Do you want the Seahawks to resign Jamal Adams? (Poll)

Do you want the Seahawks to resign Jamal Adams?

• Yes, of course. What a dumb question dude

Votes: 78 70.3%
  • Yes, but only because we gave up so much to get him here

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • I guess so. I don't care man.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Heck no. Let him walk. He can't cover and doesn't fit our scheme

Votes: 9 8.1%

• Total voters

xray

Reaction score
Nope. Too bad he's got the Hawk's hamstrung at this point .

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1ig8im7s said:
JayhawkMike":1ig8im7s said:
Maelstrom787":1ig8im7s said:
Jamal Adams has shown elite coverage skills in his career. He had an uncharacteristically bad year in that regard, but so did the entire defense.

So, what does he go and do when the coaches change up the defense?

He breaks the single season sack record from his spot without even playing all of the games, and having multiple serious injuries when he did play.

There are some red flags, but his outrageous talent is beyond contestation.

Maelstrom and I wouldn’t agree on the time of day but we agree on this.

Lol.
Well, if it means anything, you are both highly intelligent posters with a passion for the Seahawks and I respect the heck out of both of your opinions. If we all agreed on everything this would be a boring place

Highly intelligent?

Maybe Jay, but certainly not me. I'm just bumbling through life best I can. Unfortunately, that path led me to rooting for the eternally cardiac-straining Seahawks :lol:

nwHawk

Reaction score
Jamal Adams brought a voice and intensity to the defense. A sorely missing chip on the shoulder. Bobby is a hell of a player, but he's always been a bit quiet since coming into the league.

Adams wants to dominate the game, is vocal about getting guys to raise their game and is not afraid of any team. On Sundays, that's the type of guy I want on my team. Cower to no one. Is he perfect, nope, but passion, intelligence, physicality, skill and the desire to dominate will push him to the top every year. Let's not kill the cap, but he needs to be resigned.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This player has been a Pro Bowl player every season he’s been in the league.

He set a league sack record for safeties in a season where he played less than the whole year, He stuffed LA near the goal line to stop their drive when they needed to score. He sets a tone, is cocky, hits hard. He took down Newton near the goalie stopping that drive.p Simply he’s a difference maker and a special player who can be moved around as needed in the D. I can’t understand why anyone wouldn’t want him on their team.

Of course you re-sign this player even if you need to pay him.

I simply love his swagger as well.The cigar at the post game presser was a classic.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He literally brings something that this team has been missing for a few years. And people STILL want to complain about the guy, what they gave up, the upcoming deal and just pretty much anything Hawks front office related :?
The guy is a flat out game changer, period. You have to give up plenty to get a guy at his level.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Yeah, I am CERTAIN that Madden + Fantasy football has flat poisoned the minds of a large minority of NFL fans.
Just looking at it from a business standpoint alone, the type of personality that Jamal is is damn near enough to want him on your team. He's perfect for a Pete Carroll Seahawks locker room. Just the perfect mix of swaggy and confident TEAM player that will take a proverbial bullet for the bros, with a healthy dose of 'showboaty diva' (that shit puts butts in seats and eyes on screens, like it or not).
He's still young with a good 7+ years of Pro Bowl play in him.

Give him the bread. And just as, if not more importantly, keep him tf off of rival NFC west rosters for crying out loud! Imagine him and Aaron Donald staring down Russ! :shock:

The same people that want to let him walk out the door are the same ones entertaining the idea of trading our Hall of Fame QB while he's in his prime. :34853_doh:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Remove the "S" from resign, and you get REIGN!!

As in "Seattle Reign!"

This public service announcement brought to you by "The Amazing Letterman!"

Anybody remember him? Or am I the only "Oldster" in here?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Also, I think you have to look at how much the salary cap is going to jump year to the year the next several years. He's the next guy up, there will be someone making a lot more than him in a couple years. Can't fault the players for trying to get their payday. NO different than any of the top players in the league, this is the business. Kam, Sherm, Earl, Wags, Doug, Russ etc. They all got their $. Trying to get the big contract isn't something out of the ordinary.
I'm just glad that the fans are not running the team. They think you can just grab any QB and keep winning, or you don't to give up something to get a great player. I'm surprised someone hasn't complained that the team didn't get Aaron Donald for Tre Flowers and a 7th rounder :roll:

godawg

Reaction score
When Walter Jones would sit out training camp he would be home in Alabama hauling Cadillacs around.

People said we shouldn’t pay him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fade

Reaction score
godawg":31df482m said:
When Walter Jones sat out trading camp he was home in Alabama hauling CadillacS.

Can you post a link? I never heard any Hawks fan, or even local mediot say that. EVER.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
godawg":1nv7xvjr said:
When Walter Jones would sit out training camp he would be home in Alabama hauling Cadillacs around.

Those "people" sound silly

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Fade":1x6z0fxs said:
godawg":1x6z0fxs said:
When Walter Jones sat out trading camp he was home in Alabama hauling CadillacS.

Can you post a link? I never heard any Hawks fan, or even local mediot say that. EVER.

I clearly remember “people” saying he shouldn’t be paid, was a primadonna, needed to be traded, etc. it’s the same story over and over. Just insert the latest guy who wants to be paid more and if a hold out of sorts occurs there will be fans who don’t want them to be paid as much, call them primadonnas or think they should be shipped out. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3qgcty7f said:
Fade":3qgcty7f said:
godawg":3qgcty7f said:

I clearly remember “people” saying he shouldn’t be paid, was a primadonna, needed to be traded, etc. it’s the same story over and over. Just insert the latest guy who wants to be paid more and if a hold out of sorts occurs there will be fans who don’t want them to be paid as much, call them primadonnas or think they should be shipped out. Lather, rinse, repeat.

There was certainly a contingent of the media and fanbase that was annoyed with Jone's holdouts every year and not showing up to camp until he had to.

But I don't remember even ONE person on the radio or in the media saying we should trade him. Dude was hands down the best LT in the league his entire time here, no one was calling for his exit from Seattle.