Does 9-8 get us in?

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say we lose at KC. However, if somehow someway this team is able to get its shit together and win the last two at home, do you think we can still make the playoffs? That damn Giants WFT tie is what's making this hard to figure out. We would have held a tiebreaker against the Giants at least. I have this awful feeling we are going to miss out on the playoffs by a half a game. Giants play Philly in the final week, but Philly won't be playing for anything. Give me some hope.

cymatica

Reaction score
I wouldn't get your hopes up. This team would be lucky to get past the first round. They are just not a playoff caliber team.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Its over, its all for enjoyment and fun at this point.

Not to long ago the Hawks held the #3 spot in the NFC playoff picture, we peaked and fell off hard.

They can't win the big one every year I guess.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I personally don’t care about playoffs as we lack leverage in winning at this point. I am neutral if we make it or don’t as our talent in staff and players doesn’t let us compete with any playoff bound team. The same applies to every team in the wildcard except Dallas. If Detroit makes it instead of us, I will be happy for them the way they have been playing. Deserving teams first and we haven’t earned it on our own. If we had heated Vegas and 49ers, I would really be excited to see this team in the playoffs

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
This season has been a roller coaster of emotions. We started at "oh crap, we're going to suck," then we had the high of beating Russ in the opener. After that, we quickly came back down to earth. Then we went on a really nice run and we're thinking division title or at least wild card. But since that stretch, it's been a brutal crash landing. I'm hoping the roller coaster goes up again, one last time, but it's certainly looking bleak. And as disappointing as things have been lately, you still have the situation in Denver which makes it a little better. Just a weird friggin season!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think they lose every remaining game at this point. It was a real fun half season but it appears they are who we thought they were is coming true. Still exceeded expectations. Time to shutdown some starters and see what the rookie class and back ups can do. Its on to the draft.

cymatica

Reaction score
This season has been a roller coaster of emotions. We started at "oh crap, we're going to suck," then we had the high of beating Russ in the opener. After that, we quickly came back down to earth. Then we went on a really nice run and we're thinking division title or at least wild card. But since that stretch, it's been a brutal crash landing. I'm hoping the roller coaster goes up again, one last time, but it's certainly looking bleak. And as disappointing as things have been lately, you still have the situation in Denver which makes it a little better. Just a weird friggin season!
I think the rollercoaster broke down and needs maintenance

cymatica

Reaction score
I think they lose every remaining game at this point. It was a real fun half season but it appears they are who we thought they were is coming true. Still exceeded expectations. Time to shutdown some starters and see what the rookie class and back ups can do. Its on to the draft.
Defense was completely below expectations for me

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Defense was completely below expectations for me.
Yes and no..did anyone really expect Cody Barton to be good? Coming in it looked like our secondary was gonna be trash.. far from it. The d line outside of Nwosu imo is horrid. We need a couple linebackers desperately and more run stuffers...but a lot of this is also bad coaching from a def coordinator that is clearly over his head.

cymatica

Reaction score
Yes and no..did anyone really expect Cody Barton to be good? Coming in it looked like our secondary was gonna be trash.. far from it. The d line outside of Nwosu imo is horrid. We need a couple linebackers desperately and more run stuffers...but a lot of this is also bad coaching from a def coordinator that is clearly over his head.
I expected them to show some improvement with growing pains, instead of bend don't break maybe a little more aggression. Instead we got some of the worst defense I've ever seen

5thgen

Reaction score
I got my bowl win with Denver. Everything from this point is gravy, but I would rather move up the draft order. This team ain't going nowhere in the playoffs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I read this morning that our chances are still around 30-35% for the playoffs, IF we win 2 of the last 3.

That speaks more to how mediocre the NFC is this year.

But with the rash of bad injuries of late, and now Lockett's out? I honestly don't see this team and locker room rising up to win 2 of the last 3 games. MAYBE the Rams game cause they'll be packing it in even more than us, but Jets have as good of a defense as the Panthers, maybe better, and can run the ball.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
To answer the actual question there's a chance at 9-8. Need one loss out of the Lions to get them to 8 losses since we have the tiebreaker. But if the Lions win this weekend at NY they have a schedule that can run the table. Packers are at 8 losses but they play the Lions so one of these teams takes an L.
Eagles should lose to Washington on Sunday and the Vikings, but then have the Colts and a potential resting Eagles team to end the year. That stupid tie could give the Giants the edge.