DK rumor's

BGHawk

Reaction score
So, I keep seeing the DK to the Steelers articles. I'm sure it's just the Steelers pipe dream to reunite Wilson with DK. I honestly don't think DK would want to go that route. If this did happen somehow, I would have a real problem with this front office. Your thoughts..

jeremiah

Reaction score
Better get lil' brother Watt in return. Actually it would be awesome, as long as we get a great deal. Like a future 1st in 25-26

Rat

Reaction score
Makes no sense post-draft. Would have been stupid beforehand too, but that would have been the time.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Why would we make that trade? Especially after the draft, which was super deep in WR. Basically with Lockett being older and injury prone, we would have one 2nd year guy and Lockett. Seems like a stupid move and makes zero sense to Seattle.

James in PA

Reaction score
Pissburgh will be drafting in the 20's, as usual. DK for the 23rd overall pick (rough guess) in 2025? Bad deal for us. They would need to sweeten the deal.

Jac

Reaction score
If they did something like this, I’d have to think it’d be to accumulate draft capital to move up for a QB next draft. Whether it’s DK or anybody else, you’d have to get back a first to make this work. But this rumor is just an internet idea I think.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Pissburgh will be drafting in the 20's, as usual. DK for the 23rd overall pick (rough guess) in 2025? Bad deal for us. They would need to sweeten the deal.
Which is one of the reasons why I'd insist on a first rounder plus. The Chiefs got 5 draft picks for Tyreek Hill: A #1, #2, 2-4th round picks and a 6th rounder. Metcalf isn't near the game-changer WR that Tyreek Hill is, but he should be able to draw at least a #1 plus. If we can't get at least that kind of capital, then it's not worth it.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I'm good with trading Metcalf, for the right price ie a 1st and a 2nd rounder or thereabouts. The Chiefs didn't fair too badly after they traded Tyreek Hill.
I was cool with it during his phase of injuring opposing WRs but now I'm curious to see how he conducts himself with the new staff and what are Grubb's plans utilizing the yoked out sonofsbitch

seabowl

Reaction score
A couple firsts would be tempting...
Agree. I would not take anything less than two number ones. He’s just too damn big and unique of a player. Maybe the only way I would take less is if we were in a cap crunch situation and needed to shed payroll

SNDavidson

Reaction score
KC, HOU, JAX, LAC, DEN, LV, most likely teams?

NoGain

Reaction score
I'm with most people. I'm open to a trade, but we'd have to receive a haul for it. I'd say, like another in this thread, a #1 and #2 pick in 2025. minimum. If not, I'd just as soon keep him and hopefully even better mine his talent. The extra picks would give us the flexibility of being aggressive in the next draft to go after our QBOTF. To me, that's by far the numero uno reason for attempting a DK trade. I think such a thing *might* be possible because JS knows he's on the clock for drafting a potential QBOTF next off season. He's run out of excuses and time not to.

Seahawker

Reaction score
DK in 24' - $24.5M 6th highest for WR's
TL in 24' - $18.9M 13th for WR's
That is 17% of the cap for two WR's.
Like we used to say in the 70's, too high.

JS has a tough decision to make.
On one hand DK has untapped potential just waiting to be unleashed. On the other another 1st+ could get us our QBOTF or supercharge our 25' offseason.

I love DK but I'm leaning toward trading him for the right haul from the right team. I also hope John is very careful about reworking his contract & pushing $ further out. Like getting a 2nd credit card to pay the first one.

JS is quite the horse trader, I'd even entertain DK & our 2nd for two 1st rounders or such. Maybe throw in one of our many CB's to sweeten the deal.

Seahawker

Reaction score
We should table this idea until the next draft. It makes ZERO sense for JS to trade DK now.
Not sure that's true, he is more tradable now then he will be in a year and we very much need cap room now. Also better to do it now during the retooling and having more time to morph the WR room to have it all come together in 25', 26' when we are ready to compete in the PO's.
If we wait a year his cost won't be as favorable to a trade partner & teams will just wait a year to compete for his services. Plus at that point we'll have to franchise him to keep him, $$$.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Not sure that's true, he is more tradable now then he will be in a year and we very much need cap room now. Also better to do it now during the retooling and having more time to morph the WR room to have it all come together in 25', 26' when we are ready to compete in the PO's.
If we wait a year his cost won't be as favorable to a trade partner & teams will just wait a year to compete for his services. Plus at that point we'll have to franchise him to keep him, $$$.
DK is currently signed through the 2025 season. If we were to franchise him it wouldn't be until the 2026 season.

I prefer that he stays a Seahawk for at least one more year... and then, with one year remaining on his contract, teams interested in trading for him will have him for at least one year... and then have the opportunity to re-sign him before the FA period begins in 2026.

He will be very trade-able after this season.

Also, trading him now would put extra pressure on our run game.

No DK, teams will stack the box and shut down K9 and Charbs.

RiverDog

Reaction score
We should table this idea until the next draft. It makes ZERO sense for JS to trade DK now.
Not necessarily. Suppose...heaven forbid...that Metcalf suffers a career ending injury this coming season. Would it have been better to have traded him this coming summer? Or, suppose Metcalf has a horrible season, and a bunch of teams lose interest?

There may be an opportunity before the trading deadline this coming season to trade Metcalf. If one or more teams view themselves as being just a player away from the SB and is enamored with Metcalf, that could be an ideal time to trade him.