How Pete designed this team

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
In a PC during the pre season Pete told us how he was designing this team. He is designing it after the 72 Dolphins. WHAT? REALLY? Oh you mean the team that didnt have a franchise QB? A team that one the Sb with a veteran back up qb that everyone thought was washed up ? And what was the 72 Dolphins record? WHAT, undefeated?

Of course the media didnt write about what Pete was talking about because they were fixated on the fact that the Seahawks didnt have a franchise Qb . Ok then ...so everybody and there beer soaked brother knows that the Seahawks have no chance of making the play offs right? So why should any nobody listen to how Pete is designing his team.? After all Everbody knows you cant win a SB without a franchise QB right?

Well that didnt seem to be the case when Russ came back to town . How did the Hawks win that game? Well just like the 72 dolpjins were winning there games exicuting 3 phases of stellar football.

Ahhhh i see Now Pete is doing it again dang it... see if your NOT doing it it like everybody else trending in the league then obviously your behind the times and not happening.. really? If you believe that then maybe you should have a descussion with Russ 😆. I dont know maybe the media should be following up on what Pete is talking about how he is designing this team because from what i can see he might be doing some really cool things with his position groups... look at whars happening with the running backs DJ Dallas and Homer, Penny.... look at whats happening with the tight end group all of these guys are contributing big time... not just the first string all of them where did this come from? Give you one guess and the media missed it.

Note : the purpose of this post is to point out how the team was designed NOT to suggest the 2022 Seahawks are as good as the 72 Dolphins.

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Lol. How did the Seahawks win that game? Two goal line fumbles and bad clock management by Denver. Not 3 phases of stellar football.

Also, do you know anything about Earl Morrall? He wasnt the starter in 72' but he was the equivalent of Steve Young coming in for Montana.

When Geno Smith can post stats similar to those, let us know.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
By scoring more points than the Bronco's. Why does it matter how it looked? The Hawks dropped TWO picks, or that game looks a lot different.
And yes, I've been ready for a change at HC, but PC had that team ready to. Period.
To add to that, I've been on Pete for a long time, BUT it has become very obvious that Russ was a big part of the breakup. Glad this is done and over.
And STOKED about that win. I don't need to deal in what if's. You either win or you don't. Hawks made the plays that mattered, Denver didn't.
This isn't the BCS. Style points don't matter one bit. The score is the only thing that matters. I guess we all look at things differently, but I'm very glad to be wrong about Geno so far.

Last edited:

Donn2390

Reaction score
Lol. How did the Seahawks win that game? Two goal line fumbles and bad clock management by Denver. Not 3 phases of stellar football.

Also, do you know anything about Earl Morrall? He wasnt the starter in 72' but he was the equivalent of Steve Young coming in for Montana.

Perhaps you missed it, Seattle won the game. The record book doesn't show what might have been.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
In a PC during the pre season Pete told us how he was designing this team. He is designing it after the 72 Dolphins. WHAT? REALLY? Oh you mean the team that didnt have a franchise QB? A team that one the Sb with a veteran back up qb that everyone thought was washed up ? And what was the 72 Dolphins record? WHAT, undefeated?

Of course the media didnt write about what Pete was talking about because they were fixated on the fact that the Seahawks didnt have a franchise Qb . Ok then ...so everybody and there beer soaked brother knows that the Seahawks have no chance of making the play offs right? So why should any nobody listen to how Pete is designing his team.? After all Everbody knows you cant win a SB without a franchise QB right?

Well that didnt seem to be the case when Russ came back to town . How did the Hawks win that game? Well just like the 72 dolpjins were winning there games exicuting 3 phases of stellar football.

Ahhhh i see Now Pete is doing it again dang it... see if your NOT doing it it like everybody else trending in the league then obviously your behind the times and not happening.. really? If you believe that then maybe you should have a descussion with Russ 😆. I dont know maybe the media should be following up on what Pete is talking about how he is designing this team because from what i can see he might be doing some really cool things with his position groups... look at whars happening with the running backs DJ Dallas and Homer, Penny.... look at whats happening with the tight end group all of these guys are contributing big time... not just the first string all of them where did this come from? Give you one guess and the media missed it.
Speaking of beer soaked…

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I genuinely can not imagine being this miserable after a fantastic win. Genuinely.

Seattle dropped two interceptable balls, as well. You can play this silly what-if game until the cows come home, but that's not how the game works. Fool's errand.

They did enough to win the game. Check the score again if you think otherwise.

Rest of your post is valid, but as usual, it starts off with you literally sounding upset that the team won.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score

As usual you completly miss the point. The point is that the Dolphins won the SB with a back up qb at the end of his career. At that point Morrall was not considered a franchise QB.

sdog1981

Reaction score
As usual you completly miss the point. The point is that the Dolphins won the SB with a back up qb at the end of his career. At that point Morrall was not considered a franchise QB.
Morrall was league MVP in 1968 so not really the same comparison.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score

I would say any time an offense that has the fire power that the Denver Broncos have gets in the red zone 4 times and your D only gives up 6 points and gets 2 turn overs on the one yard line, thats an EXTREME STELLAR DEFENSIVE PERFORMANCE.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Stats don't mean crap. You can put up 4 to 500 hundred yards, but if you don't put up points it just doesn't matter at all.
16 is the only stat that matters. That's less than 17.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I genuinely can not imagine being this miserable after a fantastic win. Genuinely.

Seattle dropped two interceptable balls, as well. You can play this silly what-if game until the cows come home, but that's not how the game works. Fool's errand.

They did enough to win the game. Check the score again if you think otherwise.

Rest of your post is valid, but as usual, it starts off with you literally sounding upset that the team won.
DJ Dallas also had a blocked punt if his hands were closer together. The ball literally went through his arms. They always talk about Football being the game of inches and on this play nothing could be more true. Imagine. Seattle blocks that punt.. Imagine Seattle get's a better spot on the 2nd drive and gets at least 3 points. There was a ton left on the field for Seattle as well as Denver. But it's irrelevant as Seattle won.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
The point that im trying to make is Carrolls use of his position groups... NOT the 2022 Seahawks are as good as the 72 Dolphins. I used the TE and RB as examples of putting players in positions to be successful as all of these players are majorly contributing and the goal is to make this work with in the whole team such as the 72 dolphins did an example of that would be the use of Larry czonka and mercury Morris...

Last edited:

Boycie

Reaction score
By scoring more points than the Bronco's. Why does it matter how it looked? The Hawks dropped TWO picks, or that game looks a lot different.
And yes, I've been ready for a change at HC, but PC had that team ready to. Period.
To add to that, I've been on Pete for a long time, BUT it has become very obvious that Russ was a big part of the breakup. Glad this is done and over.
And STOKED about that win. I don't need to deal in what if's. You either win or you don't. Hawks made the plays that mattered, Denver didn't.
This isn't the BCS. Style points don't matter one bit. The score is the only thing that matters. I guess we all look at things differently, but I'm very glad to be wrong about Geno so far.

Watching the game on Monday, one thing really stuck out, and that was Russ looked the same for them as he did for us. Example: running the play clock to 1-2 seconds or worse, not throwing over the middle, holding the ball too long, and looking to bail instead of climbing up in the pocket. I always thought it was Pete who instructed Russ this way, but from what I saw on Monday night, it looks like this is who Russ really is as a QB, and Pete tried to cater to him until enough was enough.

camdawg

Reaction score
Morrall was league MVP in 1968 so not really the same comparison.
The other point is that Bob Griese is in the NFL Hall of Fame. That would certainly mean he was a franchise QB.

The rest of the comparison is is an interesting one. There's still room in this league for a team that's good on defense and special teams.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Perhaps you missed it, Seattle won the game. The record book doesn't show what might have been.

Yeah they won a game they shouldnt have. Does that truly change your perception of them? They arent a good football team.

Ozzy

Reaction score
In today's NFL I think its almost impossible to win a SB without an elite QB. Every once in a while a team sneaks in like the Niners but they were absolutely loaded everywhere else. If you look at who makes it over the past 10 plus years it almost always a very high level QB.

Latest posts