Geno Writes Back!

IndyHawk

Reaction score

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
If that quote is verbatim - it's an awesome dis that Team 3 isn't even mentioned by name.

"The Last Guy". Indeed!

I'm getting foggy - who even WAS our last quarterback???.... trying to remember his name.... on the tip of my tongue.... ;)

I only watched PC's presser last night - didn't get to Geno's - I will have to watch it!

trharder

Reaction score
It's true. What we are seeing pretty consistently with the Geno offense is what it looked like sporadically with Russ. Geno is better at what Pete wants to do. But, we saw early 3rd quarter that Pete and Co. can get too conservative with a short lead and the defense playing well. It took a dreadful pick 6 to splash water in the face of the sleeping offense and unleash angry superhero Geno again.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
It took a dreadful pick 6 to splash water in the face of the sleeping offense and unleash angry superhero Geno again.
Nice way of putting it. Exactly how it felt to me.

For a dude with a pretty level head - he seems to need to be pissed off!

Mad Dog

Reaction score
It's true. What we are seeing pretty consistently with the Geno offense is what it looked like sporadically with Russ. Geno is better at what Pete wants to do. But, we saw early 3rd quarter that Pete and Co. can get too conservative with a short lead and the defense playing well. It took a dreadful pick 6 to splash water in the face of the sleeping offense and unleash angry superhero Geno again.

That’s one take. The other take is that there are always ebbs and flows to a game and that it has little to do with what fans believe is happening.
If the Fant pass goes for 5 yds rather than 50, you’d say it was a conservative play call. If the screen pass to K9 goes for 30 yds instead of a pick six you’d say it was taking advantage of the defensive aggression. Stuff happens.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, it was a horrible decision. And really he should have had 3. But, his decision making has been outstanding. EVERY QB has off games. It's about how you bounce back and finish. He was pissed, clearly. Not his best game, but it didn't phase him. I couldn't have been more wrong about Geno. And it rocks.

keasley45

Reaction score
That’s one take. The other take is that there are always ebbs and flows to a game and that it has little to do with what fans believe is happening.
If the Fant pass goes for 5 yds rather than 50, you’d say it was a conservative play call. If the screen pass to K9 goes for 30 yds instead of a pick six you’d say it was taking advantage of the defensive aggression. Stuff happens.

Exactly. It's also situational ball. I dont think they were ever sitting on the lead. Basic football strategy is to beat your opponent into submission when you have them down without taking on unnecessary liability yourself - ask the Bills how they feel about their strategy Sunday. The pick6 was just a great play on an underthrown touch pass.

It's smart to perfect the short, ball control game when we have the opportunities and not just continue to throw for the sake of throwing. It will serve us well come playoff time.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Good topic title by OP.
I see Geno edging toward a pick per game status. That could be worrisome, although we eventually regained the edge in takeaways and produced a game sealing drive. Geno is doing, for relative peanuts, what we have been paying through the teeth to get for years. Color me surprised that he is recording the results he is now producing. I always said he is a player with skills, but never expected he would be at the top of the league in positional performance.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If that quote is verbatim - it's an awesome dis that Team 3 isn't even mentioned by name.

"The Last Guy". Indeed!

I'm getting foggy - who even WAS our last quarterback???.... trying to remember his name.... on the tip of my tongue.... ;)

I only watched PC's presser last night - didn't get to Geno's - I will have to watch it!
I loved it too..
The last QB we had is getting smaller as time goes by.
What was his name?Was it Me3?

Rainger

Reaction score
Yep, it was a horrible decision. And really he should have had 3. But, his decision making has been outstanding. EVERY QB has off games. It's about how you bounce back and finish. He was pissed, clearly. Not his best game, but it didn't phase him. I couldn't have been more wrong about Geno. And it rocks.
I think the only people who weren't wrong about Geno in some way, were Geno and Pete.

We all can wear it, even those who wanted to go with him couldn't have predicted he would be this good.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Hate to break up the fun, but this is a fake quote from Geno. He never said that. Bleacher report fell for a fake Bob Condotta twitter account.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
What was his name?Was it Me3?
That's awesome. Officially my new handle for the douche!

Me3. How appropriate.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to annoy my entire family by doing some 'high knees' through the living room for the next 6.25 hours.

OMG. ;) You can't write this shit.

Nunya

Reaction score
Hate to break up the fun, but this is a fake quote from Geno. He never said that. Bleacher report fell for a fake Bob Condotta twitter account.
It can't be fake because it was on the internet. We all know that everything on the internet is true.

toffee

Reaction score
Kind of surprise Geno said what he said, and how he said it, calling Russ that guy or that dude. Quite unlike Geno of 2022, more like Geno of the Jets. Now that he talked like Jet's Geno, let's pray that he won't start playing that way.

Latest posts