DK rumor's

evergreen

Reaction score
DK has the huge potential. It hasn’t really been fulfilled for a season. He does have that signature play against Buda. I think that like ME3 he’s over valued by the rest of the NFL where we know his warts. Not catching enough passes. Trade while the value is high and avoid all the years of over paying.

Torc

Reaction score
Also, to repeat, it can't be ignored that we need as much draft capital to play with in the next draft to make a move for a potential QB of the future. We can't kick this down the road any further.
We're not picking a first round QB in the next draft.

Torc

Reaction score
JS has led 15 drafts. How many QBs has he chosen? One. In the third round.

During that QBs admittedly long and successful tenure, how many times did he fill the backup role in the draft? None. How many times did he grab a guy to develop in the wings? Zilch.

As he as mentioned, his mentor Ted Thompson would often pick guys like Hasselbeck, Brunell and Detmer to develop and trade. Even when he acknowledged that, he still didn't pick a QB anywhere this year.

After Wilson was traded, how many QBs has he picked in the three drafts since? Zero. Zip. Nada. None.

What on God's green earth makes you think he's gonna sink a ton of draft capital to move up in the first round to pick a QB?!?!?

Seahawker

Reaction score

During that QBs admittedly long and successful tenure, how many times did he fill the backup role in the draft? None. How many times did he grab a guy to develop in the wings? Zilch.

As he as mentioned, his mentor Ted Thompson would often pick guys like Hasselbeck, Brunell and Detmer to develop and trade. Even when he acknowledged that, he still didn't pick a QB anywhere this year.

After Wilson was traded, how many QBs has he picked in the three drafts since? Zero. Zip. Nada. None.

What on God's green earth makes you think he's gonna sink a ton of draft capital to move up in the first round to pick a QB?!?!?
Way to throw 7th rounder Alex McGough under the bus, brutal.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I want to clarify, though I advocated for striking while the morons were hot and trading DK mid-season to essentially an AFC West bidding-war, it was only because it was viable and we very much could have gotten 1st and two 3rds+. Now, DK is at the turning-point of his pro career, what will he do? I want him here as a leader, and I think he's about to be the next Shannon Sharpe at the WR position. The feisty annoyed big target who catches everything and hits you deep too.

NoGain

Reaction score

Because his reputation is on the line now, for one. No more PC to hide behind. Drafting a QBOTF is going to be a near constant drumbeat throughout the season leading right up to the draft. Make no mistake. He feels it. He knows he has to do something or risk real and rightful criticism about his custodianship of the franchise. This seems pretty clear to me.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I'm wondering if we're all enamored with the idea of DK, vs DK the actual player.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I want to clarify, though I advocated for striking while the morons were hot and trading DK mid-season to essentially an AFC West bidding-war, it was only because it was viable and we very much could have gotten 1st and two 3rds+. Now, DK is at the turning-point of his pro career, what will he do? I want him here as a leader, and I think he's about to be the next Shannon Sharpe at the WR position. The feisty annoyed big target who catches everything and hits you deep too.
I about made a comment about Shannon Sharpe and I'm glad I read it again.

Having said that, I wouldve been for trading him last year although I don't think he's hit his ceiling yet. At this point
I want him to stay and flourish under MacDonald & staff , if he doesn't progress, trade him during the season

Torc

Reaction score
Because his reputation is on the line now, for one. No more PC to hide behind. Drafting a QBOTF is going to be a near constant drumbeat throughout the season leading right up to the draft. Make no mistake. He feels it. He knows he has to do something or risk real and rightful criticism about his custodianship of the franchise. This seems pretty clear to me.
That depends entirely on how Geno and Howell do in Grubb's offense. Geno is under contract for two more years. So is Howell.

I don't doubt that drafting a QBoTF will be a constant drumbeat.....here on Seahawks.net. Most of the mock drafts for 2024 didn't expect the Seahawks to pick a QB in the first, apart from a couple of outliers that thought that the Grubb connection would be enough to get them to pick Penix. If Geno bombs and Howell doesn't pick up the offense either, then maybe the drumbeat will start.

Raifers

Reaction score
I would do it for at least a first next year and hopefully another the following. Why turn down a potential top 10 pick (or top 5) from a team that will be in year one with Russ? Most likely a top 5 if he gets his own room and stuff.

OP
OP
BGHawk

BGHawk

Reaction score
Happy to see that my post started some pretty cool discussion about this. I seen this draft as a QB draft with alot of teams getting some young guns. With that said, I'm curious how DK is utilized with our new coaching staff and want him to reach his max potential. This will set him up to be a huge bargaining chip for teams that lacking that big WR that they realize that they need. This could put us into a pretty special spot for getting what we need to build out our team for the longer haul.