Does Shaun Alexander deserve to be in the HOF?

CPHawk

Reaction score
I remeber one of these RB quiting on the team, and it wasn't the one being called soft.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
:Dunno:
RolandDeschain":3n7fee9b said:
Don't let your love for SA blind you to objective reasoning skills on this topic.
"Reasoning Skills"?, "Blind"??, LOLOL, same could be said about your disliking & disrespecting of SA's accomplishments.
Don't like him?, sounds like a personal preference gig to me, I mean, why get p*ssed when someone stands behind a former MVP caliber Seahawk? :Dunno:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
PNW":tiecdf8l said:
RolandDeschain":tiecdf8l said:
PNW":tiecdf8l said:
Tobeck was a pro bowl alternate once, the only HOF caliber players on the OL were #71 and #76, your comment is still exaggerated.
A Hall of Fame-worthy OL doesn't mean every single one of the five OL is deserving of the Hall of Fame. How many of the Cowboys 90s "Great Wall of Dallas" OL are in the Hall of Fame?

The Dallas Great Wall was overall a much better OL:
Mark Tuinei (2 pro bowls)
Erik Williams (4 pro bowl, 2 first team all pros)
Mark Stepnoski (5 pro bowls)
Kevin Gogan (3 pro bowls)
Nate Newton (6 pro bowls, 2 first team all pros)
John Gesek (Weakest link on that OL was good enough to outplay Kevin Gogan)

Tobeck, Gray and Locklear would have been backups if they even made the team.

It doesn't even matter if they're better. That Seahawks offensive line is still one of the best. Can you name 10 that are better?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
fenderbender123":8pqb5wsv said:
PNW":8pqb5wsv said:
RolandDeschain":8pqb5wsv said:
PNW":8pqb5wsv said:
Tobeck was a pro bowl alternate once, the only HOF caliber players on the OL were #71 and #76, your comment is still exaggerated.
A Hall of Fame-worthy OL doesn't mean every single one of the five OL is deserving of the Hall of Fame. How many of the Cowboys 90s "Great Wall of Dallas" OL are in the Hall of Fame?

It doesn't even matter if they're better. That Seahawks offensive line is still one of the best. Can you name 10 that are better?

Where is the Seahawks OL (from 2001-2005) on this list? Here are top 10 OLs in nfl history -
https://thegruelingtruth.com/top10/top-10-offensive-lines-nfl-history/

Looking at the list, it's a strong argument that while Seahawks had a great OL with Jones, Hutch, and gang...it wasn't top 10 of all time.

If SA was running behind, the aforementioned Cowboys OL, he probably would have ran for over 15,000 yards in his career. It's not a knock on the Seahawks OL that SA ran behind, it just that the Cowboy OL was legendary.

sdog1981

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1rz6clvy said:

Dolphins 72, Packers 66, 49ers 84, Dallas 77, Oakland 76, New England 2003, Denver 98, Rams 99, Houston 93, Pittsburg 78, Washington 91, Buffalo 91, Dallas 92

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
sdog1981":1li41qyp said:
fenderbender123":1li41qyp said:

Dolphins 72, Packers 66, 49ers 84, Dallas 77, Oakland 76, New England 2003, Denver 98, Rams 99, Houston 93, Pittsburg 78, Washington 91, Buffalo 91, Dallas 92
To add to this list mid 50’s Browns, late 80’s Oilers, mid 70’s Cardinals, mid 70’s Bills, late 90’s and early 2000’s Chiefs, late 80’s Bengals, 70’s and 80’s Rams.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
godawg":6ncncx93 said:
I can only imagine what Marshawn would have been able to accomplish running behind Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson.

Why exactly would Lynch be better? Alexander was quicker and had better vision.

W

Welshers

pittpnthrs":1qqcknzk said:
godawg":1qqcknzk said:
I can only imagine what Marshawn would have been able to accomplish running behind Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson.

Well, Lynch won a SB which has proven to be very important to Hall voters. He also had maybe the greatest run in NFL history. Fair or not, moments like that will stick in the minds of voters come vote time. Lynch was a dominant strong, physical runner. Very different from Sean Alexander. I'd like to see them both in the Hall, but I'm a homer of course. I've read quite a few pundits who think Lynch will be there in the end. I'd actually give him a better shot than Alexander because of the things I mentioned above.

My best guess?
They both get there eventually. It will take a while.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3l8yusst said:
PNW":3l8yusst said:
RolandDeschain":3l8yusst said:
PNW":3l8yusst said:

Pro Bowls are a huge popularity contest, nothing more. All Pro is a WAY more accurate measurement of ability compared to Pro Bowls. Plus, Texas is a huge and popular market; Seattle has been ignored due to being some small town in south Alaska. Since this is the main forum I will refrain from commenting on the intelligence of someone who weighs Pro Bowl counts to gauge ability. Let me also remind you that Packers center Jeff Saturday got voted to the Pro Bowl after losing his starting job for sucking: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/12/27 ... f-saturday

Don't let your love for SA blind you to objective reasoning skills on this topic.

You comment that you’re going to refrain from commenting on my intelligence as you insinuate about my intelligence because I have the AUDACITY to include 1st team all pros and pro bowls as a gauge for ability :yawn: .....you sounds pretty butt hurt. One day Shaun Alexander is going to put on that Gold Jacket, I guess you’ll cry yourself to sleep hahaha

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
The best seahawks running back ever. Dont care if he had a great oline. Terrell Davis did too. Davis was also was very limited in production because of concussion. Only really had two healthy years, but they won back to back bowls. Davis is a hall of Famer with less stats to back. Alexander is a no doubter.

sutz

Reaction score
My heart wants to say yes, but my head is saying it might never happen. We are playing in Egypt after all.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
PNW":34fkpd7q said:
You comment that you’re going to refrain from commenting on my intelligence as you insinuate about my intelligence because I have the AUDACITY to include 1st team all pros and pro bowls as a gauge for ability :yawn: .....you sounds pretty butt hurt. One day Shaun Alexander is going to put on that Gold Jacket, I guess you’ll cry yourself to sleep hahaha
You used Pro Bowls to justify your position while ignoring the fact that this amazing OMG best ever Dallas O-line had as many players getting All Pros as the Seahawks one did, and the only disparity for "awards" there is the number of players getting Pro Bowls. I pointed out that Pro Bowls are a significantly worse statistic to judge skill by than All Pros and even provided evidence for my assertion. This is what logical people do.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Davis also has 2 Super Bowl wins and 3 All Pros. And I don't think he deserved to be in it.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":tl7zaruo said:
PNW":tl7zaruo said:
You used Pro Bowls to justify your position while ignoring the fact that this amazing OMG best ever Dallas O-line had as many players getting All Pros as the Seahawks one did, and the only disparity for "awards" there is the number of players getting Pro Bowls. I pointed out that Pro Bowls are a significantly worse statistic to judge skill by than All Pros and even provided evidence for my assertion. This is what logical people do.
You’re supposedly logical, where did I say it was the best OMG O-Line ever? I just said it was better overall than 2001-2005 Seahawks O-Line, which other members proclaimed it to be the best OMG O-Line ever.

sdog1981

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2j896wtg said:
Davis also has 2 Super Bowl wins and 3 All Pros. And I don't think he deserved to be in it.

NFL MVP, Super Bowl MVP, 20 rushing TD season and a 2000 yard rushing season. He is a Hall of Fame player. He could have played for 15 more seasons rushing for 0 yards every year and still be a HOF running back, due to his 1996 to 1998 seasons.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Yes, but I don't think he gets in for awhile and more than likely it will be by the veteran's committee like Easley. As it stands, he is the only NFL player with 100+ TDs not in the HOF and as time goes by that will look all the more impressive.

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2m4288hh said:
godawg":2m4288hh said:

[youtube]BDOBejlx7Us[/youtube]

7 possible tackles broken, Shaun would not have even made it thru the line and would have went down.

These runs are what Lynch did, and that person that said Shaun would have had only an additional 200 yards in his career? How many yards was this run for extra yards, I call BS on that observation.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":c5gz00r8 said:
pittpnthrs":c5gz00r8 said:
godawg":c5gz00r8 said:

[youtube]BDOBejlx7Us[/youtube]

7 possible tackles broken, Shaun would not have even made it thru the line and would have went down.

These runs are what Lynch did, and that person that said Shaun would have had only an additional 200 yards in his career? How many yards was this run for extra yards, I call BS on that observation.

You are missing the point though. Lynch and Alexander are totally different runners. Lynch's MO was running through people and getting yards after contact. Alexander's MO was making people miss and flowing down the field and through lanes. Some people think that if Lynch had Alexanders Oline, Lynch would have put up much better numbers than Alexander and thats just not the case, Apples and oranges. Its the same as saying Lynch would have been better than Barry Sanders in Detroit. Its just not true. They were just different types of runners.

Latest posts