Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!

pmedic920

Reaction score

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I think the people that don't like this trade are quickly finding themselves on an island along with the insane corona virus deniers. 150,000 dead what a complete and utter failure of leadership.

94Smith

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ij5jhzof said:
And you know the Niners were absolutely not interested because you work for the team?

No read the article. Lynch has previously admitted interest in OBJ, Khalil Mack, and said that they talked over Tom Brady this summer. He generally does not lie when it comes to reporters questions about FA and trade pursuits after the fact.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
There is also an article posted documenting that the Niners were first to submit an offer for Adams, and that offer included a first round pick.
Someone isn't telling the truth.
Doesn't matter now. Adam's is ours. We go on from here and everyone has to deal with the ramifications of that, including the Niners.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":hxurjd7z said:
I think the people that don't like this trade are quickly finding themselves on an island along with the insane corona virus deniers. 150,000 dead what a complete and utter failure of leadership.

Seriously, politics on the main page?

A-Dog

Reaction score
Speaking of politics, Lynch's denial of the 49ers rumored interest in Adams reminds me of a quote: "I did not have... sexual relations... with that woman."

94Smith

Reaction score
Appyhawk":35z637jt said:
There is also an article posted documenting that the Niners were first to submit an offer for Adams, and that offer included a first round pick.
Someone isn't telling the truth.
Doesn't matter now. Adam's is ours. We go on from here and everyone has to deal with the ramifications of that, including the Niners.

Did that article quote Lynch directly? Man you guys must think it is a slight that they did not call, but it would have been damn near impossible to fit Adams in with all the contracts that are coming due next year and the SS we have is not bad, just has been injury prone.

mikeak

Reaction score
Nunya":1ca2tm61 said:
Draft pick points:

1st round, 6th pick = 1600 points (Adam's pick by Jets)

1st Round, 22 pick = 780 points (2021 draft)
1st Round, 22 pick = 780 points (2022 draft)
3rd round, 22 pick = 160 points (2021 draft
TOTAL = 1720 points

So basically, it looks like the Seahawks broke even in the draft department. If they rank later than 22, then the deal becomes better (per draft points) for the Seahawks. If they rank earlier than 22, then the deal becomes worse.

http://www.mynfldraft.com/nfl-draft-pick-points-chart/

[/

There is good information here, but can you explain the relevance? A first round draft pick is for four + 1 years

Adams will play out his fourth year this year then likely refuse to play his fifth year option

Drafting a guy is completely different

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":14ghe74w said:
And you know the Niners were absolutely not interested because you work for the team?

No. Because they have to pay $27 million per season for a backup QB.

:179422: :179422: :49ersmall:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nunya

Reaction score
mikeak":18c67zo2 said:
Nunya":18c67zo2 said:
Draft pick points:

1st round, 6th pick = 1600 points (Adam's pick by Jets)

1st Round, 22 pick = 780 points (2021 draft)
1st Round, 22 pick = 780 points (2022 draft)
3rd round, 22 pick = 160 points (2021 draft
TOTAL = 1720 points

So basically, it looks like the Seahawks broke even in the draft department. If they rank later than 22, then the deal becomes better (per draft points) for the Seahawks. If they rank earlier than 22, then the deal becomes worse.

http://www.mynfldraft.com/nfl-draft-pick-points-chart/

[/

There is good information here, but can you explain the relevance? A first round draft pick is for four + 1 years

Adams will play out his fourth year this year then likely refuse to play his fifth year option

Drafting a guy is completely different

Very true. However, drafting someone right out of college is no guarantee that he will be successful in the NFL....no matter how high he is picked. Adam, however, has proven he is NFL material and it makes it a easier decision.

There is no good way to really compare apples to apples in this situation. We can only go with information available. Had the Seahawks traded 2 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick to move up to #6 in the draft, that would have been seen as a reasonable trade for the most part (based on points).

In regards to cap space, for 2020 we are getting a better DB for less cost to cap space. How much Adams will cost in 2021 is really irrelevant at this point.

mikeak

Reaction score
I agree that it is hard to compare. It is actually why I wonder why people keep comparing.

I disagree that what we pay in 2021 is irrelevant. If that is the case then let's judge the trade on him playing 1 year. I don't think anyone likes that scenario....

Any normal year this is a trade with a deal in place. Not knowing the cap and full extent of Covid likely held that up. The team will play Covid to the max and Adams will downplay it as much as he can.

It is a risky trade without a deal and for a season that may get cancelled. I don't really think that can be disputed. The overall value +/- won't be known until an extension is signed.

Look back at the Percy deal. The salary implications is what hurts us the most

Nunya

Reaction score
mikeak":3r2t43cs said:
I agree that it is hard to compare. It is actually why I wonder why people keep comparing.

I disagree that what we pay in 2021 is irrelevant. If that is the case then let's judge the trade on him playing 1 year. I don't think anyone likes that scenario....

Any normal year this is a trade with a deal in place. Not knowing the cap and full extent of Covid likely held that up. The team will play Covid to the max and Adams will downplay it as much as he can.

It is a risky trade without a deal and for a season that may get cancelled. I don't really think that can be disputed. The overall value +/- won't be known until an extension is signed.

Look back at the Percy deal. The salary implications is what hurts us the most

The reason I say 2021 is irrelevant is because McDougald would have been a UFA in 2021. We do not know what his cap hit would have been should he had been signed. As it is now, it has been reported that Adam's cap hit for 2021 will be $9.8 mil. If he is everything he is said to be, that is very cheap for a game changing DB.

COVID is definitely going to change things a bit. That change may be significant or it could be minor. There is really no way to plan ahead for what the impacts MAY be. One things about it, though, is it will likely impact every team pretty much the same.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Why are people talking about having Adams only 1 year? As far as I've seen his 5th year option was already activated so he's under contract for 2020 and 2021. Plus they could then possibly franchise him and get a 3rd year if push came to shove. I don't think they want to do that and that could get a little hairy if he doesn't take that well, but it is an option. At minimum he's a Seahawk for 2 years before he starts making his big money.

AgentDib

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3hmp56z4 said:
AgentDib":3hmp56z4 said:
Our defensive line appeared to completely dominate one game last season (@SF), which happened to coincide with SF having their key receiving targets injured. That's one good indication that our secondary play impacts the defensive line outcomes significantly and the causation last year went from back to front much of the time.
That was the game that Clowney practically, single handily beat the Niners himself. Guess who we havent signed?
Right, but is the causation Clowney having one outlier game? I am suggesting that it goes the other direction; the improved secondary play (against niners backup receivers) forced JimmyG to hang onto the ball which led to our entire defensive line having an excellent game. Our defensive line would have looked better in other games if opposing QBs weren't getting the ball out so easily.

DJrmb":3hmp56z4 said:
Why are people talking about having Adams only 1 year? As far as I've seen his 5th year option was already activated so he's under contract for 2020 and 2021.
The entire reason why Adams was trying to get traded was because he badly wanted out of his current contract. Before the trade was finalized we came to agreement with him that he would play 2020 on his existing salary, but he is absolutely going to want a new contract next off-season. Playing hardball with him then is an option but souring that relationship seems crazy to me for a player they traded so much capital for. Far better to work that 5th year option into the negotiation of an extension.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Which is what will happen. He'll play out 2020 under his rookie deal. And the Hawks will have a massive bargain price from him in 2020 to offset the huge contract he will get, and deserve come 2021. Say he gets a 5 year extension after 2020. Well, per year $ is actually for 6 years when you count the lower $ hit in 2020. All in how you look at it I guess, and why worry about it now?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I like it Seymour :irishdrinkers:
Anyone else almost shoot water out of their nose when they showed that Jimmy fricken G was #43 on the players list? Biggest laugh I've had in months. He's not even top 10. Most of us could easily name 10-15 guys we would rather have at QB than Jimmy G.