Geno is such a joke

Fudwamper

Reaction score
ZagHawk":37anc6jr said:
scutterhawk":37anc6jr said:
Stud":37anc6jr said:
The thread about sticking with Geno if he was good and trading Wilson was hilarious. You win that game with Wilson. Geno was serviceable, but not horribly effective.

Glad Seahawks fans are finally seeing what it's like to have to play with a backup QB!

8)
Eh, pay no mind to some of the sniveling, MOST of these Wilson detractors were hoping beyond hope, that Geno would come in and kick a$$, and PROVE their notion, that Russell Wilson 'Ain't All That', and EASILY REPLACEABLE, they're PO'd that Geno Smith didn't shine, and prove them right...LOLOL I think it's hilarious :lol:

I think people are confusing that RW off the team means you suddenly find a new QB that is just as good or better. That's not what people are saying.

People are saying

RW vs Rookie QB + the 4-6 quality starters you would have with RW salary off the books and in that case you have a much better overall team.

Just imagine running a restaurant with Gordan Ramsay as your chef, but you spent all your money on your cook, and now you're left trying to find every other person in the kitchen for $5/hour salaries. You're gonna have a pretty bad restaurant. Now imagine getting someone capable enough and spreading the money around. It's an overall better product even if you don't have GR cooking...or in this case RW.

RW Salary is roughly 30-35M/year

Players like Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas commanded roughly 10M/year

Players like Cliff Avril commanded roughly 7M a year

That's where I get the number 4-6 quality starters. And yeah just imagine yesterday's game with a rookie your developing with a safer game plan (similar to RWs in the first few years) who honestly would play no better or worse than Geno did and then having 4-6 quality players like above in today's NFL. Now imagine yesterday's game with just RW instead of Geno. Yeah I still think that rookie QB team is better.

RW > Geno. RW < Geno/Rookie + 4-6 quality players

The franchise QB IS the most important role on the team, BUT it is overvalued due to outside factors like viewership and butts in seats in the stadium because they bring in the crowd, but the value to the product on the field is NOT worth their pay in the salary cap era.

Oh BTW comparing Geno this last game vs RW the first few games...did RW really play THAT MUCH better than Geno did? I clearly remember RW getting shut out several halves himself and not winning a game in OT either (something you should expect a 30-35M/year QB to pull off vs the backup).

I would very much disagree with this. Russ's contract is not debilitating. Russ deserves all that money.

JA's contract and trade is what is debilitating. You say 4-6 quality players? I can can give you 1 quality player we should have drafted in 2017. TJ Watt. on the board, difference maker and pass rusher. Everyone and their grandma new it but we dropped out hoping he would pass Pitt. Stupid decision. Forced by other stupid decisions to trade 1st rounders for guys that didn't fit our identity.

Losing multiple 1st rounders and spending 17mil a season is a waste of resources for a SS that plays out of position, does not wrap up, cannot take on a blocker, and has only 2 interceptions in his whole career.

For reference, in Kam's first five years in the league, including his rookie season when he didn't really play, he had 8 interceptions. Quandre had 9 ints.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Fade":207reavd said:
Sports Hernia":207reavd said:
1st game they dictated how the game went, and didn’t give away a half of football. It was wonderful.
IT WORKED, so why did you get away from it? Does Pete crave the drama of always playing behind?

I don’t get it.

I've been studying this for a long time, and have always been inquisitive to the reasons why coaches do what they do. Pete struggles to adjust to what is happening on the field on the fly compared to his peers, he NEEDS to simplify the game or he himself will get boat raced by the opposing coach.

Pete is not an X's & O's coach. He learned the defense he is still deploying to this day from Monty Kiffin in the 1970's. His offensive philosophy he picked up from Mike Shanahan with the 49ers in the 90s. With some of his other quirks coming from the 70's Raiders.

So he developed a rope-a-dope style to level the playing field and mitigate his weaknesses, and built his philosophy around that.

What you get is a team that plays with great effort, but they aren't smart, and will have long stretches of ugly play game in and game out due to Pete's handicap. This will never change, he is what he is.

So as you said, "feeling teams out" is very real. Wilson for years has been campaigning to start fast, and has said things like why not play like the 4th quarter in the 1st quarter? Which they've done more in recent years. Particularly the start of last year, and the first 3 games of this year. Problem! The Seahawks jump on teams, the opponent adjusts, and Pete takes too long to adjust to the opponents adjustments, he can't keep up. Pete's answer every time is to slow things down and simplify. He's trying to play checkers, he doesn't want to play chess.

How did we allow Dan Quinn to slide to the Cowboys as D Coordinator? THAT is the problem with the team, not the Offense. Not many teams can handle losing its top RB's, especially when the key to winning is RUNNING THE BALL effectively. It is clear now that Carson is glass, Penny gets one more chance, then he is glass in the trash. This team needs a RB with speed and elusiveness, and another with power and immune to injury. Like a FB and a Half back of old times. A team, with The Bus type, and a "quickster".

chris98251

Reaction score
Geno played within the offense he was given, they started out with a ultra conservative attack, they played around for 2 quarters when they should have been pushing the run game on a grass field. They didn't use the quck up temp game either where Geno was doing well.

The strip sack was Geno trying to extend a play and he got stripped doing it, Watts is getting paid for doing that, but there was nobody open and we didn't have time to throw it away, he had people all over the pocket.

I put the blame back on slow starts and not playing to the players strengths, we had TE's that were getting open yet only used them a couple plays, they were over under covering DK and Lockett most the game, are screens were lateral screens and not in the flat either, not our strength, yes a 3 - 4 spreads a defense out more and makes them harder if they read it. But lateral is not what our backs do well.

We are not good enough on defense to dictate what a team does, we can only hope to do damage control and come up with timely stops.

Offense has to be attacking all 4 quarters.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
I thought Geno did what he was told to do which was manage the game and he did it well actually. The fumble was on him but we left points on the field. Again poor play calling in the redzone.....poor play calling in field goal range twice. We suck ass but that was a very winnable game.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I am sorry if you think geno played well, or ok I think you missed all the batted balls at the line.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fudwamper":r46qxv96 said:
I am sorry if you think geno played well, or ok I think you missed all the batted balls at the line.

I think that was a combination of good D line play and Geno rust, staring a receiver down and throwing and they D lineman seen it coming.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I was amazed reading some of the stupid comments on this board. What were your expectations of Geno? This guy was a rusty back up. Did you expect him to be a second Russell Wilson? What back up QB has had any significant effect consistently. I can only think of one in my lifetime. It was Earl Morrall who was back up to Bob Griese from Miami in 1972. I think people have some unrealistic expectations of this team. We do not have a very good team. We have a porous offensive line that has made Russell Wilson the most sacked QB in the last 5 years. Now you want to lay this off on Geno. I think under the circumstances he did a decent job. We were tied at the end of regulation. Yeah he lost the ball when he tried to run. Why was that? All of our receivers were covered and our line was getting caved in around him. I get the frustration here but it is not all on Geno. I have seen Russell end up throwing a bunch of INTs to lose games. Does this mean I want to see Geno replace Russell. God no. Geno is a back up. He will never be a Russell.