Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!

A-Dog

Reaction score
Great trade

McDougald was a potential cap casualty, decent player but nothing special.

Getting a 4th rounder back for the 3rd, not a huge deal.

So essentially we are giving up two late first round Covid-era draft picks for the best safety in the NFL at a very young age who will be the leader, tone-setter, and ultimate chess piece from day one. Two more years left on his rookie deal then there’s the franchise tag. No urgency to sign him to a massive deal for at least another year. Is there even going to be college football this year?

Adams will end up in the HOF and the Seahawks have dramatically increased their odds of one or more championships.

The LOB is officially back.

[youtube]fjED7LRBbrM[/youtube]

jmahon316

Reaction score
Adams is a great player, but when you trade THAT MUCH DRAFT CAPITAL WHEN HE STILL NEEDS TO BE SIGNED IS ABSURD.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Huge price for a huge talent. Interesting enough wasn’t the 2 firsts that annoyed me in this trade but the 3rd.
They usually piss away their firsts anyway. I hope they have a plan.

acer1240

Reaction score
jmahon316":2zumzi8p said:
Adams is a good player, but when you trade THAT MUCH DRAFT CAPITAL WHEN HE STILL NEEDS TO BE SIGNED IS ABSURD.

He's a sure thing. And young.

This is a great move.

acer1240

Reaction score
pmedic920":1x6sbx89 said:
Like, no, I love the player.

Seems like a very heavy price tag.

Holy Catfish

It does, but this dude is the real deal Pmed.

Russ got his wish.

John63

Reaction score
So again who is pass blocking and who is pass rushing?

Reaction score
It’s not like we ever draft in the 1st round anyways and if we do they are busts so good trade imo, would of liked to keep McDougald though. Obviously they aren’t sure about Dunbars availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
acer1240":273kjitz said:
pmedic920":273kjitz said:

Holy Catfish

Russ got his wish.

not really were is pass rush? were is pass blocking and were is another weapon on offense? Unless they get Gordon back and a pass rusher Wilson did not get his wish.

Safety is great but not when the QB has forever to throw.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Man that’s steep.

It begs the question how Pete and John see the impact of Covid on the next couple drafts.

Rat

Reaction score
John63":3lwrxcgy said:
So again who is pass blocking and who is pass rushing?
Adams is a phenomenal pass rusher.

This is an elite player, he will transform the defense. I don’t care where his position was on our list of needs.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
We massively overpaid for a guy fighting his way off his team and constantly complaining. Cant see how this could go wrong. Compare this trade to Minkah Fitzpatrick last year. We paid a ton more in draft capital plus we gave them Mcdougald who is a good player.

I may finally be ready for regime change. This reeks of desperation and all in attitude for the next 2 years. Not at all a win forever move.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Man we are going to be good. Our secondary is now the best in the league as a position group. SB baby!!!! People stop whining about picks.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Well, sounds like they finally listened to this board regarding 1st round ineptitude.

Dude is a complete baller, no doubt.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seriously how do we not have a new deal in place? Almost zero chance he plays under his rookie 5th year deal. He will sit out. Only chance he doesn't is if Covid ends up crashing everything long term.

I mean the picks are steep payment but imagine if he plays one season on this.... And heck it is a season that may not even be played!!!!

pmedic920

Reaction score
acer1240":1v57x96g said:
pmedic920":1v57x96g said:

Holy Catfish

Russ got his wish.

I’m aware.

That’s why I backed off of “like”,and went with “love”.

I’m stoked but we still need to get a signature on a contract.

It’s going to get even more expensive, and I’m torn.
Offer big money for a long time, or go the other direction.

This is one of those deals that an injury could be devastating.

My fingers are crossed.

Rat

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3mbdxick said:
We massively overpaid for a guy fighting his way off his team and constantly complaining. Cant see how this could go wrong. Compare this trade to Minkah Fitzpatrick last year. We paid a ton more in draft capital plus we gave them Mcdougald who is a good player.

I may finally be ready for regime change. This reeks of desperation and all in attitude for the next 2 years. Not at all a win forever move.
His distractions have been small potatoes. I imagine he will be very happy here.

jmahon316

Reaction score
mikeak":1p051y4o said:
Seriously how do we not have a new deal in place? Almost zero chance he plays under his rookie 5th year deal. He will sit out. Only chance he doesn't is if Covid ends up crashing everything long term.

I mean the picks are steep payment but imagine if he plays one season on this.... And heck it is a season that may not even be played!!!!

Look at the bigger picture. We spent a 2nd round pic on M. Blair to be a backup to Adams? Are you happy with that considering we spent 2 first rounders on Adams? SAFETY WAS NOT A NECESSITY THIS YEAR. Am I the only one thinking long-term and expenses paid?!?

AND WITH A NON-GUARANTEED CONTRACT TOO