Geno Writes Back

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I guess there's one in every crowd. Literally saying he/she is "meh" about a win over the Rams. Come on, that's so dot net, enjoy the damn win. And NEVER apologize for a win. And Geno FINALLY got that huge game winning drive. He was nails. And the DK blasters are probably pretty quiet today.
Again, almost seemingly MAD that a struggling team beat a divisional opponent. The defense is struggling big time, and they STILL won. Come on, do better :rolleyes:

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
Geno is an "irrationally confident" passer. Steven Ruiz said that in his QB rankings and it's just spot on. His game is the definition of BDE. The fact that he maintains his great efficiency despite making so many insanely confident passes each week is a testament to how talented he really is.

I'll take a few of those "holy crap, that was spooky" passes each week over a risk-averse turtle under center.

Geno is earning every cent of that future extension.
Well said. I think we as fans are witnessing a man who is taking every play as an opportunity to rewrite a career full of 'what ifs' and 'could haves'. He is so laser focused on what he's doing... every throw, such intense conviction and determination.
The team is benefiting from having a guy who's playing the game with the confidence of knowing he's been to the bottom and cant ever go any lower than hes been. He was a joke in NY. Forgotten in San Diego. Written off as a placeholder in Seattle. And then summarily dismissed as a 'non-competotor' in a sham of a qb competition that many (including mysefl) thought a reborn D Lock would win.
It's as if when he's playing, he's not even playing against the opponent, but rather a history of doubt.
He's the only one who knew how could he could be if he ever got a real chance again. He bet on himself and now he's letting it ride.
Many fear he's playing for a payday. I don't think so. I think Seattle... its fans and the organization are the beneficiary of a man who plays each down as though another might not come, because 10 months ago, it was doubtful he'd ever have one at all.
Geno is playing for his football life. He's playing for his own legacy. Enjoy the show.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's def. locked in. Hoping he cuts back on forcing passes in the red zone though. Really should have had 3 picks the last couple weeks in the end zone.
But oh well, he finished, that that's truly all that matters.

keasley45

Reaction score
It's also nice when your qb has a mic shoved in his face and is asked a question, he responds with something meaningful, inspiring and well considered.

“Our success so far starts with the trust and belief of our head coach,” Smith told NBC Sports’ Peter King during an October 24 feature. “Not many coaches would start two rookies on the offensive line, a rookie running back, two rookie cornerbacks. Not many coaches would be comfortable starting a quarterback who hasn’t played in many years. But Pete does it because he knows what he’s looking at. He’s played young guys before, lots of times. He’s taken chances on players, lots of time. He knows how to coach ball. You can see that this year.

“I think we’re built to last for this season and many seasons. But ultimately, it comes down to what we do, not what we say. It’s about the work we put in. it’s about the consistency. And our preparation and consistency and our togetherness. That’s all that matters. As long as we continue to build together, the sky’s the limit. It takes work. It takes hard work. We gotta embrace that part of it.”

Geno's version of his predecessors infamous quote that the 'separation is in the preparation'. But like his play, his detail and execution is just ... better.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Same with DK. He didn't talk about anyone but his teammates. And could have EASILY jumped on the eff you Ramsey train.
Kid is growing up right in front of us. Geno, DK, Tyler, Diggs....all big time team leaders.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Same with DK. He didn't talk about anyone but his teammates. And could have EASILY jumped on the eff you Ramsey train.
Kid is growing up right in front of us. Geno, DK, Tyler, Diggs....all big time team leaders.
Yeah, I was very impressed by his post-game presser.