RT. 14 positions for another dynasty that we don’t screw up this time.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Fresno, I flat out disagree about Wilson. I like your wish list but suspect it ain’t hapenin’.

However, I now think Russ wants to cook elsewhere. I’m sure the team would rather keep him here.

Perhaps he will get his wish and like all thing one should be careful what they wish for.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2ziefvom said:
jammerhawk":2ziefvom said:
This is fun in a Maddenesque way, but the Bears don’t have the horsepower to get this done. Now the Jets or Miami those are teams that have the picks and young QBs that could stop gap or even turn out to be passably OK.

I hate this, but Wilson wants out. My favourite Seahawks player doesn’t really want to be a Seahawks player. I’m not buying the it’s Pete’s stubbornness BS, Wilson has an agenda and wants to go to bigger market to sell his “brand”.

I’d love this to blow over, but I think this is not going to end well for the Hawks.
I agree.

For a guy that has only one super bowl and many do not even give the credit too, he sure thinks very highly of himself.

He wants to be build “his” brand.

Somewhat of a selfish endeavor which doesn’t automatically mean be a better football player.

More so, build is “image” to be somewhat bigger than he really is, credentials, wise.

Somewhat full of himself.

Russell Wilson is IMO is becoming more like Alex Rodriguez.

If Wilson wants to leave so badly, let him. But get everything you can from him first.

Need to move on sometimes in life.

It is what it is.

He thinks he's a top 5 QB all- time so I think you may be on to something ;)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... 1inah1ahyq

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3qf0d880 said:
Fresno, I flat out disagree about Wilson. I like your wish list but suspect it ain’t hapenin’.

However, I now think Russ wants to cook elsewhere. I’m sure the team would rather keep him here.

Perhaps he will get his wish and like all thing one should be careful what they wish for.

Sam Darnold for the win! That’s what I’m wishing for! Then we draft one of these QB’s, Kellen Mond, Davis Mills, or Felipe Franks.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2xgrwdiy said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2xgrwdiy said:
jammerhawk":2xgrwdiy said:
This is fun in a Maddenesque way, but the Bears don’t have the horsepower to get this done. Now the Jets or Miami those are teams that have the picks and young QBs that could stop gap or even turn out to be passably OK.

I hate this, but Wilson wants out. My favourite Seahawks player doesn’t really want to be a Seahawks player. I’m not buying the it’s Pete’s stubbornness BS, Wilson has an agenda and wants to go to bigger market to sell his “brand”.

I’d love this to blow over, but I think this is not going to end well for the Hawks.
I agree.

For a guy that has only one super bowl and many do not even give the credit too, he sure thinks very highly of himself.

Somewhat of a selfish endeavor which doesn’t automatically mean be a better football player.

More so, build is “image” to be somewhat bigger than he really is, credentials, wise.

If Wilson wants to leave so badly, let him. But get everything you can from him first.

It is what it is.

RW has lost his mind! Hopefully he will go peacefully and not screw up Carroll’s & Schneider’s master plan!

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":i8vvhni1 said:
They are only allowed to trade draft assets for 3 years out, including the upcoming draft - meaning they can only trade 3 first rounders. They hold pick 20 in the upcoming draft.

This isn't going to happen. The dead cap hit makes acquiring established players untenable, and their draft capital is non-premium. No way it gets done.
I think it can most definitely get done if they get an acceptable offer. Taking the entire dead cap hit for Russ this year (39m) is something like net -7mil against the cap considering his actual salary. They have a shit ton of cap space in 2022 including Russ's potential cap hit. If they get him off the books their cap space for 2022 goes to something like 180m. Although that number is partly due to having few players under contract for 2022 currently. It's more than enough room to borrow 40-50m from the '22 cap by restructuring/extending guys now giving you the room you need for '21. That leaves you more than enough cap space to use '21 as a mini rebuild/reboot year and to scout for the next QB for the longer term, all while getting back to playoff contention by '22 if you can secure a competent place holder at QB.

I think the 39m dead cap hit is a bit misleading. It should be phrased as an additional 7m against '21 if you trade Russ. People think it's an additional 39m against the cap, when it isn't. Furthermore, it isn't much better to wait until next year or make a post June 1 trade to split that dead cap hit to 13m/26m over the '21/'22. It's way better to take the full hit in '21 and get Russ completely off the books starting in '22. So, IF they get an offer they deem acceptable, they will absolutely pull the trigger if they think this thing is untenable going forward. For me, worst case scenario is going into next year with Russ if he's still butt hurt. That will do more damage to the Org potentially than trading him.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
The key to the Bears trade is it allows us to move on from Bobby Wagner!! Roquan Smith is probably the best LB in the NFL. Lots of Carroll defenses is the NFL right now and they all need a MLB, that’s on top of Carolina, Jacksonville, Miami, Buffalo, and Cleveland. Bobby could turn all those defenses around he should command top trade value!

He’s our ace in hole to get Sam Darnold from the Jets.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Hawkpower":27qojmsh said:
TheLegendOfBoom":27qojmsh said:
jammerhawk":27qojmsh said:

I agree.

It is what it is.

That's just sad. He isn't anywhere close to top 10 all time. It started for me in his post game interview after the first Rams game week 10 when he referenced his past, current, and no doubt future greatness. It was over after hearing how often he brought up his legacy during interviews. A self aware person doesn't say that out loud even if that is their main goal. I'm stilled convinced he's best utilized in a system that runs well and uses him to strike with those 25 throws a game when the defense gives them the looks they want. He obviously thinks he's on the level of Brady, but he might be the only one in the building that does. I'm looking forward to him trying to prove it somewhere else.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Aros":uuc7be4r said:
I wonder how much Kerr gets paid per article? I too could write a 6 paragraph "article" outlining potential trade scenarios that in the end says absolutely not a thing. Hell, I'll do it for a Jersey Mike's sub. Anyone?

Wake me when the madness is over and there's something with substance to report and talk about.

My thoughts exactly. I clicked thinking there would be anything of substance and it was pathetic even in terms of speculative entertainment.

AgentDib

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":3vom5eqh said:
I think the 39m dead cap hit is a bit misleading. It should be phrased as an additional 7m against '21 if you trade Russ. People think it's an additional 39m against the cap, when it isn't.
Whereas I think that understates the issue if anything, because you'd be paying 39 mil to not have a QB in a year where we don't have our first round pick and with a coach who doesn't believe in tanking.

Most of the talk in this direction is coming from Bears fans who do not understand that Pete's #1 goal right now is to win in 2021.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I think the team is crazy to limit themselves to teams on RWs list. I’d get the best offers from the Jets, Miami and the teams on RWs list and pick the best one then give the ultimatum to RW. Stay or go to the Jets? No third option. RW holding out would hurt his image so he would make a choice and either way we move on.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Appyhawk":88fazjcp said:
pittpnthrs":88fazjcp said:
ivotuk":88fazjcp said:
That teams sucks every year! And their offensive line blows! Jay Cutler got beat up, Mitch Trubisky got beat up. And who's he going to throw to? They're letting their best WR walk. Da Bears are a perennial joke! :34853_doh:

And yet they went as far as Seattle did last season.

Not quite. They didn't win a division title in the toughest division in the league.

This is a great example of some people holding onto regular season success. Besides a tshirt and hat, what did winning the division actually net the Hawks in the real scheme of things? A home playoff game that didnt matter.

AGAIN,,,,,the Bears went as far as the Seahawks last season.

toffee

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2f3vb7sp said:
I think the team is crazy to limit themselves to teams on RWs list. I’d get the best offers from the Jets, Miami and the teams on RWs list and pick the best one then give the ultimatum to RW. Stay or go to the Jets? No third option. RW holding out would hurt his image so he would make a choice and either way we move on.
Nailed it.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":34pgu992 said:
Hawkpower":34pgu992 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":34pgu992 said:
jammerhawk":34pgu992 said:

I agree.

It is what it is.

That's just sad. He isn't anywhere close to top 10 all time. It started for me in his post game interview after the first Rams game week 10 when he referenced his past, current, and no doubt future greatness. It was over after hearing how often he brought up his legacy during interviews. A self aware person doesn't say that out loud even if that is their main goal. I'm stilled convinced he's best utilized in a system that runs well and uses him to strike with those 25 throws a game when the defense gives them the looks they want. He obviously thinks he's on the level of Brady, but he might be the only one in the building that does. I'm looking forward to him trying to prove it somewhere else.
Part of branding effort, so many entrepreneur efforts depends on his brand. How could he became the only NFL player to own a NFL franchise if his brand ain't the brightest?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
AgentDib":1a8f35x2 said:
OrangeGravy":1a8f35x2 said:
I think the 39m dead cap hit is a bit misleading. It should be phrased as an additional 7m against '21 if you trade Russ. People think it's an additional 39m against the cap, when it isn't.
Whereas I think that understates the issue if anything, because you'd be paying 39 mil to not have a QB in a year where we don't have our first round pick and with a coach who doesn't believe in tanking.

Most of the talk in this direction is coming from Bears fans who do not understand that Pete's #1 goal right now is to win in 2021.

RW choked several times last year, that includes the playoffs! You guys got this whole thing backwards we can’t win anymore with RW!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
It’s Politics & Mind Control! Advertising is mind control! The Bears customers = fans = source of revenue! The fans aren’t logical because they’ve been brainwashed to sacrifice the rent $$$ for Bears apparel! That’s the magic of the NFL!

The Bears fans want RW and to beat the Packers, the Bears GM & coach must deliver RW or they’re fired!

The Seahawk fans want SuperBowls Pete & John must deliver or they will be fired!

pinksheets

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2y0uz1or said:
It’s Politics & Mind Control! Advertising is mind control! The Bears customers = fans = source of revenue! The fans aren’t logical because they’ve been brainwashed to sacrifice the rent $$$ for Bears apparel! That’s the magic of the NFL!

The Bears fans want RW and to beat the Packers, the Bears GM & coach must deliver RW or they’re fired!

The Seahawk fans want SuperBowls Pete & John must deliver or they will be fired!
I hope you get the help you do desperately need.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Why would Russ agree to go there? Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
pinksheets":o0kdhc9p said:
FresnoHawk68":o0kdhc9p said:

I hope you get the help you do desperately need.

You can be banned for insulting & attacking people here! Did I attack you personally? Do you think your a tuff guy? Would you like to meet so you can prove it?

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2h2a0ka3 said:
Why would Russ agree to go there? Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire!

$$$$$$$$ If RW gets traded he can ask for a new contract & make more $$$ on endorsements! Dak Prescott made $50 in endorsement deals in Dallas, RW with CAA will beat that $50 million if he goes to the Bears!

It’s true RW & Pete cannot win together anymore but it’s false to blame either one! Pete’s defense requires Star players at all positions that’s not going to happen when paying RW top dollar or if RW play is deteriorating!