Gonzaga BB 2019-20 Thread

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
AP rank is #8 pre-season which is pretty crazy considering it's going to be a rotation loaded with freshmen and transfers. I'm very curious to see how it all pans out.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1kldpskh said:
AP rank is #8 pre-season which is pretty crazy considering it's going to be a rotation loaded with freshmen and transfers. I'm very curious to see how it all pans out.
That seems high though the scrimmage beating of MSU gives me some hope it might not be. Considering the youth on the team, I'll be very happy with a Sweet 16 appearance. Anything beyond that will be gravy and very dependent on matchups.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Brock Ravet taking indefinite leave of absence from GU. Not sure whats going on but that leaves GU very thin at guard. Unfortunate, I was looking forward to watching him play.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1fasy5fs said:
Brock Ravet taking indefinite leave of absence from GU. Not sure whats going on but that leaves GU very thin at guard. Unfortunate, I was looking forward to watching him play.
Hope he's OK emotionally

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I have no idea how good Texas A&M is this year but GU beats them by 30 tonight. A&M struggled to score but I'm not sure if it was good D or poor teamwork on A@M's part. Regardless thats an SEC team that was throttled nonetheless.

Looking forward to watching this team progress. Seems like a lot of guys were dinged up tonight. Would sure like to see Tillie make it back.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Natethegreat":22mx2hky said:
I have no idea how good Texas A&M is this year but GU beats them by 30 tonight. A&M struggled to score but I'm not sure if it was good D or poor teamwork on A@M's part. Regardless thats an SEC team that was throttled nonetheless.

Looking forward to watching this team progress. Seems like a lot of guys were dinged up tonight. Would sure like to see Tillie make it back.

A&M was picked to finish near last in the SEC by most experts. Yeah they are power five team, but they would likely finish near the middle if they were in the WCC. We probably won’t know how great Gonzaga is until they play that three game stretch against UW, Arizona and UNC.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think that A&M is any good. Regardless it was still encouraging to see them go on the road and win like that.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3nvwbm0m said:
Natethegreat":3nvwbm0m said:

A&M was picked to finish near last in the SEC by most experts. Yeah they are power five team, but they would likely finish near the middle if they were in the WCC. We probably won’t know how great Gonzaga is until they play that three game stretch against UW, Arizona and UNC.
Agree. A&M was a very poor offensive team. Not bad defensively though. And yeah, that 3 gamer gonna be huge. C'mon Killian, get healthy!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
About to get a lot more real for the Zags. Good to see Tillie back and playing well (no surprise).
Man their shooting though, both from the field and worse, from the line, is not pretty. Guard play is not great which is no surprise. Knew going into the season it would be a weakness. Hate to say this, but if they face Oregon in the Bahamas, Peyton Pritchard gonna have Woolridge and Gilder for lunch and dinner.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Big test this week .... I'm still not sure this team is top-10 right now but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sadly it appears that it's time to accept that Killian Tillie will never be fully healthy again. Guy has the talent to play the 3 at an all-star level in the NBA at 6'11" but I fear his injuries will keep him from ever realizing that promise.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Yeah, its a real bummer for him just can't seem to stay healthy. Nice to see Kispert seems to be out of his shooting slump.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1uy2hbds said:
Yeah, its a real bummer for him just can't seem to stay healthy. Nice to see Kispert seems to be out of his shooting slump.
Yeah they need that too to keep teams from clogging the middle on Filip and Timme

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Lots of injuries last night. Apparently the playing surface is not good. Tillie says he will try and play but both starting guards could be out.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1hb04li3 said:
Lots of injuries last night. Apparently the playing surface is not good. Tillie says he will try and play but both starting guards could be out.
Yeah I saw Woolridge go out but had no idea Gilder went out early in the 2nd half. Watson out too I'd guess. Tillie "will try" doesn't sound promising :(

Crizilla

Reaction score
Zags just continue to prove they're a national powerhouse. Nuff said....Date with Michigan.