Gabe Jackson traded to Hawks

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Jville":2zxyru44 said:
AgentDib":2zxyru44 said:
He doesn't look like a Solari guy at all so this sounds like the new OC and run game coordinator have been influencing roster development (as they should). I could see him slotting in at LG and our switch to an outside zone rushing scheme limiting his liability as a run blocker.

He's been very durable over the years but that leads to the concern that they may have overvalued his track record in the same way that they did Penny's health coming out of college. Past health doesn't seem to correlate very well with future health, and so prioritizing past health seems like a mistake.

Losing a 5th round pick isn't that big of a deal either, but this is a player who's valuation was already slightly below his cap hit. It feels like we should be able to find those type of players in free agency without needing to trade for them, unless there is some kind of stigma about playing OL here in Seattle that is making it difficult to recruit UFAs.

I have thought for a number of years that many linemen view other destinations as a more attractive fit. I think Seattle's situation is similar to what Minnesota went thru back in the Fran Tarkenton days. For an expanded perspective, it might be useful and convenient to keep an eye on the Arizona Cardinal offensive line now that they are building around Kyler Murray. It's unfortunate that it has proven to be virtually impossible to discuss such a subject on this forum with all the reactionary noise that attacks such a subject.

I never thought about Oline, not wanting to play w/ Russ. That's an interesting thought.

I don't think it really plays out though, simply because we don't spend big in FA. Never have, never will. In fact, successful teams DONT. Go back throughout the years and look at the biggest FA's and the biggest spenders. It hardly ever works out.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2qcecv3e said:
I like the trade, but when they could have had Zeitler for three years and 23M without having to give up a draft pick, and are now paying Jackson 9M?

So this trade only makes sense to me if they re-do Jackson's contract to free up some cap.
You're assuming that Zeitler WANTED to come here... To say "they could have had Zeitler..." is a BIG leap.

It takes two to tango and I read that the Seahawks were in contact, but he went elsewhere. Just because someone is available, doesn't mean you are the team they want to sign with. They got a player that they had a chance at getting, and he's a stud. Be happy about making our team better...good Lord.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RockinHawks":2g8fs7nm said:
Sgt. Largent":2g8fs7nm said:
I like the trade, but when they could have had Zeitler for three years and 23M without having to give up a draft pick, and are now paying Jackson 9M?

So this trade only makes sense to me if they re-do Jackson's contract to free up some cap.
You're assuming that Zeitler WANTED to come here... To say "they could have had Zeitler..." is a BIG leap.

It takes two to tango and I read that the Seahawks were in contact, but he went elsewhere. Just because someone is available, doesn't mean you are the team they want to sign with. They got a player that they had a chance at getting, and he's a stud. Be happy about making our team better...good Lord.

For sure, and I think he said he wanted to stay in the north east.

That's why I said 23M, which is 500k more than he signed for. So yes, we probably would have had to give him extra money. We also probably balked at the 3rd year.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1811btzx said:
Lewis played well at C the one game he played there last season.

I was thinking the same about Lewis at Center and getting Jackson is good news we needed help on the O-line . This is the first real evidence that the FO is trying to mend the relationship. Maybe they can repair the damage done and we can have a season without a cloud over it and this trade talk can be shut down .

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Count me as someone who also would not be opposed to Lewis at center. His performance there with just a shortened week of practice at the spot was eye-opening, to say the least. While he's promising at guard, that was a special display from him at center, and I'd be excited to see him try out the role.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1gy3087v said:
Count me as someone who also would not be opposed to Lewis at center. His performance there with just a shortened week of practice at the spot was eye-opening, to say the least. While he's promising at guard, that was a special display from him at center, and I'd be excited to see him try out the role.

Agreed, I think him at center would be a huge move.

chris98251

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":mtl1l22g said:
chris98251":mtl1l22g said:
jamescasey1124":mtl1l22g said:
chris98251":mtl1l22g said:
So how often do you switch hands jerking off, it's the same just reverse right?

Like having another partner.

Some players can do it and some can't, just like CB's playing Left and Right side, steps are different turns are different, some of them can't play both sides.

Yup cuz being ambidextrous yanking your willy is the same as playing left vs right guard in the nfl.

Horrible analogy.

Think guards who cant play both guard positions. They dont last. You either prove you worth or dont. The ones that cant...bye. football is a game. Not engineering or any form of advanced education. Dont make it harder than it really is.

Only when you play for Pete, how much football have you watched, Madden is a year round game I know, but there are other teams out there and don't believe in flip flop lines, and there was football before the Seahawks Franchise.

I know Hutch was playing all the line positions or he would have been cut right?

Every smart guy in here has this response "this isnt madden", or "you play to much madden". Wrong dude. I have sunday ticket and game pass. I watch more than the seahawks. Pretty much every sunday watch the Bill's too. Then flip in between games when I want. You need to watch more football. Coming from someone who played sports my whole youth...its not hard to move from guard to guard. You obviously didnt play much or at all when you were younger. You would think if the seahawks trade for a position they already have that means movement is coming. Jackson is capable of playing both. Stop complicating things like you've strapped up and took snaps.

Nah, I played CB and Safety on defense and WR on Offense, also coached, I don't need someone to draw lines on a screen to tell me what to think.

Played Short Stop and Second base in baseball and was a shooting Guard in Basketball, I played year round buddy.

Swing and a miss once again.

Oh and I also coached.

Care to swing again, your at a full count?

John63

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":5o4prg8v said:
chris98251":5o4prg8v said:
jamescasey1124":5o4prg8v said:
chris98251":5o4prg8v said:
So how often do you switch hands jerking off, it's the same just reverse right?

Like having another partner.

Some players can do it and some can't, just like CB's playing Left and Right side, steps are different turns are different, some of them can't play both sides.

Yup cuz being ambidextrous yanking your willy is the same as playing left vs right guard in the nfl.

Horrible analogy.

Think guards who cant play both guard positions. They dont last. You either prove you worth or dont. The ones that cant...bye. football is a game. Not engineering or any form of advanced education. Dont make it harder than it really is.

Only when you play for Pete, how much football have you watched, Madden is a year round game I know, but there are other teams out there and don't believe in flip flop lines, and there was football before the Seahawks Franchise.

I know Hutch was playing all the line positions or he would have been cut right?

Ahh actually I have played, coached adn ref FB for over 50 years adn at the High School level you are correct but at College and Pro there is a huge difference one side to the other.

FYi Hutch only played LG his entire career in the NFL

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HutcSt00.htm#all_snap_counts
Every smart guy in here has this response "this isnt madden", or "you play to much madden". Wrong dude. I have sunday ticket and game pass. I watch more than the seahawks. Pretty much every sunday watch the Bill's too. Then flip in between games when I want. You need to watch more football. Coming from someone who played sports my whole youth...its not hard to move from guard to guard. You obviously didnt play much or at all when you were younger. You would think if the seahawks trade for a position they already have that means movement is coming. Jackson is capable of playing both. Stop complicating things like you've strapped up and took snaps.

Jville

Reaction score
Returning to the topic ..........................

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SamuelRGold/status/1372370230383628292[/tweet]

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Jville":34lbh4bo said:
Returning to the topic ..........................

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SamuelRGold/status/1372370230383628292[/tweet]

He's never not been a Top-20 pass blocker in his whole career. He's the real deal. His experience under Cable will help solely because of those aforementioned zone philosophies. Some people think he's a mauler, I personally see his strength as pass blocking rather than run blocking - but he's adept at both.

Some people will point to his PFF metrics being in the yellow, but most guards are - he stacks up quite well and is about as good as you can get without sinking 15+ mil per.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
chris98251":2a4flhdy said:
jamescasey1124":2a4flhdy said:
chris98251":2a4flhdy said:
jamescasey1124":2a4flhdy said:

Horrible analogy.

Nah, I played CB and Safety on defense and WR on Offense, also coached, I don't need someone to draw lines on a screen to tell me what to think.

Played Short Stop and Second base in baseball and was a shooting Guard in Basketball, I played year round buddy.

Swing and a miss once again.

Oh and I also coached.

Care to swing again, your at a full count?

Swing and miss really? Ok. From the guy talking about beating off with both hands.

When gabe jackson is playing left guard starting the season...you wanna revisit and say you were wrong?

Anyway...john63...
Nobody was talking about hutch. No shit he played left guard. Vikings and hawks. Like I dont know. To bad he could have played rg easy. And the fact you two bring that up is silly. Knowing dam well he could have played anywhere on the line and been all pro level.