Doug Baldwin getting mad at fans

ivotuk

Reaction score
MrCarey":1w080vkd said:
Jville":1w080vkd said:
falcongoggles":1w080vkd said:
Why is Doug Baldwin well-spoken on camera and yet his writing skills revert to those of a third grader on twitter?

As to how someone "found" the hotel, it's 2013. I'm more amazed that these guys think they can keep secret their location than the fact that someone found them.

I think the answer lies within your question.

Once upon a time .... the average American read and wrote at a 7th to 8th grade level ..... but dat wer prior da twitter.

Twitter doesn't allow people that are well spoken to be well written. Just the way it is. Check out Sherm's articles on MMQBand compare them to tweets. It ain't be they fault.

LOL! That was good. :D ebonics strikes again! "They be a hole in my suit!" From an old comedy skit portraying ebonics as an airborne disease.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
ivotuk":3i7crqwu said:
MrCarey":3i7crqwu said:
Jville":3i7crqwu said:
falcongoggles said:
Why is Doug Baldwin well-spoken on camera and yet his writing skills revert to those of a third grader on twitter?

As to how someone "found" the hotel, it's 2013. I'm more amazed that these guys think they can keep secret their location than the fact that someone found them.

Once upon a time .... the average American read and wrote at a 7th to 8th grade level ..... but dat wer prior da twitter.

Twitter doesn't allow people that are well spoken to be well written. Just the way it is. Check out Sherm's articles on MMQBand compare them to tweets. It ain't be they fault.

LOL! That was good. :D ebonics strikes again! "They be a hole in my suit!" From an old comedy skit portraying ebonics as an airborne disease.
The character limit has a little to do with it. I've had to slang my posts up to make em fit

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SharkHawk":357hcv60 said:
What a baby. Waaaah... Poor Doug. Undrafted. Gets embraced by a city, and a fan DARES to ask him for an autograph in a PUBLIC PLACE?!! Oh the nerve.

Be glad somebody wants your autograph Dougy. 2 years you'll be out of the league and begging for somebody to notice you if you have the average NFL player's career. Enjoy it while it lasts rather than being a wiener about it.

Way to judge people :141847_bnono:

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Twitter is odd as hell for me. People such as Doug "appear" to be offended because their privacy has been invaded. However, they hang themselves out there for all the world to see by posting things. They want their privacy, but want more followers. They think it is strange that people want to actually meet them in person, but yet are willing to let people know their most personal or mundane thoughts. Some of my most fond memories are of the players my daughter and I have met over the years. Getting autographs for with them has been amazing, and I wouldn't sell any of them, cause each one is a memorie of time shared with them and a Seahawk.

minormillikin

Reaction score
If Doug has a crappy year, he's going to look back fondly at the days when people stalked him for his autograph.

In other news: Clint Gresham, man of the people, has actually set up an autograph booth outside of his hotel room.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3iwhit0b said:
SharkHawk":3iwhit0b said:
What a baby. Waaaah... Poor Doug. Undrafted. Gets embraced by a city, and a fan DARES to ask him for an autograph in a PUBLIC PLACE?!! Oh the nerve.

Be glad somebody wants your autograph Dougy. 2 years you'll be out of the league and begging for somebody to notice you if you have the average NFL player's career. Enjoy it while it lasts rather than being a wiener about it.

Judgement? No. Stating that the average career if 5 years is a FACT. I CALLED HIM a wiener, because he was being one. Again, not a judgement. Just an opinion on his reaction. As far as begging for autographs... I know a ton of former professional athletes and they love it when they get noticed now that their careers are over, and many say exactly what I say... that it's hard to come down from the high of being a pro and realize you're just like everybody else. They say it all the time. I'm stating that it's a fact for them that life becomes exponentially more difficult when nobody screams when they enter a room and there is no crowd roaring when they mow the lawn, drop their kids off at school, or go pick up milk at Safeway.

So yeah.... save your sanctimonious bs for somebody else. I've read enough of it to last five lifetimes and frankly it's just boring. Feel free to ignore me. You'd be doing us both a favor. Adieu.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Smellyman":1nza9hnw said:
gettings somebodys signature has always been the dumbest thing I have heard of.

never bothered

This. I've never bothered either. Having a quick conversation with a celebrity would be much more meaningful to me...even if it was just "Hey how's it going?".

Never could figure out the fascination....OMG GUESS WHO'S RESPONSIBLE FOR MOVING THE PEN THAT MADE THESE LINES? It just seems abstract and weird...and what makes it worse is how much fans try so hard to get those autographs...shoving people...bothering them at motels...holding out a pen and paper and jiggling it hoping to draw attention. It's like people get so obsessed about getting an autograph that they forget everything they learned about basic respect for other human beings.

I don't have an issue with what Baldwin was saying. He's letting the public know that this is where he stands when he's staying at a motel. He's not being rude or disrespectful, just telling it like it is. Respect the guy's space.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Smellyman":2fii3rko said:

never bothered

This. I've never bothered either. Having a quick conversation with a celebrity would be much more meaningful to me...even if it was just "Hey how's it going?".

Never could figure out the fascination....OMG GUESS WHO'S RESPONSIBLE FOR MOVING THE PEN THAT MADE THESE LINES? It just seems abstract and weird...and what makes it worse is how much fans try so hard to get those autographs...shoving people...bothering them at motels...holding out a pen and paper and jiggling it hoping to draw attention. It's like people get so obsessed about getting an autograph that they forget everything they learned about basic respect for other human beings.

I don't have an issue with what Baldwin was saying. He's letting the public know that this is where he stands when he's staying at a motel. He's not being rude or disrespectful, just telling it like it is. Respect the guy's space.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2i073g2j said:
T-Sizzle":2i073g2j said:
SharkHawk":2i073g2j said:

Judgement? No. Stating that the average career if 5 years is a FACT. I CALLED HIM a wiener, because he was being one. Again, not a judgement. Just an opinion on his reaction. As far as begging for autographs... I know a ton of former professional athletes and they love it when they get noticed now that their careers are over, and many say exactly what I say... that it's hard to come down from the high of being a pro and realize you're just like everybody else. They say it all the time. I'm stating that it's a fact for them that life becomes exponentially more difficult when nobody screams when they enter a room and there is no crowd roaring when they mow the lawn, drop their kids off at school, or go pick up milk at Safeway.

So yeah.... save your sanctimonious bs for somebody else. I've read enough of it to last five lifetimes and frankly it's just boring. Feel free to ignore me. You'd be doing us both a favor. Adieu.

:curious: :curious: :229031_confused2: :229031_confused2:

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
tacomahawk":1orwe481 said:
Twitter is odd as hell for me. People such as Doug "appear" to be offended because their privacy has been invaded. However, they hang themselves out there for all the world to see by posting things.

Yes, they put themselves out there with twitter, and I'm sure it's fine if you hit them back up on the internet and there wouldn't be a problem. But there's obviously a difference between chatting through twitter and stalking someone in real life. The person just took it to a whole new level that is definitely not necessary(to stalk someone). It's not just that he was stalked, from what Doug said, "Na, these ‘fans’ trying to sell a product. Don’t get it twisted." He's not tripping so much for the autograph as the fact that he was stalked and they're only trying to get the name on the merchandise to resell.

Basically, they put themselves out there so you can talk back to them on twitter, but when you stalk them, that's just on a whole new level that's scary in which their privacy needs to be respected.

MrCarey

Reaction score
ivotuk":zzven5jn said:
MrCarey":zzven5jn said:
Jville":zzven5jn said:
falcongoggles said:

Heheheheh, I was hoping that'd get a laugh.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
ivotuk":wpwuhiqv said:
All the opinions on here yet nobody knows the full story. The hotels they stay at are supposed to be secret so that they can prepare for the game and study their game plan. Someone who finds out where that hotel is and interrupts what is going on may or may not be there by happenstance. What if it's a Panther fan just trying to start some crap?

What has Doug done in the past to make anyone think that he is a whiner? He has spent a lot of time giving back to the community, give him the benefit of the doubt for crying out loud.

The way I look at it this, I want my Seahawks to win, and a someone NOT associated with my team in the hotel bothering players, bothers me. Who else has this guy bothered? Just because Baldwin is the only one that responded doesn't mean he's the only one who has been approached.

There is a time and place for autographs, the team hotel, before a very important game is NOT the place!

:13:

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Smellyman":udwbmjrm said:

never bothered

No shhhhhh@$;

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Seriously guys? Who has a sports jersey with another persons name and number on it? It's dumb. </sarcasm>

Doug signed more for people at the softball game and training camp than almost anyone else. He was talking to people and being a good guy. If I'm mid-work, I appreciate not being distracted.

It probably was some dude with 20 hats and balls.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I love all the hating on autographs. What's the damn harm?

Man...some of you guys are wound way too tight.

If getting an autograph is such a crime, why stop there? Why bother having any Seahawks items or anything that supports the team or a player?

Lighten up.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1mg9p81j said:
If getting an autograph is such a crime, why stop there? Why bother having any items or anything that supports the team or a player?

I just burned them all. Thanks.

Burningrayallenjersey 34t4j7c

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":17f9qfpu said:

If getting an autograph is such a crime, why stop there? Why bother having any Seahawks items or anything that supports the team or a player?

Lighten up.

Yeh but Greg do you really get a thrill out of having a grown mans signature? the only reason I would want it is if it had value. As a fan looking at his signature has ZERO value to me.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2ymj4jms said:
FlyingGreg":2ymj4jms said:

Lighten up.

Yeh but Greg do you really get a thrill out of having a grown mans signature? the only reason I would want it is if it had value. As a fan looking at his signature has ZERO value to me.

Nope, not really...the only thing I've cared to get autographs on is a customized Seahawks jersey a former Commanding Officer gave me as a gift, so it has sentimental value. He sent it to the Hawks and had players sign it. I've continued that tradition the last few years in camp.

But I would never ask for someone's autograph in "public" - out at a restaurant, in a hotel, etc. I sat next to Ted Danson on a flight once and it didn't even cross my mind...it was cool just to talk to him. Just me. However, my point is I understand those that are in to that kind of thing and I don't think it's worth cracking on them about.

chris98251

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":5h7q6cly said:
Tech Worlds":5h7q6cly said:
FlyingGreg":5h7q6cly said:

Lighten up.

Nope, not really...the only thing I've cared to get autographs on is a customized Seahawks jersey a former Commanding Officer gave me as a gift, so it has sentimental value. He sent it to the Hawks and had players sign it. I've continued that tradition the last few years in camp.

But I would never ask for someone's autograph in "public" - out at a restaurant, in a hotel, etc. I sat next to Ted Danson on a flight once and it didn't even cross my mind...it was cool just to talk to him. Just me. However, my point is I understand those that are in to that kind of thing and I don't think it's worth cracking on them about.

So as a pilot you would not have a problem with a guy coming in a pre flight meeting and wanting you to sign 10 pictures hats and want to chat for as long as he could?