Doug Baldwin getting mad at fans

OreIdahawk

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1o9n9pz1 said:
What a baby. Waaaah... Poor Doug. Undrafted. Gets embraced by a city, and a fan DARES to ask him for an autograph in a PUBLIC PLACE?!! Oh the nerve.

Be glad somebody wants your autograph Dougy. 2 years you'll be out of the league and begging for somebody to notice you if you have the average NFL player's career. Enjoy it while it lasts rather than being a wiener about it.

Edited for attacking poster. Please do not direct comments at the poster but at his comments.

Do you know what its like to be hounded for an autograph while you are just chilling and eating lunch? No? Just because a semi famous person wants a little privacy every once in awhile doesn't make him a "wiener". Relax.

TwilightError

Reaction score
If I happened to be in the same hotel with the Hawks, I probably would go to talk to some of them and have my picture taken with them. If the response would be like Doug's here... Well I would consider him as something that is best described with a word which is not allowed on this board.

But we dont know if this really was just a 'lucky' fan, a stalker or a dealer with ten hats, so no judgement on anyone.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
He wasn't joking about bringing Angry Doug Baldwin back. I like it.

Jville

Reaction score
An Angry Doug Baldwin is good for the Seahawks
[urltargetblank]http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20130818/SPORTS/708189930[/urltargetblank]

kobebryant

Reaction score
Ideally you should always have all the time in the world for kids or special needs people seeking autographs or pictures.

Grown-ass men looking for an autograph or a picture from another grown man are pathetic. Male groupies can take a walk.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
OreIdahawk":227jrbh6 said:
SharkHawk":227jrbh6 said:
What a baby. Waaaah... Poor Doug. Undrafted. Gets embraced by a city, and a fan DARES to ask him for an autograph in a PUBLIC PLACE?!! Oh the nerve.

Be glad somebody wants your autograph Dougy. 2 years you'll be out of the league and begging for somebody to notice you if you have the average NFL player's career. Enjoy it while it lasts rather than being a wiener about it.

Do you know what its like to be hounded for an autograph while you are just chilling and eating lunch? No? Just because a semi famous person wants a little privacy every once in awhile doesn't make him a "wiener". Relax.

I always laugh when someone says, "your stupid" in response to someone. LOL

falcongoggles

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":ng6qilgm said:
OreIdahawk":ng6qilgm said:
SharkHawk":ng6qilgm said:

I always laugh when people don't read an entire sentence and then get defensive based on their poor reading comprehension.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I strongly disagree with you shark. I don't think you were there, so you couldn't know the details. From what I've seen of Doug, he is a giving person. I just don't see the kind of character flaws you are attributing to Doug.

For all you know, he could have been on his way to the team doctor, to work out, or to discuss aspects of the game plan with Russell. The players should not have to hide in their room to avoid what may or may not have been a fan. How many times did this guy approach Doug our other players? Maybe other players were complaining and Doug found it necessary to tweet out his message. The guy could have said "i follow you on twitter." So Doug sent him a message.

There's a lot we don't know so passing judgement based on a tweet is a little premature.

OP
OP
Hawkfan77

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Jville":1io18euw said:
Hawkfan77":1io18euw said:
"@DougBaldwinJr: If you come to the hotel and bother me for an autograph, I ain’t signing. Period."

Followed by:

"@DougBaldwinJr: How you find out where we stay on the road anyways…"

What is the motive behind composing this misleading post?

Why hang a harassing problem on a fan community?

Why paint Doug Baldwin as mad at fans?

Has the tweet been misrepresented?
What did I post that was misleading?

Jville

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2faycdqa said:
Jville":2faycdqa said:
Hawkfan77":2faycdqa said:
"@DougBaldwinJr: If you come to the hotel and bother me for an autograph, I ain’t signing. Period."

Followed by:

The post title. The quotes don't support the title of the post IMO. Although I may have fallen off of the wrong side of the bed this morning and bumped my head .... don't remember. LOL.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2r65eobr said:
Jville":2r65eobr said:
Hawkfan77":2r65eobr said:

Followed by:

Well, you did make it plural, "mad at fans" and to be sure, we don't know what happened, it might not have even been a fan, and the guy may have been obnoxious. Could have been Hare Krishna for all we know, and that would piss me off, fan or no. :D

Your title attribute a situation and demeanor about Doug when we don't have the facts. You rendered an opinion on your title with no facts to back it up. Just your initial impression.

The Radish

Reaction score
SharkHawk":deghqofq said:
He can use room service and then not worry about being recognized and "harrassed". I am sure they are staying at a place that will bring a meal to him. Or he can go sit in a conference room and talk to guys and have them smuggle him out in a laundry cart and up the freight elevator to his room so nobody "bothers" him as he is moving from place to place "preparing".

I once saw Tim Raines refuse to sign autographs and he said, "Sorry, I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the one time I get asked to pinch-hit this week" and then started cracking up. Everybody laughed, and left him alone. He INTERACTED POSITIVELY and still got out of signing for everybody. Not that hard. Doug could have done the same.

Steve Martin carries a big stack of business cards he had made that say something to the effect of "I met Steve Martin today and it was an amazing and enlightening experience" and then he autographs them. If somebody hounds him, he hands them a card and laughs and goes about his business.

There are better ways to fight this fight than Dougy is doing. If Steve Martin can handle the fans, I am sure a guy playing as a backup WR for the Seahawks can handle the "hordes".

I can tell you that John Wayne did the same thing with the business cards because my wife has one. We were in Seattle on Seafair Weekend and went out to Shilsole Bay Marina to show friends with us where John Wayne parked his yacht the Wild Goose.

As we got to the dock overlooking the Marina who comes walking up the stairs but the Duke himself with several other people. We said hello, he stopped for just a few seconds to be polite, gave the wife and my buddys wife one of those cards. Said excuse me I have a car waiting, walked to a waiting limo and was gone.

We were delighted and loved him even more for the way he handled it. We hadn't asked for him to stop or for an autograph, just wanted to say hello as he went by and see our life sized hero in the flesh.

:les:

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Why is Doug Baldwin well-spoken on camera and yet his writing skills revert to those of a third grader on twitter?

As to how someone "found" the hotel, it's 2013. I'm more amazed that these guys think they can keep secret their location than the fact that someone found them.

Jville

Reaction score
falcongoggles":283ey4mq said:
Why is Doug Baldwin well-spoken on camera and yet his writing skills revert to those of a third grader on twitter?

As to how someone "found" the hotel, it's 2013. I'm more amazed that these guys think they can keep secret their location than the fact that someone found them.

I think the answer lies within your question.

Once upon a time .... the average American read and wrote at a 7th to 8th grade level ..... but dat wer prior da twitter.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":1gum4umg said:
HawkFan72":1gum4umg said:
Don't worry, Doug. If I saw the Seahawks out at lunch, you wouldn't be the first person I walk up to for an autograph on that team. You wouldn't even be top 10.

Stupid response. Fans going to the team hotel to hound the players for autographs the day before the game deserve to get blasted.

Fan entitlement gets way outta hand all the time. Players don't owe autographs and pictures every damn place they go in public. Certainly not at the team hotel.

I agree the players deserve to be left alone. Did I say they didn't?

I've been in a hotel with all the players before. I didn't ask anyone for an autograph. I think they deserve some time to relax.

Just saying Doug Baldwin wouldn't be the first person I would walk up to if I wanted an autograph.

You can unbunch your panties.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Jville":2mr1xujn said:
falcongoggles":2mr1xujn said:

I think the answer lies within your question.

Once upon a time .... the average American read and wrote at a 7th to 8th grade level ..... but dat wer prior da twitter.

Twitter doesn't allow people that are well spoken to be well written. Just the way it is. Check out Sherm's articles on MMQBand compare them to tweets. It ain't be they fault.

kearly

Reaction score
I would be a tiny bit nicer about it, but I agree with Baldwin 100%. I never ask for autographs and if I did, I'd do it during a signing event. We aren't entitled to autographs, but NFL players are entitled to a degree of privacy. Lets respect that. Players shouldn't have to even ask for it, IMO, but some people are more brazen than others.

I'm sure when Baldwin is washed up many years from now and his NFL career is over, he won't regret all those autographs he could have signed but didn't.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Like I said, he needs to not put his emotions out on Twitter. Makes him look immature.

Bruce Irvin does this as well

Siihawk

Reaction score
I think it was a pretty harlmess tweet. I saw it when it came up and I agree. Getting an autograph is one thing but following people around and getting all in their stuff can be annoying. Same reason I hate all the celeb photogs.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ban tweeting during the season and problem solved since so many athletes seem to forget once sent always out there and emotional tweets seem to get more players in trouble then anything. Yeah you lose inside information and contacts but we survived a long time before Twitter gave us access I think we could survive again.