Gabe Jackson traded to Hawks

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
chris98251":gwoq99z9 said:
jamescasey1124":gwoq99z9 said:
Hell yeah. That's one. Get david Andrew's now and look at corners left. He will play lg. No way they move Lewis.

It's literally the same position just opposite first steps and opposite directional blocking. Something a vet guard can handle.

So how often do you switch hands jerking off, it's the same just reverse right?

Like having another partner.

Some players can do it and some can't, just like CB's playing Left and Right side, steps are different turns are different, some of them can't play both sides.

Yup cuz being ambidextrous yanking your willy is the same as playing left vs right guard in the nfl.

Horrible analogy.

Think guards who cant play both guard positions. They dont last. You either prove you worth or dont. The ones that cant...bye. football is a game. Not engineering or any form of advanced education. Dont make it harder than it really is.

Own The West

Reaction score
chris98251":gyxfc77m said:
jamescasey1124":gyxfc77m said:
Hell yeah. That's one. Get david Andrew's now and look at corners left. He will play lg. No way they move Lewis.

It's literally the same position just opposite first steps and opposite directional blocking. Something a vet guard can handle.

Some players can do it and some can't, just like CB's playing Left and Right side, steps are different turns are different, some of them can't play both sides.

Thanks for the insight. Hope this guy's years playing left guard in college and the NFL bring you as much pleasure.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
renofox":2u01ybjt said:
Another genius move.

The Seahawks have drafted 1 good OL out of 50 tries. Lewis is the only young OL who has showed promise, and he plays RG.

Why do the Seahawks then give up one of their few draft picks on a mediocre RG (PFF 60's) with a salary of $9.6M due this year.

One less draft pick and now not even enough remaining cap to sign the few draft picks they have. No decent RB, no decent DE, no decent hole filling anywhere.

But at least they picked up a RG so now they have an extra one if they need it, or they can move the one young and promising OL they do have around until they find a position where he may be mediocre.

I thought that I would never see an offseason as bad as last years when they blew through $50M and got basically nothing to show for it. They appear to be rising to the challenge and may have the worst offseason in NFL history this year.
So I bet they will be good next year then every time fans complain about off season moves they didn’t do means they did good. When will we learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teahawks

Reaction score
Great trade. This is what we needed. A prototype guard with lots of experience and durability. 0 sacks and 2 QB hits in an entire season.

I'm curious how he fits with Waldren who preferred more agile linemen, opposed to the big guys that Solari likes. I think though this guy is a pro and will be fine either way.

And for everyone still questioning center, perhaps Phil Haynes can play there. Or just pick up Blythe.

balakoth

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":okwaeydf said:
renofox":okwaeydf said:
Spin Doctor":okwaeydf said:
renofox":okwaeydf said:
Another genius move.

The Seahawks have drafted 1 good OL out of 50 tries. Lewis is the only young OL who has showed promise, and he plays RG.

Why do the Seahawks then give up one of their few draft picks on a mediocre RG (PFF 60's) with a salary of $9.6M due this year.

One less draft pick and now not even enough remaining cap to sign the few draft picks they have. No decent RB, no decent DE, no decent hole filling anywhere.

But at least they picked up a RG so now they have an extra one if they need it, or they can move the one young and promising OL they do have around until they find a position where he may be mediocre.

I thought that I would never see an offseason as bad as last years when they blew through $50M and got basically nothing to show for it. They appear to be rising to the challenge and may have the worst offseason in NFL history this year.
According to PFF he also gave up zero sacks. I imagine we're probably going to slot Jackson in as our LG.

Of course. Move a 60's (PFF rated) RG to LG and maybe he can at least stay in the 50's. That's definitely worth $10M and a draft pick. VALUE!
PFF isn't necessarily an end all be all authority on how good a player actually is. They have some questionable things on there at times.

You're responding to one of the most new negative nancy's on this forum, while using base stats to evaluate a player

chris98251

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":pzeh3c08 said:
chris98251":pzeh3c08 said:
jamescasey1124":pzeh3c08 said:

Yup cuz being ambidextrous yanking your willy is the same as playing left vs right guard in the nfl.

Horrible analogy.

Think guards who cant play both guard positions. They dont last. You either prove you worth or dont. The ones that cant...bye. football is a game. Not engineering or any form of advanced education. Dont make it harder than it really is.

Only when you play for Pete, how much football have you watched, Madden is a year round game I know, but there are other teams out there and don't believe in flip flop lines, and there was football before the Seahawks Franchise.

I know Hutch was playing all the line positions or he would have been cut right?

chris98251

Reaction score
Own The West":2wai2so4 said:
chris98251":2wai2so4 said:
jamescasey1124":2wai2so4 said:

Thanks for the insight. Hope this guy's years playing left guard in college and the NFL bring you as much pleasure.

It was his general statement all players can play each side equally, I answered that it was not true anymore then the CB position.

GDKOZAR

Reaction score
Really excited we acquired Gabe Jackson. Will make our offensive line much better!!!
GoSEAHAWKS!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Love the trade, especially for a guy who didn't give up a single sack the entire year.
Of course, as expected...….a bunch of people don't like the trade. I often wonder if some people will ever like ANYTHING the Hawks do. Ever

Elemas

Reaction score
I’m not against Lewis at Center. I think he’d kill it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3pcuxn8z said:
"Hopefully some of the incessant whining will stop now."

Hopefully we can make Russ happy and productive without suffering damage.

I was speaking more about fan reaction to perceived inactivity on the free agency front, to be clear.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":17vfvc6q said:
Appyhawk":17vfvc6q said:

I was speaking more about fan reaction to perceived inactivity on the free agency front, to be clear.

Well, up until last night the team was sitting on their asses while some good players in positions of need signed reasonable contract with other teams. Plenty to discuss.

Apparently to some if you don't fall head over heals in love with the signings you should shut up or you are a whiner. I like this signing and have no complaints. Others disagree. I am open to why they don't like the signing and why others do. I think it's called a forum or discussion board. Not a one sided blog.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I like the trade, but when they could have had Zeitler for three years and 23M without having to give up a draft pick, and are now paying Jackson 9M?

So this trade only makes sense to me if they re-do Jackson's contract to free up some cap.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
chris98251":dd3ysumb said:
jamescasey1124":dd3ysumb said:
chris98251":dd3ysumb said:
jamescasey1124":dd3ysumb said:

Horrible analogy.

Only when you play for Pete, how much football have you watched, Madden is a year round game I know, but there are other teams out there and don't believe in flip flop lines, and there was football before the Seahawks Franchise.

I know Hutch was playing all the line positions or he would have been cut right?

Every smart guy in here has this response "this isnt madden", or "you play to much madden". Wrong dude. I have sunday ticket and game pass. I watch more than the seahawks. Pretty much every sunday watch the Bill's too. Then flip in between games when I want. You need to watch more football. Coming from someone who played sports my whole youth...its not hard to move from guard to guard. You obviously didnt play much or at all when you were younger. You would think if the seahawks trade for a position they already have that means movement is coming. Jackson is capable of playing both. Stop complicating things like you've strapped up and took snaps.

AgentDib

Reaction score
He doesn't look like a Solari guy at all so this sounds like the new OC and run game coordinator have been influencing roster development (as they should). I could see him slotting in at LG and our switch to an outside zone rushing scheme limiting his liability as a run blocker.

He's been very durable over the years but that leads to the concern that they may have overvalued his track record in the same way that they did Penny's health coming out of college. Past health doesn't seem to correlate very well with future health, and so prioritizing past health seems like a mistake.

Losing a 5th round pick isn't that big of a deal either, but this is a player who's valuation was already slightly below his cap hit. It feels like we should be able to find those type of players in free agency without needing to trade for them, unless there is some kind of stigma about playing OL here in Seattle that is making it difficult to recruit UFAs.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3n0t41oc said:
Maelstrom787":3n0t41oc said:
Appyhawk":3n0t41oc said:

Well, up until last night the team was sitting on their asses while some good players in positions of need signed reasonable contract with other teams. Plenty to discuss.

Apparently to some if you don't fall head over heals in love with the signings you should shut up or you are a whiner. I like this signing and have no complaints. Others disagree. I am open to why they don't like the signing and why others do. I think it's called a forum or discussion board. Not a one sided blog.

Open? All of your posts are consistently negative, even if it means contradicting yourself.

You can post what you want, others can call it whining. Deal with it. Don't take things so personally, either - it isn't even just this forum, just the fandom as a whole thinking day 1 of free agency is the end-all-be-all.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Zero sacks given up! Yes please. What JS.PC lacked in talk during the Wilson fiasco, they just spoke a thousand words with this trade.

Of course, Derek Carr hits the check down and can see the middle of the field LOL Just stirring the pot .

Jville

Reaction score
AgentDib":tfjicb5e said:
He doesn't look like a Solari guy at all so this sounds like the new OC and run game coordinator have been influencing roster development (as they should). I could see him slotting in at LG and our switch to an outside zone rushing scheme limiting his liability as a run blocker.

He's been very durable over the years but that leads to the concern that they may have overvalued his track record in the same way that they did Penny's health coming out of college. Past health doesn't seem to correlate very well with future health, and so prioritizing past health seems like a mistake.

Losing a 5th round pick isn't that big of a deal either, but this is a player who's valuation was already slightly below his cap hit. It feels like we should be able to find those type of players in free agency without needing to trade for them, unless there is some kind of stigma about playing OL here in Seattle that is making it difficult to recruit UFAs.

I have thought for a number of years that many linemen view other destinations as a more attractive fit. I think Seattle's situation is similar to what Minnesota went thru back in the Fran Tarkenton days. For an expanded perspective, it might be useful and convenient to keep an eye on the Arizona Cardinal offensive line now that they are building around Kyler Murray. It's unfortunate that it has proven to be virtually impossible to discuss such a subject on this forum with all the reactionary noise that attacks such a subject.