Go niners

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
^ That's good. This past generation only knew the Harbaugh/Carroll rivalry, and that is the one that we provided them many, many tears, so it makes sense. Only gramps cares about those old Cowboys/9ers rivalries.

94Smith

Reaction score
^ That's good. This past generation only knew the Harbaugh/Carroll rivalry, and that is the one that we provided them many, many tears, so it makes sense. Only gramps cares about those old Cowboys/9ers rivalries.
Yeah it’s recency bias. The 90s was a long time ago but at the height of the rivalry the Seahawks 49ers rivalry paled in comparison. I remember when the 49ers signed Deion sanders and I was so happy it was something to get the team over the hump. When Steve young did the victory lap at candlestick post nfc championship pure elation.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Standing room only tickets at Levi’s start at 400, vs about 150 for the Hawks game. I would imagine that 90s rivalry is very real with many 9ers fans.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Never rooted for the cowboys. Ever. But I kinda want to see SF get beat bad. But maybe it would be better for them to lose in the SB by a lot. And make it happen from bad coaching decisions. Lol

94Smith

Reaction score
Standing room only tickets at Levi’s start at 400, vs about 150 for the Hawks game. I would imagine that 90s rivalry is very real with many 9ers fans.
That's the cowboy fans. This game will probably be about 25 % cowboy fans. Always is at Levi's

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
SO revealed that I’m a Seahawks fan to ppl at his work. They wonder how we Are even engaged. Well, fact is we talk like you and I are here.

Purdy is just…adorable. I mean, what’s not to like about this kid who got clowned handing the ball off the wrong way…and then goes on to win a straight 7 games?

Purdy being the starter in 23 will disadvantage us.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Both fan bases are insufferable but the Cowboys fans are the worst. I should know I married one. But in her defense she was at least born in the Dallas metro area.

As much as I hate the 49ers i just can't bring myself to hate George Kittle. He's in my top 5 players in the league. The guy just plays hard and is having fun, and is a threat to score anywhere on the field.

The McCaffery trade wasn't fair. I cannot believe the Panthers parted with such a weapon.
I really don't care who wins. I guess it's in the Seahawks best interests for SF to win as it lowers their draft position.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I got Dallas in my fantasy league play off sweep. I'm very torn on this.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Objectively, Dallas is better than any team the 9ers have faced since kc. They have a chance of winning, but kyles wily as a coyote, and Purdy has some kind of mind meld with him.

Kyles angle Is to have too many angles on anyone to defend against. He knows Cmc is a target, so what, he uses Deebo with or without screen. No Deebo, fine, then there’s Aiyuk. Oh hey, Kittle over there wide open. Let’s not forget that the trusty old Juice ran in two touchdowns.

You as McCarthy know this, but what can you do? Blitz him? Ask the Dolphins and Tampa how that went. Parsons is most likely getting double teamed on Sunday. Offensively, sf Has too many built In options to defend all effectively.

Defensively, 9ers big challenge is to stop Pollard. While they often don’t do this, I can see them assigning a spy on him to force Prescott to throw more. Dak is terrible at turnovers. Hufanga and Mooney will eat that up.

Then Theres special teams. The 49ers may have to do nothing more than force the Cowboys into field goal position.

knownone

Reaction score
There is no scenario where I'm pulling for the Niners to advance in the playoffs.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Objectively, Dallas is better than any team the 9ers have faced since kc. They have a chance of winning, but kyles wily as a coyote, and Purdy has some kind of mind meld with him.

Kyles angle Is to have too many angles on anyone to defend against. He knows Cmc is a target, so what, he uses Deebo with or without screen. No Deebo, fine, then there’s Aiyuk. Oh hey, Kittle over there wide open. Let’s not forget that the trusty old Juice ran in two touchdowns.

You as McCarthy know this, but what can you do? Blitz him? Ask the Dolphins and Tampa how that went. Parsons is most likely getting double teamed on Sunday. Offensively, sf Has too many built In options to defend all effectively.

Defensively, 9ers big challenge is to stop Pollard. While they often don’t do this, I can see them assigning a spy on him to force Prescott to throw more. Dak is terrible at turnovers. Hufanga and Mooney will eat that up.

Then Theres special teams. The 49ers may have to do nothing more than force the Cowboys into field goal position.
Parsons played 76 snaps last game, now on short week its going to affect him. Kyle will have Kittle, Deebo and CMC probably run right at him. He could be gassed by the 2nd half.

Rat

Reaction score
Eh, they beat us three times this year. I can't get upset with them winning further. The Purdy story is fun. I hope they beat the Cowboys while the Eagles lose to the Giants, and then Giants over Niners in the NFCCG.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Eh, they beat us three times this year. I can't get upset with them winning further. The Purdy story is fun. I hope they beat the Cowboys while the Eagles lose to the Giants, and then Giants over Niners in the NFCCG.

I kinda think the Giants are paper targets unless Jalen is still hurt. In any case, title game would be an excellent place for them to lose to rile them up about giving Lance the start, which gives us a year of breathing room.