Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1lkagyrm said:
Incorrect, but believe what you want. The entire team played with more energy WITH him in there, period. They don't win the Rams game to clinch the division w/out his huge play.
Go Hawks

The team can play with all the energy they want, but if they dont have the talent to win, they wont. The Seahawks defense with Adams was on course to give up the most passing yardage of any team in the NFL ever,,,,,,,,,EVER. It wasnt until mid season with the pickup of Dunlap and a cream puff schedule against bottom tier QBs that the defense started to appear average. Period.

One play against the Rams in the regular season doesnt equate to the loss of 2 first rounders, a 3rd, a player, and an upcoming monster contract. Especially when you look at how well the team did in the post season. Again,,,,terrible trade.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fine. The team sucks. Adams Sucks. Russ Sucks. Pete Sucks. The Front Office Sucks.

Better?
Honest question, why do you even watch the team? Seriously

potatohead33

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2a924t6c said:
mistaowen":2a924t6c said:
pittpnthrs":2a924t6c said:
SoulfishHawk":2a924t6c said:
The defense isn't better when he's playing? Um...........ok

Historically bad until Dunlap arrived. Thats right, historically bad. Worse than the year before when he wasnt there. The numbers are there, all you have to do is look for yourself. The defense didnt improve until Dunlap arrived. Not Adams,,,,Dunlap.

Yeah the strong safety was the reason for the worst defense of all time.

You literally answered your own condescending comment with the reason why the defense sucked. Cause there was zero pass rush. It's the NFL, DB is the hardest position in the whole league. If you can't get to the QB in under 5 seconds your defense sucks.

Zero pass rush and the FO spent the world on a safety. Why? How is that a good move?

He had 9.5 sacks in 12 games. Would you have rather had Clowney?

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3lhefelv said:
Fine. The team sucks. Adams Sucks. Russ Sucks. Pete Sucks. The Front Office Sucks.

Better?

Curious to hear the answer(s). :snack:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If there was going to be any chance at this team getting over the hump and winning a divisional playoff game - it was going to be by adding Adams.

Carroll is a defensive-minded HC. While we have the pieces to be a great offense, we don't have the will and the plan to deliver it successfully. We certainly don't have the commitment from the FO. So it had to be defense.

Fixing the safeties and bringing a supposedly good if not great (though not great or even good) CB on paper gave us a great secondary. Fixing the DL was not an option because DL are expensive. As it was, we got Carlos - one of the best pass rushers we had in years.

If there was any chance that Carroll could win anything in the playoffs again, besides a wildcard it had to be with this kind of move.

In hindsight? Sure, maybe a bad move (though we would likely have squandered those firsts on garbage anyway...)

But that was literally the only way Carroll was going to win anything of note in the playoffs again. That it failed speaks more to Carroll's upside than anything else. Because Carlos and Adams did help this defense, (that Washington CB sucked dead wet squirrels though)

The Adams move was a swing for the fences in a year we thought we had a chance.

And we did. A bunch of people on other teams got injured and we won the division.

We just squandered it. But we had the best chance we had in years to actually win something in the playoffs.

It wasn't a bad deal if we had advanced, that was the point. Just a bad deal now because we didn't take advantage of that chance and now we probably cannot keep him. But guys like Carlos and Adams were key to getting us to the division win.

It wasn't like it didn't work.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
This team was built by outstanding drafting and a few low cost trades. We have flipped that on its head and have been throwing away draft picks for expensive players that so far haven't really worked out for the most part.
Scoffing at the draft capitol spent is ludicrous. Its how this team became so good in the first place.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":102rm3ko said:

Better?

Like anything else in the sports world, its entertainment. Its fun to watch, but I dont kid myself about having any expectations for them. I'm a fan, but I dont let that blind me as to whats going on.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
potatohead33":gw0fyo3d said:
pittpnthrs":gw0fyo3d said:
mistaowen":gw0fyo3d said:
pittpnthrs":gw0fyo3d said:
Historically bad until Dunlap arrived. Thats right, historically bad. Worse than the year before when he wasnt there. The numbers are there, all you have to do is look for yourself. The defense didnt improve until Dunlap arrived. Not Adams,,,,Dunlap.

Yeah the strong safety was the reason for the worst defense of all time.

You literally answered your own condescending comment with the reason why the defense sucked. Cause there was zero pass rush. It's the NFL, DB is the hardest position in the whole league. If you can't get to the QB in under 5 seconds your defense sucks.

Zero pass rush and the FO spent the world on a safety. Why? How is that a good move?

He had 9.5 sacks in 12 games. Would you have rather had Clowney?

He had 9.5 sacks while the opposing QB's were averaging 400 yards passing a game. How important were those sacks?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":ossd7xoa said:
If there was going to be any chance at this team getting over the hump and winning a divisional playoff game - it was going to be by adding Adams.

Carroll is a defensive-minded HC. While we have the pieces to be a great offense, we don't have the will and the plan to deliver it successfully. We certainly don't have the commitment from the FO. So it had to be defense.

Fixing the safeties and bringing a supposedly good if not great (though not great or even good) CB on paper gave us a great secondary. Fixing the DL was not an option because DL are expensive. As it was, we got Carlos - one of the best pass rushers we had in years.

If there was any chance that Carroll could win anything in the playoffs again, besides a wildcard it had to be with this kind of move.

In hindsight? Sure, maybe a bad move (though we would likely have squandered those firsts on garbage anyway...)

But that was literally the only way Carroll was going to win anything of note in the playoffs again. That it failed speaks more to Carroll's upside than anything else. Because Carlos and Adams did help this defense, (that Washington CB sucked dead wet squirrels though)

The Adams move was a swing for the fences in a year we thought we had a chance.

And we did. A bunch of people on other teams got injured and we won the division.

We just squandered it. But we had the best chance we had in years to actually win something in the playoffs.

It wasn't a bad deal if we had advanced, that was the point. Just a bad deal now because we didn't take advantage of that chance and now we probably cannot keep him. But guys like Carlos and Adams were key to getting us to the division win.

It wasn't like it didn't work.

Twisted, how did it work? Carroll once again got outcoached in the post season so it was all for nothing.

Maulbert

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1p5ozh14 said:
SoulfishHawk":1p5ozh14 said:

Better?

Like anything else in the sports world, its entertainment. Its fun to watch, but I dont kid myself about having any expectations for them. I'm a fan, but I dont let that blind me as to whats going on.

If you really believed that, you wouldn't be on a Seahawks message board every day bitching about every goddamn decision the team made. You're not happy unless you're pissing in every one else's cereal. You make this place utterly miserable.

Go ahead and ban me for saying this, mods. I can barely stand this place anymore because of people like this twit making this place insufferable. This place has turned into a shithole.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That is the point Pitt.

Losing in the playoffs had little if anything to do with Adams (though Adams was probably playing hurt because Carroll was a moron trying to win that 49ers game. He deserved to lose the Rams game just for that.)

We lost because Carroll is a garbage strategist. Not because Adams did not help.

Adams and Dunlap, with one of the worst DCs in the league, still helped this team to win the division and go into the playoffs with homefield advantage.

The failure wasn't on paying too much for Adams.

It was more that Carroll decided to shift to his version of MartyBall for the latter 1/2 of the season. And that Carroll goes into playoff games unprepared regularly.

Carroll is one of the worst tactical and strategic minds in the NFL right now. His value is as a developer of talent, scout of same, and an incredible motivator. He gets people to run through walls for him. But that only works for so long.
(He also builds great organizations, but they come riddled with enough nepotism and favoritism to hold it back)

The trade for Adams was still the best chance we had to win a divisional game in the playoffs.

Despite one of the more inept DCs in the game, and a HC that is nothing but a glorified cheerleader on gameday(if not a net negative) - we won the division and had our divisional playoff game in Seattle. The only time since the SB loss I think? (maybe once more? can't recall)

That is probably the closest Carroll will ever again come to winning a divisional playoff game as an NFL HC, certainly as a Seahawk HC. He just screwed it up. That is on Carroll, not Adams. Considering our worthless injured CB we traded for, Adams actually produced even while injured. He missed a few potential picks, sure, but again....he was injured.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maulbert":3coszju7 said:
pittpnthrs":3coszju7 said:
SoulfishHawk":3coszju7 said:

Better?

If you really believed that, you wouldn't be on a Seahawks message board every day b!@ch about every goddamn decision the team made. You're not happy unless you're pissing in every one else's cereal. You make this place utterly miserable.

Go ahead and ban me for saying this, mods. I can barely stand this place anymore because of people like this twit making this place insufferable. This place has turned into a $h!t.

Dude, drink some warm milk or something. Sorry people have differing opinions to yours on a public forum. How dare that happen.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1ue9jvi1 said:
That is the point Pitt.

Losing in the playoffs had little if anything to do with Adams (though Adams was probably playing hurt because Carroll was a moron trying to win that 49ers game. He deserved to lose the Rams game just for that.)

We lost because Carroll is a garbage strategist. Not because Adams did not help.

Adams and Dunlap, with one of the worst DCs in the league, still helped this team to win the division and go into the playoffs with homefield advantage.

The failure wasn't on paying too much for Adams.

It was more that Carroll decided to shift to his version of MartyBall for the latter 1/2 of the season. And that Carroll goes into playoff games unprepared regularly.

Carroll is one of the worst tactical and strategic minds in the NFL right now. His value is as a developer of talent, scout of same, and an incredible motivator. He gets people to run through walls for him. But that only works for so long.
(He also builds great organizations, but they come riddled with enough nepotism and favoritism to hold it back)

The trade for Adams was still the best chance we had to win a divisional game in the playoffs.

Despite one of the more inept DCs in the game, and a HC that is nothing but a glorified cheerleader on gameday(if not a net negative) - we won the division and had our divisional playoff game in Seattle. The only time since the SB loss I think? (maybe once more? can't recall)

That is probably the closest Carroll will ever again come to winning a divisional playoff game as an NFL HC, certainly as a Seahawk HC. He just screwed it up. That is on Carroll, not Adams. Considering our worthless injured CB we traded for, Adams actually produced even while injured. He missed a few potential picks, sure, but again....he was injured.

I'm not criticizing Adams play, i'm just stating his addition didnt and wont change anything. Ok, Seattle won the division due to a cakewalk schedule and injuries to other teams, but did anybody actually believe they would do anything at all in the post season? Was anybody surprised at all that they lost at home to a depleted Rams team? I watched every game last season, no surprise to me.

The failure for giving to much for Adams wont be felt for another year or so, but its coming.

Maulbert

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":kwllqv2n said:
Maulbert":kwllqv2n said:
pittpnthrs":kwllqv2n said:
SoulfishHawk":kwllqv2n said:

Better?

If you really believed that, you wouldn't be on a Seahawks message board every day b!@ch about every goddamn decision the team made. You're not happy unless you're pissing in every one else's cereal. You make this place utterly miserable.

Go ahead and ban me for saying this, mods. I can barely stand this place anymore because of people like this twit making this place insufferable. This place has turned into a $h!t.

Dude, drink some warm milk or something. Sorry people have differing opinions to yours on a public forum. How dare that happen.

It's not your opinion. It's the fact that you come in with absolutely nothing constructive to take the same dump in every goddamn thread on here. Your a goddamn vulture, and I'm sick of it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Here is the problem Pitt.

Is there ANY realistically possible trade we could have done last year that would have made a difference? Even in hindsight? (not but not knowing our CB or our FS would be terrible)

Not sure there was. No move would have won us the game against the Rams, because the reason was lost to the Rams was not a roster issue. It was because we came in unprepared and we tried to force Wilson to play a type of football we hadn't really played for almost a half year.

It might have been because we kept Wilson in the pocket against withering pressure by the Rams, and he predictably struggled. And it could have been because we were still trying to throw long when we couldn't protect him.

It wasn't because Adams wasn't good enough. Or didn't contribute.

You trade for a guy like Adams because they are worth taking the risk in order to go deeper in the playoffs. We had that chance and even were set up for that success. But Carroll is the NFL version of Doc Rivers and all that entails.

Guys like Maulbert and Maelstrom get angry because complaints about Carroll keep popping up in thread after thread. But if you have a root problem, then trying to figure out what is wrong with the leaves, fruit, flowers, bark, etc....usually stems from that.

We are picked third in our division for a reason. Even though we have the better QB. Even though nobody even knows what is going on with the 49ers QB. Because they have the better coaches. Adams will not fix that.

He was, however, our best shot. Our best shot was to win the division, get the home stadium, and leverage Wilson to make a deep run. We got the division and home games, and some of those wins to get us there were directly the result of adding guys like Adams and Dunlap.

The other question is, if you don't get Adams, do you really think those 1sts we lost would even matter? What is our record with turning 1sts into players that contribute immediately or even as valuable starters?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maulbert":3w4awsyw said:
It's not your opinion. It's the fact that you come in with absolutely nothing constructive to take the same dump in every goddamn thread on here. Your a goddamn vulture, and I'm sick of it.

It is my opinion, its just that its not the same as yours and you cant handle that for some reason. When the team has been stuck in the same cycle for the past 6 years, criticism should be expected.

If you cant handle mine or others posts, my advise to you is to not read them. Its not hard.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":jfab5vj7 said:
No Expectations? Now THAT is funny.
I'll leave it at that.........

My expectations are a good regular season, probable playoff appearance, and the typical early playoff exit. Thats been the story for the past 5 years and I dont see that changing until theres a new head coach.