Cougs

RiverDog

Reaction score
getnasty":9al1bxwu said:
I'm a WSU guy but not sure i like the hire. Sure JD did a nice job down the strech but it wasn't his kids and wasn't his plan. Any success this year goes to Rolo IMHO.

They weren't even Rolo's kids. For the most part, they're Mike Leach's recruiting classes. Rolo was in the WSU program for all of 20 months. His two recruiting classes are still freshmen (or redshirt freshmen) and sophomores. I can't credit him with all that much.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
RiverDog":38fy8nm6 said:
getnasty":38fy8nm6 said:
I'm a WSU guy but not sure i like the hire. Sure JD did a nice job down the strech but it wasn't his kids and wasn't his plan. Any success this year goes to Rolo IMHO.

They weren't even Rolo's kids. For the most part, they're Mike Leach's recruiting classes. Rolo was in the WSU program for all of 20 months. His two recruiting classes are still freshmen (or redshirt freshmen) and sophomores. I can't credit him with all that much.
He brought in de Laura from Hawaii tho

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Sun Bowl against the Canes is a good draw for the Cougs. I like Wazzu 42-10

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
WSU isn't in to Moral Victories? Now THAT is funny.
Lost 7 straight Apple Cups, finally win one against one of the worst teams in the country, and you storm the field.
That's the Poogs and their fans in a nutshell. Congrats, it only took 8 tries to finally win an Apple Cup.
Wazzu could go 1-11 and would act like their season is a success if they win an Apple Cup. They are the KINGS of Moral Victories. Nice try though.
And for the record, that was a curb stomp so they def. earned that one. Like many in this series, another game that's not even close. And I do hope they smoke the Canes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m a UW fan and hope the Cougs curbstomp the sugarCanes.

I have 3 favorite college football teams, UW, and whomever is playing Oregon and Miami.

Threedee

Reaction score
If WSU hadn't Coug'd it in the first quarter, they probably would win that game.

Also, someone needs to start pumping money into the Sun Bowl. As one of the original five legitimate bowl games, it should be a peer to the Sugar/Cotton/Orange games, just one notch below the Rose, and a couple of notches above the Fiesta.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Threedee":1vn2n7ns said:
If WSU hadn't Coug'd it in the first quarter, they probably would win that game.

Also, someone needs to start pumping money into the Sun Bowl. As one of the original five legitimate bowl games, it should be a peer to the Sugar/Cotton/Orange games, just one notch below the Rose, and a couple of notches above the Fiesta.

That whole game had a weird vibe to it. Announcers, crowd, weather, start time, refs, teams, players all seemed a bit "off". Cougs came out beyond flat and it cost them the game. Losing De laura likely didn't help (not that he was effective). Cougs had no run game with Borgi and McIntosh both out. Replacement tackles looked lost. 2nd half was better, but hoped for a better showing overall.