Gabe Jackson traded to Hawks

renofox

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":bjst28qk said:
renofox":bjst28qk said:
Another genius move.

The Seahawks have drafted 1 good OL out of 50 tries. Lewis is the only young OL who has showed promise, and he plays RG.

Why do the Seahawks then give up one of their few draft picks on a mediocre RG (PFF 60's) with a salary of $9.6M due this year.

One less draft pick and now not even enough remaining cap to sign the few draft picks they have. No decent RB, no decent DE, no decent hole filling anywhere.

But at least they picked up a RG so now they have an extra one if they need it, or they can move the one young and promising OL they do have around until they find a position where he may be mediocre.

I thought that I would never see an offseason as bad as last years when they blew through $50M and got basically nothing to show for it. They appear to be rising to the challenge and may have the worst offseason in NFL history this year.
According to PFF he also gave up zero sacks. I imagine we're probably going to slot Jackson in as our LG.

Of course. Move a 60's (PFF rated) RG to LG and maybe he can at least stay in the 50's. That's definitely worth $10M and a draft pick. VALUE!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
renofox":23581cf1 said:
Spin Doctor":23581cf1 said:
renofox":23581cf1 said:
Another genius move.

The Seahawks have drafted 1 good OL out of 50 tries. Lewis is the only young OL who has showed promise, and he plays RG.

Why do the Seahawks then give up one of their few draft picks on a mediocre RG (PFF 60's) with a salary of $9.6M due this year.

One less draft pick and now not even enough remaining cap to sign the few draft picks they have. No decent RB, no decent DE, no decent hole filling anywhere.

But at least they picked up a RG so now they have an extra one if they need it, or they can move the one young and promising OL they do have around until they find a position where he may be mediocre.

I thought that I would never see an offseason as bad as last years when they blew through $50M and got basically nothing to show for it. They appear to be rising to the challenge and may have the worst offseason in NFL history this year.
According to PFF he also gave up zero sacks. I imagine we're probably going to slot Jackson in as our LG.

Of course. Move a 60's (PFF rated) RG to LG and maybe he can at least stay in the 50's. That's definitely worth $10M and a draft pick. VALUE!
PFF isn't necessarily an end all be all authority on how good a player actually is. They have some questionable things on there at times.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Wow. As it stands now, the Hawks have a solid pair of guards and decent depth at guard with Haynes and Jones.

I'd rather they don't switch Lewis to center. He is a right guard that excels in the run game. He still has a ways to go with pass protection. I cant imagine a switch helps him there.

Isn't Pocic a free agent?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
renofox":2pnr9atw said:
Another genius move.

I thought that I would never see an offseason as bad as last years when they blew through $50M and got basically nothing to show for it.
They appear to be rising to the challenge and may have the worst offseason in NFL history this year.

Yeah because 1 day of free agency means the whole season. Might as well start looking to the 2022 draft. :roll:

John63

Reaction score
nanomoz":2ctb8e75 said:
Wow. As it stands now, the Hawks have a solid pair of guards and decent depth at guard with Haynes and Jones.

I'd rather they don't switch Lewis to center. He is a right guard that excels in the run game. He still has a ways to go with pass protection. I cant imagine a switch helps him there.

Yes Pocic is a Fa and as much as some want to say he did not play that bad, its not true a lot of pressure came straight up the middle as he is not big enough to hold off a bull rush. Some are complaingn tthe new guy is only in the 60s guess what Pcoci was 62.4

INf act

Pocic 62.4
Iupati 67.8
Shell 63.6
Lewis 70.2
Brown well over 80
Gabe 63.7

So basically the new guy is right in line with our past guards and centers. The difference is at least at one point he graded at 73.3 in 2018. Unlike most of our guys outside of Brown and Lewis who have never sniffed the 70s.

Key is guys he played the whole season, had only 3 penalties, and zero sacks already an upgrade adan that was with the raiders and you know who as is oline coach

renofox

Reaction score
John63":1avci630 said:
So basically the new guy is right in line with our past guards and centers.

Agreed. 25% of our draft picks and $10M/yr (60% of the remaining cap) for someone who'll fit right in on a bottom-dwelling line. That is the problem.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
renofox":y410xcl2 said:
John63":y410xcl2 said:

Agreed. 25% of our draft picks and $10M/yr (60% of the remaining cap) for someone who'll fit right in on a bottom-dwelling line. That is the problem.
Gabe Jackson is actually known for being a good pass blocker and mediocre run blocker. He was also playing injured last season. He's different than the normal O-Lineman we go after.

getnasty

Reaction score
John63":1fk1yg1c said:
nanomoz":1fk1yg1c said:

Yes Pocic is a Fa and as much as some want to say he did not play that bad, its not true a lot of pressure came straight up the middle as he is not big enough to hold off a bull rush. Some are complaingn tthe new guy is only in the 60s guess what Pcoci was 62.4

INf act

Pocic 62.4
Iupati 67.8
Shell 63.6
Lewis 70.2
Brown well over 80
Gabe 63.7

So basically the new guy is right in line with our past guards and centers. The difference is at least at one point he graded at 73.3 in 2018. Unlike most of our guys outside of Brown and Lewis who have never sniffed the 70s.

Key is guys he played the whole season, had only 3 penalties, and zero sacks already an upgrade adan that was with the raiders and you know who as is oline coach

and here come the excuses

John63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":14f2r6b9 said:
renofox":14f2r6b9 said:
John63":14f2r6b9 said:

Gabe Jackson is actually known for being a good pass blocker and mediocre run blocker. He was also playing injured last season. He's different than the normal O-Lineman we go after.

I agree and think he could be better in a lot of ways.

John63

Reaction score
getnasty":3dzmpgou said:
John63":3dzmpgou said:
nanomoz":3dzmpgou said:

INf act

Pocic 62.4
Iupati 67.8
Shell 63.6
Lewis 70.2
Brown well over 80
Gabe 63.7

and here come the excuses

Excuses for what?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
renofox":1qvtxgat said:
Spin Doctor":1qvtxgat said:
renofox":1qvtxgat said:
Another genius move.

If you're going to over-rely on PFF grades to form your entire opinion of a player, you should at least consider them in context.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Zenon_Pereira11/status/1372354286798127111[/tweet]

Gabe has always been a premier starting guard in the league... and those first two seasons, with his best pass protection ranks? They were on the left.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2l3xpmvh said:
renofox":2l3xpmvh said:
Spin Doctor":2l3xpmvh said:
renofox":2l3xpmvh said:
Another genius move.

If you're going to over-rely on PFF grades to form your entire opinion of a player, you should at least consider them in context.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Zenon_Pereira11/status/1372354286798127111[/tweet]

Gabe has always been a premier starting guard in the league... and those first two seasons, with his best pass protection ranks? They were on the left.

Hahaha! Nice find.

Big Ray Roberts will love this because we "have a Guard playing the position of Guard!"

From what I've read, and listening to Jake Heaps and Dave Wyman, Pocic played well the first half of the season, then fell off. They attribute some of that too Iupati making mistakes, a possible injury, and fatigue. (Oh, and Aron Donald).

I think Pocic has potential, but he struggles with leverage in close quarters.

But, there are some good Centers out there, and more cuts are coming as teams sign new players while trying to stay under the cap.

I'm getting enthused about this new OLine because it will have players at the positions they know! What a concept!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Considering he’s played LG before I figure the Hawks will move him here. Isn’t the Rams’ centre from last year an FA? You’d think if Waldron liked him at all we would take a run at him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For some here acquiring a proven NFL OG for a 5th round pick is not enough The team needs to figure a way to sign every top tier OLineman. However then there would be complaints about the reality that the acquired player(s) were older or too expensive. In short nothing the FO does in their view is right. That negative view is wrong here.

Jackson is a solid player who may play RG with the younger Lewis moving to C or to LG. Lewis played C this last season in one game when the team had their annual injury problems with Pocic or the other backups at C. I like the idea of taking this strong young player and making him a C or a LG. He'll be strong at whatever job he has. He's a natural OLineman and will play well in whatever interior OL position they put him.

There are also quite a few good young OLinemen in this draft and several who could be plug and play LGs or even Cs. To me this is a great trade. The OLine was improved today. Isn't that a step in the right direction?

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Hell yeah. That's one. Get david Andrew's now and look at corners left. He will play lg. No way they move Lewis.

It's literally the same position just opposite first steps and opposite directional blocking. Something a vet guard can handle.

KillerB

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3u39mw5g said:
Hell yeah. That's one. Get david Andrew's now and look at corners left. He will play lg. No way they move Lewis.

It's literally the same position just opposite first steps and opposite directional blocking. Something a vet guard can handle.

Correct - he will play left guard. Jackson played his entire college career at LG, and first two seasons in the NFL. There is no reason to screw around with moving Lewis from the right side.

chris98251

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":10vzaest said:

So how often do you switch hands jerking off, it's the same just reverse right?

Like having another partner.

Some players can do it and some can't, just like CB's playing Left and Right side, steps are different turns are different, some of them can't play both sides.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I really know nothing about Gabe Jackson, but I pray they dont have him stepping into the RG position and move Lewis to center. Pocic is a FA right? Surely they are going to let him walk right?