How long is it going to take....

Hawkpower

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2vblkg9w said:
We aren't beating the Cardinals twice this season

Was it the loss to the mighty Lions, at home, that has you so worried about the Cards?

I mean I could certainly see a loss potentially to any division foe, but that was a strong statement you made there

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I absolutely believe in the offense, special teams and coaches. This is the greatest offense in franchise history, and might be one of the greatest offenses in league history when all is said and done.

But as we saw last night, when the weather gets nasty and we play a defense that knows how to scheme and contain Russell and the long passing game? It's going to result in having to trust the defense to play well......................and not sure that's going to happen.

Especially when we get into division games against teams that know how to scheme and frustrate Russell.

Don't get me wrong, amazing win, one of the best comebacks of Russell's career. But the defense scares the hell out of me, it's putrid.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ballard1951":wba7cgnm said:
We won because we have NFL's Most Valuable Player on our roster, and one of NFL's most efficient receivers. The rest of the team is not elite, of course.

Go ahead and list the teams that have elite players at every position.

While we are at it, we also have Jamal Adams, Bobby (who at times is still elite) and a whole list of players who would fall solidly below that elite title (shaq, Carson, Lockett, KJ as of late) who fill out the roster nicely.

This is a really good football team that can garner elite results if they can just play average on defense. Its within their grasp.

kf3339

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2tmrymwp said:
We aren't beating the Cardinals twice this season

What a silly statement. No one knows what will happen at this point. Personally, I can just as easily say they will fold and not even make the playoffs this season. That is just as accurate of a statement. :34853_doh:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The thing that bothered me last night was that Cook seemed to run up the gut at will, and we had zero answer for it. If Cook doesn't leave the game we get roasted - that's how I saw it. And getting Adams back after the bye doesn't fix that IMO. The other thing that bugged me is the 'oh no, they're playing 2 high safeties - our deep passing game is toast!'. I honestly thought that we should have run DK and/or the MIA Lockett deep and passed 'down their throat' for lack of a better expression or at least challenged them. Thought that we could do a bit better than that. Not saying that we're going nowhere - but there's a few issues. I WILL take the win and the bye and a regroup though ;) I DO believe in the offense when it's not raining ;)

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ddores":2t0u70hw said:
The thing that bothered me last night was that Cook seemed to run up the gut at will, and we had zero answer for it. If Cook doesn't leave the game we get roasted - that's how I saw it. And getting Adams back after the bye doesn't fix that IMO. The other thing that bugged me is the 'oh no, they're playing 2 high safeties - our deep passing game is toast!'. I honestly thought that we should have run DK and/or the MIA Lockett deep and passed 'down their throat' for lack of a better expression or at least challenged them. Thought that we could do a bit better than that. Not saying that we're going nowhere - but there's a few issues. I WILL take the win and the bye and a regroup though ;) I DO believe in the offense when it's not raining ;)

To be fair, Cook is probably one of the top 3 backs in the league.

But yeah, it was tough to watch.

RCATES

Reaction score
Tusc2000":3ol4eo9a said:
RCATES":3ol4eo9a said:
LTH":3ol4eo9a said:
How long is it going to take for You guys to believe in this team like this team believes in itself?

If tonight's performance wasn't good enough to make you believe I dont ever think you will...

Go ahead SAY IT b!@ch's.... say I BELIEVE!!!

This team is BAD A$$!!!!

LTH

Seahawks were dominated in this game. Scored most of their points off turnovers and the last possession. Offense was cringeworthy 90% of the game. No words for this Defense. Yes it was a Miraculous win but man did this team look bad last night.

It was not a miracle, because this stuff happens every other week.

Some of you are so fixated on yards allowed, you miss the point of the game -- scoring the most points within a fixed 60 minute window.

I don't know if we are BAD ASS but I do know we are an elite 5-0 team. Yes it is because of Russ. And that's fine with me.

"Fixated on yards allowed" lmao

Minnesota was like 10 for 10 on 3rd down going into the halftime with long time consuming drives. Utter domination by them. Keep taking the everything will be ok approach. This Defense without wholesale changes will ruin this season make no mistake.

RCATES

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2q9h3172 said:
People here find any reasons to bag on the Hawks and claim how every win boils down to luck. Such a simple view . The D forced 3 more turnovers and a TO on downs that gave them the opportunity to win. With these comments you would think their opponents are some kind of JV team...they are pros and every team has legit studs that will get theirs. And after al this time and you think Russ wins games because he is LUCKY....half this site chalked up a loss because it was raining. The D will be getting several key players back and I have faith John is not done with the roster. I know Rcates is a massive hater but this team is destined for big things and if you can’t enjoy the trip just take a nap already.

Going to bump this when we get blown out by the Rams. Not a hater. Season ticket holder since 07. Just don't have my head up my arse and can see whats right in front of me. A historically piss poor defense.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Hawkpower":37qonkcg said:
ddores":37qonkcg said:

To be fair, Cook is probably one of the top 3 backs in the league.

But yeah, it was tough to watch.

Mattison promptly accumulated 100+ also. Career day for him.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RCATES":fmyeuxvd said:
Flyingsquad23":fmyeuxvd said:
People here find any reasons to bag on the Hawks and claim how every win boils down to luck. Such a simple view . The D forced 3 more turnovers and a TO on downs that gave them the opportunity to win. With these comments you would think their opponents are some kind of JV team...they are pros and every team has legit studs that will get theirs. And after al this time and you think Russ wins games because he is LUCKY....half this site chalked up a loss because it was raining. The D will be getting several key players back and I have faith John is not done with the roster. I know Rcates is a massive hater but this team is destined for big things and if you can’t enjoy the trip just take a nap already.

Going to bump this when we get blown out by the Rams.

I hope you will reconsider. Rubbing it in people's faces after a loss isn't a particularly gracious move.

Maulbert

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2d1rah3d said:
RCATES":2d1rah3d said:
Flyingsquad23":2d1rah3d said:

Going to bump this when we get blown out by the Rams.

I hope you will reconsider. Rubbing it in people's faces after a loss isn't a particularly gracious move.

He'd probably get more pleasure doing that than from the Hawks beating the Rams.

PNW

Reaction score
ddores":3dtw1kf0 said:
https://www.pff.com/news/pro-exploring- ... in-the-nfl

themunn

Reaction score
All year last year we heard the Seahawks can't keep winning games like this
All offseason we heard the Seahawks can't keep winning games like that
The Seahawks are 5-0. They can't keep winning games like that.

But they did, they are, and they will.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RCATES":pqanxcuv said:
Flyingsquad23":pqanxcuv said:

Going to bump this when we get blown out by the Rams. Not a hater. Season ticket holder since 07. Just don't have my head up my arse and can see whats right in front of me. A historically piss poor defense.

Historically piss poor...but 20th in the league in points per game?

Yikes, what does that make the 12 teams worse than us (just in 2020 alone!!!!) then???

Piss poor is EVERYWHERE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Vikings had the ball for 39 minutes and 83 plays. The Seahawks defense only played for 45 seconds and 4 plays. In that time they forced two fumbles, intercepted a pass, and a 4th down stop. In the long run, it turned out that was all they really needed to do.

The defense is god awful, however, the offense is so good it forces the other team to change how they play.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Here is the problem:
Against the better teams, even with Wilson playing out of his mind, the games will be close at the end. This game was close at the end.

In this game, a late FG wins it for the Vikings. This defense loses the game if there is a minute on the clock.

I was worried they might lose it in 15 seconds. They are that bad.

This year, all defenses are struggling. Defenses are terrible, if not historically bad.

And in that atmosphere, this is literally the worst defense of all the worst defenses in terms of giving up yards and forcing punts.

We have been good on takeaways, but if we don't get the TO the other team is almost assured to score.

Do you bank on getting these TOs against the better teams in the playoffs when they have more time to prepare for you?

We are still bottom 10 in scoring defense, or close to it.

It is going to be a problem to have this good an offense and allow the defense to lose games for us. And we are going to wonder what could have been, like when we kept Bevell too long. Pete has always had a problem keeping incompetent or underproducing coordinators. This is a problem that goes back to his time at USC and followed him to the NFL. Look how long we kept Bevell.

These wins are great. But they are warnings if not harbingers of problems that will cut our time short in the playoffs. Norton continues to be the weak link here and it isn't injuries that are the issue.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
RCATES":1xivfzfz said:
Flyingsquad23":1xivfzfz said:

Ticket holder since 07 wow I’m impressed. I’ve had mine since 97 but my head has been up my “arse” I guess so I missed a lot. You want to be negative go ahead, just don’t expect anyone else to jump on your misery train. I don’t see anyone blowing the Hawks out and I believe that this D that has tons of talent will continue to get better.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2071kr98 said:
RCATES":2071kr98 said:
Flyingsquad23":2071kr98 said:

Ticket holder since 07 wow I’m impressed. I’ve had mine since 97 but my head has been up my “arse” I guess so I missed a lot. You want to be negative go ahead, just don’t expect anyone else to jump on your misery train. I don’t see anyone blowing the Hawks out and I believe that this D that has tons of talent will continue to get better.

Hang on, I'll grab my ruler.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
themunn":3e78s8xi said:

And what did that all get us? Another 2nd round exit in the playoffs. Most people can see through the smoke and mirrors and just like last season, the current success isnt going to translate into the playoffs. The defense is just to weak.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":7r6wtijq said:
themunn":7r6wtijq said:

And what did that all get us? Another 2nd round exit in the playoffs.

I don't know why people keep citing this point as if it means anything. We lost to the Packers by 5 points. Most people define a "deep" playoff run or a "real" playoff team as a team that makes the conference championship. That means that the difference between your definitions of a "fake" and "real" playoff team is...a touchdown. How does that make any sense?