Chicago attempting to land Wilson

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":dasjgssa said:
brimsalabim":dasjgssa said:
Why would Russ agree to go there? Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire!

$$$$$$$$ If RW gets traded he can ask for a new contract & make more $$$ on endorsements! Dak Prescott made $50 in endorsement deals in Dallas, RW with CAA will beat that $50 million if he goes to the Bears!

It’s true RW & Pete cannot win together anymore but it’s false to blame either one! Pete’s defense requires Star players at all positions that’s not going to happen when paying RW top dollar or if RW play is deteriorating!

$50 million!

Elemas

Reaction score
Although I’m totally against this, I see this happening. Too much smoke. We’ll waste the picks. Likely pick up an aging Mack. And watch Wilson torch the NFC.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2b4ttvy9 said:
pinksheets":2b4ttvy9 said:
FresnoHawk68":2b4ttvy9 said:
It’s Politics & Mind Control! Advertising is mind control! The Bears customers = fans = source of revenue! The fans aren’t logical because they’ve been brainwashed to sacrifice the rent $$$ for Bears apparel! That’s the magic of the NFL!

The Bears fans want RW and to beat the Packers, the Bears GM & coach must deliver RW or they’re fired!

The Seahawk fans want SuperBowls Pete & John must deliver or they will be fired!
I hope you get the help you do desperately need.

You can be banned for insulting & attacking people here! Did I attack you personally? Do you think your a tuff guy? Would you like to meet so you can prove it?

Alright boys, COVID fist bump and walk away.

chris98251

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":20dbc7n0 said:
pinksheets":20dbc7n0 said:
FresnoHawk68":20dbc7n0 said:
It’s Politics & Mind Control! Advertising is mind control! The Bears customers = fans = source of revenue! The fans aren’t logical because they’ve been brainwashed to sacrifice the rent $$$ for Bears apparel! That’s the magic of the NFL!

The Bears fans want RW and to beat the Packers, the Bears GM & coach must deliver RW or they’re fired!

The Seahawk fans want SuperBowls Pete & John must deliver or they will be fired!

You can be banned for insulting & attacking people here! Did I attack you personally? Do you think your a tuff guy? Would you like to meet so you can prove it?

If that was the case you would already be gone for insulting the intelligence of the whole Forum with these Fantasy league conspiracy theory's and trade scenarios.

You really need to learn interpretation, he was referring to your fantasy league trade.

You trying to call him out for a physical confrontation is against the rules on the highest of levels however.

mrblitz

Reaction score
...how about: Mack and Foles, plus 2 1sts, and 2 2nds... and the Bears eat Russell's contract?

Elemas

Reaction score
If it’s inevitable, I’d rather have their LB than Mack but....

Totally against losing Russ but you can’t help but think this is happening. We’re seeing too much chatter on this. Not to mention the Bears made it well-known they’re going all in. It takes two but, you have to agree there’s a lot of meat to this story.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
mrblitz":2kvaopd1 said:
...how about: Mack and Foles, plus 2 1sts, and 2 2nds... and the Bears eat Russell's contract?

It’s 3 round 1’s to start the negotiations! Foles is done! Seattle already has a QB targeted that is on another team if they didn’t they would have squashed the trade rumors because if RW is a Seahawk in 2021 & has another bad playoffs fans will be calling for Pete & John to be fired with substance! Right now there is no substance behind those that want Pete & John fired.

The 2021 draft has many future NFL QB’s in it that are not ready to start. The 2022 draft might have a couple. The 2023 draft should have the Alabama QB & the Clemson QB in it both are projected studs.

So what we want to do is draft a 2021 QB and acquire as many round 1 picks for 2023 as possibly these next 2 years and hope one of them ends up being pick 1 or pick 2 in 2023.

Also we have aging players Bobby Wagner, Tyler Lockett, and Duane Brown, if we can this is the time to trade them!

If you look at Stefon Diggs before he was traded to Buffalo his numbers are similar to Lockett’s but Diggs had a reputation of dropping passes and being dissatisfied in MN. MN got a nice package for Diggs and Diggs helped Buffalo over the hump & set franchise in the right direction, Diggs is on a reasonable contract!
3rd contract is always sketchy and if we’re not using Lockett on special teams it’s a no brained to trade him!

There’s a lot of Game theory being played out in the NFL right now by the smart franchises! The whole AFC East is desperate for WR’s it’s no coincidence that Seattle is mulling over Miami’s young Guards to package with Miami’s two round 2 picks in a trade! Seattle is not the type to let their business into the press so it could be a ruse to get the Jets to go after Lockett!

Bobby Wagner would turn any franchise around, like Lockett & Brown they all posses vast experience & knowledge plus high caliber play at their positions! Mid round 1 and high round 2 or 2 late round ones for Bobby is possible!

Duane Brown = Acquire Trent Williams then trade Brown for a round 2 or 3 pick.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Elemas":1pg5n2nv said:

Totally against losing Russ but you can’t help but think this is happening. We’re seeing too much chatter on this. Not to mention the Bears made it well-known they’re going all in. It takes two but, you have to agree there’s a lot of meat to this story.

We need them both!! No excuses get it done!! But Mack’s contract is messed up in 2023 & 2024! We should make Chicago restructure Mack’s contract so that we can have him locked up at a reasonable price for 4 years.

In 2023 Sam Darnold, Roquan Smith, and DK Metcalf will be in contract years we have to plan a head so we don’t have to trade one of them.

No doubt this is a sophisticated situation but it’s easy to execute if both parties are willing and the 3rd party RW cooperates!
RW has to be in shock the Seahawks called his bluff and are trying to get this done! If RW consistently beats the Packers the Bears fans will be satisfied!

Tinamedina

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3blmd54m said:
I think the team is crazy to limit themselves to teams on RWs list. I’d get the best offers from the Jets, Miami and the teams on RWs list and pick the best one then give the ultimatum to RW. Stay or go to the Jets? No third option. RW holding out would hurt his image so he would make a choice and either way we move on.

Yall seahawk fans dont get it do you? Yall have no leverage! Yall need Wilson, wilson doesnt need you. No Wilson? 5 and 11.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1sylzohl said:
Elemas":1sylzohl said:

We need them both!! No excuses get it done!! But Mack’s contract is messed up in 2023 & 2024! We should make Chicago restructure Mack’s contract so that we can have him locked up at a reasonable price for 4 years.

In 2023 Sam Darnold, Roquan Smith, and DK Metcalf will be in contract years we have to plan a head so we don’t have to trade one of them.

No doubt this is a sophisticated situation but it’s easy to execute if both parties are willing and the 3rd party RW cooperates!
RW has to be in shock the Seahawks called his bluff and are trying to get this done! If RW consistently beats the Packers the Bears fans will be satisfied!

I agree it's a story i disagree that Wilson is traded to Chicago. They don't have the draft position or players that would be enough for Seattle.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":3htw47xb said:
Elemas":3htw47xb said:

Still pushing the Sam Darnold agenda. eh? No thanks regarding trading for Sam Darnold. If 49ers want him, let them get him. The dude is crap. He has career QB rating of 78.6 and completion pct of 59.8. Which are similar to Geno Smith career stats. In no way I think the Seahawks would be a playoff team if Geno Smith or Sam Darnold was the starting QB. I'd rather have Sam Bradford start for the Seahawks than those two. I don't want that to happen either.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":12wh5a8n said:
FresnoHawk68":12wh5a8n said:
pinksheets":12wh5a8n said:
FresnoHawk68":12wh5a8n said:

If that was the case you would already be gone for insulting the intelligence of the whole Forum with these Fantasy league conspiracy theory's and trade scenarios.

You really need to learn interpretation, he was referring to your fantasy league trade.

You trying to call him out for a physical confrontation is against the rules on the highest of levels however.
Well said

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":clodumpd said:
FresnoHawk68":clodumpd said:
Elemas":clodumpd said:

I agree it's a story i disagree that Wilson is traded to Chicago. They don't have the draft position or players that would be enough for Seattle.

I agree they don’t right now but to make the deal work Seattle needs to find a QB or Chicago needs to get one that Seattle wants!
Chicago has the players that we want or they could trade those players for draft picks and send them to Seattle. Roquan Smith is one of the best Will LB’s and can play MLB, Mack is one of the best DE’s, and Cody Whitehair is capable of being an All Pro LG. RW knows the Bears interior OL is good!

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1sltelfl said:
That defense alone can get to a sb with just an avg qb. Russ looks at it and says hey another defense that can win me a super bowl which of course the qb always gets credit for. Bears have a good rb room, good upcoming tight ends as well as a decent wr roster if they franchise Robinson. Not sure why Mack is mentioned in return as thats an awful contract. 4 first rounders would be conceivable. Bears could get to a sb next year if they make this happen. Just not sure how Wilson would play in those nfc north cold weather games.

Except they haven’t made the Super Bowl since 2006, even with great defense.

No team in the last 20 years has WON a Super Bowl without very good to great QB play. Or an elite QB. The LOB without Wilson would be the 2017 Jags. Or the 2019 49ers. Or the Harbaugh 49ers.

The main issue is, Wilson has never gotten the respect he deserved during the LOB era. And that is why all of these delusional teams think they can replicate that formula. Every single time, they fall short because of the QB.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1xw7d2r9 said:
Hawkpower":1xw7d2r9 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1xw7d2r9 said:
jammerhawk":1xw7d2r9 said:
This is fun in a Maddenesque way, but the Bears don’t have the horsepower to get this done. Now the Jets or Miami those are teams that have the picks and young QBs that could stop gap or even turn out to be passably OK.

I hate this, but Wilson wants out. My favourite Seahawks player doesn’t really want to be a Seahawks player. I’m not buying the it’s Pete’s stubbornness BS, Wilson has an agenda and wants to go to bigger market to sell his “brand”.

I’d love this to blow over, but I think this is not going to end well for the Hawks.
I agree.

For a guy that has only one super bowl and many do not even give the credit too, he sure thinks very highly of himself.

He wants to be build “his” brand.

Somewhat of a selfish endeavor which doesn’t automatically mean be a better football player.

More so, build is “image” to be somewhat bigger than he really is, credentials, wise.

Somewhat full of himself.

Russell Wilson is IMO is becoming more like Alex Rodriguez.

If Wilson wants to leave so badly, let him. But get everything you can from him first.

Need to move on sometimes in life.

It is what it is.

He thinks he's a top 5 QB all- time so I think you may be on to something ;)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... 1inah1ahyq

That's just sad. He isn't anywhere close to top 10 all time. It started for me in his post game interview after the first Rams game week 10 when he referenced his past, current, and no doubt future greatness. It was over after hearing how often he brought up his legacy during interviews. A self aware person doesn't say that out loud even if that is their main goal. I'm stilled convinced he's best utilized in a system that runs well and uses him to strike with those 25 throws a game when the defense gives them the looks they want. He obviously thinks he's on the level of Brady, but he might be the only one in the building that does. I'm looking forward to him trying to prove it somewhere else.

Well said.

His delusion is part of the problem currently at hand.

As much as I love Wilson, I agree with your take.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Trade Wilson to the Bears. I know he played in Wisconsin,however, in the last couple of years I have noticed when it get cold, wet, & windy he struggles big time. Let's see how happy he will be there?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
HawaiiD":3503deso said:
Trade Wilson to the Bears. I know he played in Wisconsin,however, in the last couple of years I have noticed when it get cold, wet, & windy he struggles big time. Let's see how happy he will be there?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
Won't be our problem anymore .

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

massari

Reaction score
Sounds like a historic type package in return from the Bears if they make the trade according to Schefter

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN/status/1368990304204955648[/tweet]

Hopefully it'd be something like Khalil Mack + Roquan Smith + Jaylon Johnson + three 1sts + two 2nds

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Bears need to get Darnold then trade him to Seattle! The CB class in 2020 was sketchy not sure Seattle is going to want one from that class.

2021 CB draft looks real good for Seattle!

Aldon Smith DE Cowboys would be a perfect fit for Seattle if he’s overcome his demons!

At some point we have to lean on Darrell Taylor & Alton Robinson, wish I knew if Seattle wants to start Mack over those guys. Rasheem Green if he breaks out he’ll be a stud has the speed to chase down RB’s & QB’s.

Our biggest issue is 3 tech if we’re not going to move Poona there.

vonstout

Reaction score
Mack had 9 sacks last year. He isn’t worth the money. I’d rather have them resign Dunlap to a reasonable deal. If we trade with the Bears, Roquan, Jaylon Johnson, Darell Mooney, and Whitehair would be players to target along with picks. Getting Mooney could allow us to trade Lockett. He could be used as part of a package to move up for a QB.

I’d still try to work with the Jets or Miami.

Jets: Darnold, #2 pick, Becton, #23 pick and more picks if possible If we don’t want Darnold, trade him and use the #2 for the new Wilson or Fields. If you keep Darnold, trade #2 to get more picks or draft Sewell. Take a CB at #23.

Mia: Tua, Howard (cb), Jesse Davis, Gesicki, #3 pick, and more picks if possible.