It is finally Masters week!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawker":1hegqbqt said:
Time for El Nino to win his first major??? Hope Sergio has another great round Friday. Have always been a fan of his iron play...

I hate Garcia, he's a punk. I hope he never wins a major.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hates a strong word.I didn't like the young version of Garcia but as he has aged,I think he has changed.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":dv6acui0 said:
Hawker":dv6acui0 said:
Time for El Nino to win his first major??? Hope Sergio has another great round Friday. Have always been a fan of his iron play...

I hate Garcia, he's a punk. I hope he never wins a major.

Agree, he's a bitch.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawker":17rsbclo said:
Time for El Nino to win his first major??? Hope Sergio has another great round Friday. Have always been a fan of his iron play.

Anywho, dammit, I should have picked Spieth. Lots of other big names had a terrible first round; see: Scott, Bubba, Fowler, DJ...

Sergio will choke as always.

One more round of windy conditions, tomorrow will be really interesting considering Sunday the conditions are supposed to be perfect.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sick of looking at Spieth,I can see why he gets put on the clock a lot.I hope the old man wins it or anyone but last years winner

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1u529e9q said:
Sick of looking at Spieth,I can see why he gets put on the clock a lot.I hope the old man wins it or anyone but last years winner

If you're sick of looking at Spieth you're going to really hate the next 20 years of golf.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":qu1ivxta said:
IndyHawk":qu1ivxta said:

If you're sick of looking at Spieth you're going to really hate the next 20 years of golf.

Yep, Jordan isn't going away anytime soon.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":s08y0lj1 said:
IndyHawk":s08y0lj1 said:

Not exactly- he won't win everytime and he's not winning Sunday.Go BL!

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
What an awesome Saturday!! Ohh man Matsuyama would be right there if he didn't forget to bring his putter down the stretch. I have hated Langer for over 30 years now. Dude is a raccoon. Kaufman is gonna shoot 100 tomorrow. I'm hoping that DJ/Day pairing catches some fire and lights it up a little bit.

Spieth is just such a surgeon. I think he's going to come out on fire after what happened on 18. He showed poor Rory who was in charge yesterday. I'm just really glad that tomorrow is going to be more than a coronation round.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Did Masters Dot Org go away and be replaced with Masters Dot Com? I looked for it online and could not find an answer.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This 12th hole is nasty

CftvsNgW4AADjFN

Spieth within 2 strokes through 16. Has to birdie both holes to force the playoff

IndyHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":rpqfaolu said:
IndyHawk":rpqfaolu said:
Congrats to Dan Willett!Jordan is done.

I wouldn't say he's done, but that's a big knock to his confidence. He's certainly not lighting up the courses like he was last year. We'll see what happens.
I meant done for the match but I will say 1 year does not make a career,I know the media wants another Arnold,Jack and Tiger.I have seen a bunch come and go that they try to hype before they get anywhere near legend level.With the money and media 24/7 I doubt there will be another golfer of those likes again.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Jordan is 22, he'll bounce back. Dustin Johnson continues to hang around, but can't make that final push. He has all the talent to be the next great player, but he always seems to miss critical shots.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CPHawk":1kgwj4v7 said:
Jordan is 22, he'll bounce back. Dustin Johnson continues to hang around, but can't make that final push. He has all the talent to be the next great player, but he always seems to miss critical shots.

Johnson can't putt, has always been his Achilles Heel.

Spieth will be fine, he's already at 22 one of the most composed mentally tough players on tour. I never like to see a player meltdown like that, unless it's Sergio.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2nlgo9yu said:
IndyHawk":2nlgo9yu said:
peachesenregalia":2nlgo9yu said:
IndyHawk":2nlgo9yu said:
Congrats to Dan Willett!Jordan is done.

I wouldn't say he's done, but that's a big knock to his confidence. He's certainly not lighting up the courses like he was last year. We'll see what happens.
I meant done for the match but I will say 1 year does not make a career,I know the media wants another Arnold,Jack and Tiger.I have seen a bunch come and go that they try to hype before they get anywhere near legend level.With the money and media 24/7 I doubt there will be another golfer of those likes again.

You may be right. The media puts so much pressure on young sports stars these days, and the exposure gets to them, in my opinion. I feel like that's what happened to Rory, remains to be seen if he can get that swagger from 2 years ago back. Spieth may be suffering from the same condition.
Rory is a great example.If Jordan is so mentally tough as Largent puts it how do you blow the Masters like he did?The kid is a great putter but he is very jumpy before he shoots like he's fighting mental demons.I question as he gets older and his ego gets bigger where his caddie and swing coach cannot get through to him anymore what will he be then?There is the burnout factor ect.He is an older 22 year old and I wonder if his body is the same(older beyond years)this would bring on injuries which we have seen happen that a golfer isn't the same anymore.A lot of this is just speculation by me but these things have happened to many rising young golfers that you never hear about anymore.The mental factor is so fragile in this sport.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1rouyt1w said:
Rory is a great example.If Jordan is so mentally tough as Largent puts it how do you blow the Masters like he did?The kid is a great putter but he is very jumpy before he shoots like he's fighting mental demons.I question as he gets older and his ego gets bigger where his caddie and swing coach cannot get through to him anymore what will he be then?There is the burnout factor ect.He is an older 22 year old and I wonder if his body is the same(older beyond years)this would bring on injuries which we have seen happen that a golfer isn't the same anymore.A lot of this is just speculation by me but these things have happened to many rising young golfers that you never hear about anymore.The mental factor is so fragile in this sport.

Spieth was most definitely feeling the pressure over the weekend, doing things he never does like back off of shots and putts taking more time. He was even put on the clock Saturday for taking too long.

Even the most mentally tough golfers of all time like Nicklaus and Woods had meltdowns, hell Nicklaus won 19 majors, but came in 2nd 17 times. 17 times!

So yeah, I have no doubt Spieth, even at age 22 will bounce back. He's mature well beyond his years. His demeanor AFTER the quad bogey and after told me everything I needed to know. Calm, polite, cool and collected.............none of the mentally weak red flags you see with athletes who crap the bed.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":14yr99dg said:
I question as he gets older and his ego gets bigger where his caddie and swing coach cannot get through to him anymore what will he be then?

I doubt his ego will ever be a problem.

Subzero717

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":24wi0om3 said:
DTexHawk":24wi0om3 said:
IndyHawk":24wi0om3 said:
I question as he gets older and his ego gets bigger where his caddie and swing coach cannot get through to him anymore what will he be then?

I doubt his ego will ever be a problem.

Why's that?
He is from Texas.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk