Hypothetical Bears / Seahawks trade scenario, 2022 edition

keasley45

Reaction score
Without this turning into a bash thread, wanted to throw out a hypothetical scenario that *might actually be realistic...

So last year, the Bears were hot for Wilson, but we refuse their offer. Three first round picks, a third rounder and a player or players is what they were willing to surrender.

FF a season and they drafted a rookie starter with a ton of potential, but mixed results - a pick initiated by the outgoing regime with no guarantee that given the rest of the holes on the team, will show fruition in the coming year.

So let's say whoever the new Bears HC is comes in and decides he doesn't want his future tied to the success of a 'prospect' and wants to choose his own guy... and that guy is Russ.

If the Bears offered us Fields and 2 first rounders ('22 and '23) and a 3rd (this year), would you take it or not?

And this assumes, not predicts, that Russ has played his last game here.

This isn't meant to devolve into a, ' russ doesn't want to leave... whoever wants Russ traded is dumb, etc etc etc' session.

It assumes a hypothetical scenario where him leaving is a foregone conclusion for the sake of discussion.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
If people around here are crucifying Wilson, Fields would be hind and quartered. I wouldnt take the trade because I dont think Fields will ever be anything other than mediocre. He's from Ohio State for cripes sake.

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":35l7g3tu said:
If people around here are crucifying Wilson, Fields would be hind and quartered. I wouldnt take the trade because I dont think Fields will ever be anything other than mediocre. He's from Ohio State for cripes sake.

This^^^

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, because it's so easy to find franchise QB's. I mean, they just grow on trees.
The team will be just fine with any QB :roll:

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1fcw1o71 said:
Yeah, because it's so easy to find franchise QB's. I mean, they just grow on trees.
The team will be just fine with any QB :roll:

The spirit of the post is to entertain a hypothetical. Not to debate whether getting a franchise qb is easy.

justafan

Reaction score
I think if JS sat down to ask Jody if she is willing to eat 26 mil she would push the trap door button under her desk.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm not sold on Fields, so I'd be out on this trade. He played a full season, and only had 7 TD's and far below average on QBR and below 60% on completion percentage.

Really bad, even for a rookie.

I'd rather sign Tyler Huntley and go get three #1's from someone else. Small sample size, but I've been impressed with him in Baltimore.

Maybe not a franchise QB, but cheap and would play his ass off while we rebuild.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1xkchc7p said:
I'm not sold on Fields, so I'd be out on this trade. He played a full season, and only had 7 TD's and far below average on QBR and below 60% on completion percentage.

Really bad, even for a rookie.

I'd rather sign Tyler Huntley and go get three #1's from someone else. Small sample size, but I've been impressed with him in Baltimore.

Maybe not a franchise QB, but cheap and would play his ass off while we rebuild.

I can definitely cosign on Huntley

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I third on Huntley. Fields does nothing for me but I reeeeeally like what I am seeing out of Huntley.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't like any of the Bears QBs frankly. If they are willing to part with 2 first round picks(2022, 2023), 3rd round pick (2022) and Roquan Smith or Khalil Mack, then it might be worth considering.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":3j04rl6j said:
I third on Huntley. Fields does nothing for me but I reeeeeally like what I am seeing out of Huntley.

Huntley's going to be what's called an ERFA?

I had to look that up. It means the Ravens could resign him to a one year deal and hold his rights.

Which they will, because there's going to be a LOT of teams interested in him. So it would take some picks given up to grab Huntley.

But IMO a far better scenario than Fields and less picks.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
FYI, the Bears don’t have a first round pick this year. Used it to move up and draft Fields last year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1xcl24d7 said:
FYI, the Bears don’t have a first round pick this year. Used it to move up and draft Fields last year.

Oh that's right, they traded it to the Giants.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I would do the trade. My only hesitancy is that our front office have absolutely sucked using early picks so that’s an issue.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I know it's a hypothetical, but Pete isn't going to want to tank a season which is what we'd be doing if we traded Russ for draft picks and ate the entire dead cap on his deal.

A realistic trade needs to include expensive veteran players in return (that Pete wants) and fewer picks. That way the dead money hits can cancel out and Pete can still try to win in 2022. I don't see the Bears as an ideal candidate for this, but they could do an extension and trade with Roquan Smith. That would balance out the dead money, allow us to part ways with Bobby's 20m non-guaranteed cap hit, and still get something in the way of draft picks due to the difference in positional scarcity.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I think the Redskins are our best option by a country mile. They just need a QB to be competitive and i think they are ready to pull a big move to fill that hole.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1za755j4 said:

Fields struggling would be much more acceptable, considering his extremely low salary and Seattle getting him basically for free in this (extremely unrealistic) scenario.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":17h80p48 said:
pittpnthrs":17h80p48 said:

Fields struggling would be much more acceptable, considering his extremely low salary and Seattle getting him basically for free in this (extremely unrealistic) scenario.

And you would be willing to roll with Justin Fields?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3t4nmrbi said:
Maelstrom787":3t4nmrbi said:
pittpnthrs":3t4nmrbi said:

And you would be willing to roll with Justin Fields?

I'm personally not a huge fan, but think this would be a good spot for him.

Wouldn't be my target, but two firsts plus him? I'm down

Somos doces

Reaction score
Optimus25":7abf060n said:
I think the Redskins are our best option by a country mile. They just need a QB to be competitive and i think they are ready to pull a big move to fill that hole.
I know the Hawks' front office has made some poor decisions in recent years, but even they're not dumb enough to make a trade with a team that no longer exists.