Gonzaga BB 2019-20 Thread

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1g1oyk63 said:
Shanegotyou11":1g1oyk63 said:
Appyhawk":1g1oyk63 said:
They just posted a news flash the NCAA tourney will be played without fans in attendance. Do you think that will affect the outcome?

Games will be cancelled.
So far, nope. TV is going to be allowed in to broadcast because money of course.

All conference tournaments are cancelled. Next is big one. Public outcry is too strong.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think it is highly likely the NCAA tourney will be canceled or postponed. As a Husky fan, I’m okay with this.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":143vd1dd said:
hawksfansinceday1":143vd1dd said:
Shanegotyou11":143vd1dd said:
Appyhawk":143vd1dd said:
They just posted a news flash the NCAA tourney will be played without fans in attendance. Do you think that will affect the outcome?

Games will be cancelled.
So far, nope. TV is going to be allowed in to broadcast because money of course.

All conference tournaments are cancelled. Next is big one. Public outcry is too strong.
Agree now. The season is over.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
What a let down. I was hoping for a Zags/JHawk final so I could celebrate either way. I suppose it's all for the best, but I think instead of cancelling they could have just planned to delay it until this mess is under control. Few also suggested that remedy too, didn't he? I know I wouldn't have wanted to go into a crowd situation under current situation.
Really feel bad about it for the players sake, especially the seniors.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3hq6520o said:
Hawk-Lock":3hq6520o said:
I think it is highly likely the NCAA tourney will be canceled or postponed. As a Husky fan, I’m okay with this.
Your season ended yesterday anyway so no difference.

We basically had the same outcome as Gonzaga.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Appyhawk":39ht9lrf said:
What a let down. I was hoping for a Zags/JHawk final so I could celebrate either way. I suppose it's all for the best, but I think instead of cancelling they could have just planned to delay it until this mess is under control. Few also suggested that remedy too, didn't he? I know I wouldn't have wanted to go into a crowd situation under current situation.
Really feel bad about it for the players sake, especially the seniors.
Few not only suggested a delay rather than cancellation, but said every coach he's spoken to wanted the same. Here's an interview on Sportscenter where he said as much and where was told for the first time the tournament was canceled.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28893337

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":37vcoz71 said:
hawksfansinceday1":37vcoz71 said:
Hawk-Lock":37vcoz71 said:

Do you have any idea how sad this post is?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1a1jvmun said:
Hawk-Lock":1a1jvmun said:
hawksfansinceday1":1a1jvmun said:
Hawk-Lock":1a1jvmun said:

Do you have any idea how sad this post is?

I was joking. Obviously the Huskies sucked. But not much difference between any of the tourney teams as their is no final result from this season. Gonzaga will be fine as they are loaded every season. But I feel for teams like Dayton and Baylor who are rarely this great.

Weirdly, the cancelation of the NCAA tourney does make me feel better about the Huskies awful season. I would be extremely upset if they were a top 25 team and weren't able to play in the tourney.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":353tfyld said:
hawksfansinceday1":353tfyld said:
Hawk-Lock":353tfyld said:

Except head to head loss and no conference tourney title.

Anyways.

This is a huge bummer especially for Kansas, Gonzaga, and Dayton. All were having unbelievable seasons. They should just suspend the tourney instead of cancelling.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Crizilla":2ke5ygj5 said:
Hawk-Lock":2ke5ygj5 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2ke5ygj5 said:
Hawk-Lock":2ke5ygj5 said:

Except head to head loss and no conference tourney title.........
Well that and 30-2 as opposed to 15-17.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3ot8oplm said:
How bout 20/21 ?
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/oct/ ... mitted-pl/
They should turn this matchup into some kind of annual rivalry type game. I'd much prefer to see that than a KU/Mizzou matchup.

The thing I love most about college basketball is that these type of non conference games happen all the time. KU/GU would be a great matchup to see every year. Love to see Butler/Wichita State on the calendar too.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
"Gonzaga will be fine as they are loaded every season."
That's one of the things I admire most about Coach Few. He does what he does with guys mainstreamers for the most part overlook. IMO that's the Mark of a great coach! :)
Self does the same but to a much lessor extent. He gets some of the top flight guys, but goes just as much for guys he thinks have top potential that will stay for multiple years. Kansas looks to be loaded again this year, but not as experienced.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
"Although KU's season-opening clash with Gonzaga in Fort Myers, Fla., has yet to be officially announced by either school, the expectation remains that Kansas and Gonzaga will tipoff the college basketball season against each other on Nov. 25."
If nothing changes between now and then Zags would go in at #1 and Kansas #6 in AP poll.
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/nov/ ... basketball