Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!

BASF

Reaction score
mikeak":3sijjfie said:
mikeak":3sijjfie said:
Seriously how do we not have a new deal in place? Almost zero chance he plays under his rookie 5th year deal. He will sit out. Only chance he doesn't is if Covid ends up crashing everything long term.

I mean the picks are steep payment but imagine if he plays one season on this.... And heck it is a season that may not even be played!!!!

Yes I hate that we are finding ourselves in a contentious situation, but just a reminder that there were quite a few of us in this thread that did NOT understand a blockbuster deal with a disgruntled star without a deal in place for an extension. It never made sense. We are now going to be held hostage by our picks traded away and are in a very weak negotiation position even if he doesn't end up sitting out this year.

Backpat

mikeak

Reaction score
Damn right but even more so people shouldn't just dismiss others concerns and say that because the FO did something it is golden.

They make bad decisions. We all want them to work out and the Seahawks to win the last game of the year

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":8001zxvu said:
Man we are going to be good. Our secondary is now the best in the league as a position group. SB baby!!!! People stop whining about picks.

Just rereading some of these posts. LOL

So lets see what Adams gave us last season. He was part of a defense that was on the verge of being the worst pass defense of all time until mid-season when Dunlap was signed. He was average to bad in coverage. Good tackler and had some sacks. Missed 4 games last season and is coming off multiple surgeries in the off season. Huge contract on the horizon. Yeah, great trade guys. *sigh*

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like you've already decided it was a bad trade, and that's fine. Meh, 1 year in, WAY too early to assume that.
He played his butt off. Sure the front office has made their share of swing and misses, but Adams is a game changer.
Just MY opinion, but I'm stoked to see what he does for years to come in a Hawks uniform.
And he's all of 25 years old.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":32tr1iwb said:
Sounds like you've already decided it was a bad trade, and that's fine. Meh, 1 year in, WAY too early to assume that.
He played his butt off. Sure the front office has made their share of swing and misses, but Adams is a game changer.
Just MY opinion, but I'm stoked to see what he does for years to come in a Hawks uniform.
And he's all of 25 years old.

Yeah, I thought it was an awful trade and the results are confirming that now. The defense was no better with him last season.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3sqx24ns said:
The defense isn't better when he's playing? Um...........ok

Historically bad until Dunlap arrived. Thats right, historically bad. Worse than the year before when he wasnt there. The numbers are there, all you have to do is look for yourself. The defense didnt improve until Dunlap arrived. Not Adams,,,,Dunlap.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There are differing views on Adams:

The negative view, too expensive, not worth the draft cost, needs to be traded b/c he’s supposedly not good at pass D. Nothing positive about Adams is considered relevant. Trade him now!

The positive view, although costly in terms of draft capital, he is a genuine difference maker, a chess piece, an energizer for the D, a blitz master, and a player that must be schemed to prevent him wrecking havoc on opposing QBs. As yet we don’t know how great he could be despite him being aPro Bowl player every year he’s been in the NFL. As far as the pass D he played with a broken thumb and needs to be cut some slack. He needs to be kept.

I want to see more. We have only seen a partial season. Pete sees something special in Adams, the team went all in to get him. Pete knows what a quality DB looks like. We need to recognize he is different and is a difference maker. Despite missing significant time last season to various truly significant injuries he set a league record for sacks by a SS. 9 sacks by a DB in 12.5 games is extraordinary.

I support the positive view and think despite his cost he needs to stay and be allowed to wreck havoc. The D is better with him here.

mistaowen

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":33458q14 said:
SoulfishHawk":33458q14 said:

Historically bad until Dunlap arrived. Thats right, historically bad. Worse than the year before when he wasnt there. The numbers are there, all you have to do is look for yourself. The defense didnt improve until Dunlap arrived. Not Adams,,,,Dunlap.

Yeah the strong safety was the reason for the worst defense of all time.

You literally answered your own condescending comment with the reason why the defense sucked. Cause there was zero pass rush. It's the NFL, DB is the hardest position in the whole league. If you can't get to the QB in under 5 seconds your defense sucks.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
jammerhawk":37eo405j said:
I support the positive view and think despite his cost he needs to stay and be allowed to wreck havoc. The D is better with him here.

Going by the numbers though, the D really wasnt better with him in there. The D actually regressed. I'm not denying Adams is a good player, but his presence didnt equate to a stronger defense. Sure he had 9 sacks, but while he was being used to rush the QB, the defense was getting torched through the air. Everytime he lines up and blitzes, there's one less body in the secondary and man did it show. Even when he was back there, he was getting torched too. I'm not sure how the D benefitted from that.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
mistaowen":1a9z2e6l said:
pittpnthrs":1a9z2e6l said:
SoulfishHawk":1a9z2e6l said:

You literally answered your own condescending comment with the reason why the defense sucked. Cause there was zero pass rush. It's the NFL, DB is the hardest position in the whole league. If you can't get to the QB in under 5 seconds your defense sucks.

Zero pass rush and the FO spent the world on a safety. Why? How is that a good move?

Jville

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2pyutrfp said:
mistaowen":2pyutrfp said:
pittpnthrs":2pyutrfp said:
SoulfishHawk":2pyutrfp said:

Zero pass rush and the FO spent the world on a safety. Why? How is that a good move?

Could just as well claim that the defense got better after the month November showed up and made its presence known. These posts that show up devoid of any useful acknowledgement of what a team sport consists of and how it all fits together never ceases to amaze me.

In this thread, investing in a little homework on the subject of 4-2-5 Defense Blitzes might be useful for those in pursuit of better comprehension.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It’d be a worthwhile exercise to see Adams play full season with others who can get after the QB. I believe being injured and not having a supporting cast has unfairly skewed some folks perceptions about Adams. He’s a special player and was forced to do more than he should have b/c of the absence of talent supporting him.

Don’t know the stats of last season are fair comment on the whole D. Besides it was a tale of two different Defences.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jville":2qgv42b6 said:
pittpnthrs":2qgv42b6 said:
mistaowen":2qgv42b6 said:
pittpnthrs":2qgv42b6 said:

Could just as well claim that the defense got better after the month November showed up and made its presence known. These posts that show up devoid of any useful acknowledgement of what a team sport consists of and how it all fits together never ceases to amaze me.

In this thread, investing in a little homework on the subject of 4-2-5 Defense Blitzes might be useful for those in pursuit of better comprehension.

Was that the time period in which the defense faced some of the worst QB's in the NFL? You might want to take a look at that.

Jville

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":mbickjp1 said:
Jville":mbickjp1 said:
pittpnthrs":mbickjp1 said:
mistaowen":mbickjp1 said:

Was that the time period in which the defense faced some of the worst QB's in the NFL? You might want to take a look at that.

That's fine. Some can learn and turn the page and some can't.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jville":3fin0c1r said:
pittpnthrs":3fin0c1r said:
Jville":3fin0c1r said:
pittpnthrs":3fin0c1r said:

That's fine. Some can learn and turn the page and some can't.

Yeah, some can admit that the results werent there with Adams in the lineup and some just cant bring themselves to do so due to the usual fanboyism. I understand.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As opposed to a "fan" of the Hawks who RARELY has one positive thing to say about his team? Ever???
Plenty to be critical of over the years. But I'm not sure I've ever seen you say one good word about the team.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1m1s2tdo said:
As opposed to a "fan" of the Hawks who RARELY has one positive thing to say about his team? Ever???
Plenty to be critical of over the years. But I'm not sure I've ever seen you say one good word about the team.

Truth, sadly.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1vj9ocrx said:

Guess you havent paid attention then. Doesnt matter what kind of a fan you are I guess, the evidence of the defense with Adams is out there for all to see. Its not great.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Incorrect, but believe what you want. The entire team played with more energy WITH him in there, period. They don't win the Rams game to clinch the division w/out his huge play.
Go Hawks