Gordon suspended indefintely

Seymour

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2528k3ps said:
Seymour":2528k3ps said:
pittpnthrs":2528k3ps said:
Is anybody really surprised? Seriously.

With the injuries and stuff going on, anybody feel like the seasons slowly unraveling?

Unraveling?? LMAO. He has averaged about 1 catch a game. Give me a break.

Not just Gordon man (even though his pathetic catch total always seemed to be clutch 3rd down catches minus the bomb yesterday), i'm talking about the injuries mounting up. Look at how beat up this team is, Penny, Diggs, Clowney, Ziggy, Wagner, Shaq, Luke Willson, Dissly, Ed Dickson, Britt, Thorpe, etc,,,. That week 17 game against SF is going to be for all the marbles and I dont think we'll be healthy enough to beat them.

Most of those guys have a good chance to be back for week 17 or playoffs, so no still.

We won't be healthy enough to beat the whiners but the 4-9 Falcons can beat them?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":10es73zb said:
Seymour":10es73zb said:
pittpnthrs":10es73zb said:

With the injuries and stuff going on, anybody feel like the seasons slowly unraveling?

Not just Gordon man (even though his pathetic catch total always seemed to be clutch 3rd down catches minus the bomb yesterday), i'm talking about the injuries mounting up. Look at how beat up this team is, Penny, Diggs, Clowney, Ziggy, Wagner, Shaq, Luke Willson, Dissly, Ed Dickson, Britt, Thorpe, etc,,,. That week 17 game against SF is going to be for all the marbles and I dont think we'll be healthy enough to beat them.

The injury bug is not unique to us, every team's dealing with it. The Niners had what, like 4-5 starters out yesterday too?

That's just the NFL, winning is as much about health as it is about everything else.

So yeah, if these injuries keep piling up, doesn't matter what our record is, it's going to seriously hurt our chances in the playoffs. It's why Pete is overly cautious this time of year with injuries........and why guys like Griffin, Clowney and Ziggy sat yesterday. I'm sure they'd be going if this was the playoffs.

Pete's trying hard to get us as healthy as possible down the stretch.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Chapow":3mtu9cfq said:
kidhawk":3mtu9cfq said:
As most have said, it's not a real shocker. His history shows it's just a matter of time, but we got some good use out of him while we had him and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. He was never a major part of the game plan, so it shouldn't be that difficult to plug and play with what we have. This just makes me happier that Lockett seems back to his old self. Him and DK along with Hollister should be able to hanlde the brunt of the receiving.

They already were/are.

Josh Gordon was here for 5 games. He had 7 receptions.

Don't get me wrong, I thought Gordon was a nice pick up and I was glad to have him here, but this isn't a big loss to this team IMO.

Maybe it would have been clearer had I written "continue to handle the brunt of the receiving" as that was my intention with that statement.

His loss as far as what he's done here wasn't huge, but the potential of what he could have done had he stayed clean was huge.

Chapow

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3pr0e3ou said:
2_0_6":3pr0e3ou said:
John Ursua's time is now
I was thinking the same exact thing.
Some guys just can't get the hell out of their own damned way.
Why not give Ursua "Flash In The Pan" Gordon's opportunities.

Pretty sure they'll continue to roll with some combo of David Moore, Malik Turner, and Jaron Brown like they have been all season.

I totally get wanting to see what Ursua can do out there, but have you guys considered that maybe there's a reason that Ursua isn't getting playing time? Like, maybe he just isn't ready yet?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Kind of figured he'd at least make it to the offseason before getting suspended.

Sugarrayjay

Reaction score
I personally would love to see Gordon retire and for us to hire him or train him as a WR coach. Pretty sure they dont get tested and dude can defo help. Also if it's for weed just let the guys smoke for effs sake

Seymour

Reaction score
Sugarrayjay":1zjcj8np said:
I personally would love to see Gordon retire and for us to hire him or train him as a WR coach. Pretty sure they dont get tested and dude can defo help. Also if it's for weed just let the guys smoke for effs sake

The dude has elite skills combined with pile of rocks self discipline. You dont turn that into a coaching position and leader unless you hit the bong 24-7.

getnasty

Reaction score
Sad, think about the amount of money this guy has thrown away. Hopefully something clicks for him one day.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Sugarrayjay":270ig4po said:
Post of the year candidate.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Seymour":aedzt9wl said:
pittpnthrs":aedzt9wl said:
Seymour":aedzt9wl said:
pittpnthrs":aedzt9wl said:

Most of those guys have a good chance to be back for week 17 or playoffs, so no still.

We won't be healthy enough to beat the whiners but the 4-9 Falcons can beat them?

They beat the Saints too who we were unable to beat. Maybe its just them.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sugarrayjay":3bbqdf2s said:

While we're at it, lets bring back Eddie Lacey as head nutritionist, and Richard Sherman as director of public relations. :lol: :lol:

BigBill1945

Reaction score
He is probably an addict I would guess. You can addicted to almost anything including weed. While weed is not high on the list of addictive substances one can still get addicted to it. He is kind of our version of Ricky Williams. Whatever the substance is, this guy does not appear to have the self control to stay away from it. I would call the height of selfishness. NE probably got wind of his situation and decided to cut bait before it was too late. I am just guessing.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The NFL needs to follow the example set by Baseball and let go of its Vendetta against Marijuana!

Reefer Madness is carrying on the tradition that Cannabis is evil. It's a medical miracle for some. Charlotte's Web I named after a little girl that used to suffer from debilitating seizures. With an emphasis on "used to."

2_0_6

Reaction score
Chapow":1fcl2f9w said:
scutterhawk":1fcl2f9w said:
2_0_6":1fcl2f9w said:
John Ursua's time is now
I was thinking the same exact thing.
Some guys just can't get the hell out of their own damned way.
Why not give Ursua "Flash In The Pan" Gordon's opportunities.

Pretty sure they'll continue to roll with some combo of David Moore, Malik Turner, and Jaron Brown like they have been all season.

I totally get wanting to see what Ursua can do out there, but have you guys considered that maybe there's a reason that Ursua isn't getting playing time? Like, maybe he just isn't ready yet?

He cant be that much worse than Jaron Brown could he?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ivotuk":2nxa6p6h said:
The NFL needs to follow the example set by Baseball and let go of its Vendetta against Marijuana!

Reefer Madness is carrying on the tradition that Cannabis is evil. It's a medical miracle for some. Charlotte's Web I named after a little girl that used to suffer from debilitating seizures. With an emphasis on "used to."

And the NBA, and the NBA has never been more popular on a global level then it is now.

Unfortunately the NFL is the most antiquated "protect the shield" sports league in existence..........image is everything. I l also think the owners like their strict drug policy to use against the NFLPA when it's negotiation time. They see this kind of stuff as bargaining chips.

I honestly feel sorry for Gordon, and not just because he was doing well here. He seems like a good dude, who's just battling something he doesn't have a grip on.................and FINALLY he's in a good place here in Seattle where he feels good about himself and his surroundings, and now he's suspended.

HawkGA

Reaction score
It was listed as performance enhancing, wasn't it? Wee wouldn't have been in that category, would it?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is hard to form an opinion on this until we get some clarification on PEDs vs substance abuse.

Very different reasons for taking, very different impact. Somehow lumped together?

Even if it is substance abuse, you have to wonder - is it addiction or attempts to self-medicate?

Disappointing to hear. But he was already important in a few games. It was worth it to have him here, even if we lose him now.

Latest posts