Jay Glazer reports Brock Purdy is now the 49ers permanent starter

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Moving forward into next season even if Jimmy G and Trey Lance are healthy Purdy will be the starter. That leaves a backup that costed them a multitude of high end draft capital and a quarterback that runs a 4.92 forty (Lance) and can’t throw dimes or can’t play in rain. The hilarity is he doesn’t even have any trade value

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
They might win the Superbowl this year so I dunno how hilarious it is.
They’re not beating KC or Buffalo but they’ll more than likely beat Dallas. Prescott isn’t all that great in the playoffs but I can see Lamb also abusing Ward in the Dallas game Still funny to me though lol that’s just an insane amount of wasted draft capital and if they fail to win a Super Bowl this year they’re screwed. Their draft capital and cap situation is pathetic. I think the league felt sorry for them and gave them a 3rd compensatory pick for McDaniel because he said he was part black

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Moving forward into next season even if Jimmy G and Trey Lance are healthy Purdy will be the starter. That leaves a backup that costed them a multitude of high end draft capital and a quarterback that runs a 4.92 forty (Lance) and can’t throw dimes or can’t play in rain. The hilarity is he doesn’t even have any trade value
Share where you got Lance runs a 4.92 forty. Interested to see why you think that is true.

The Dirty Dozen Fan

Reaction score
You just can't let this go can you ? Do you even sleep at night knowing how ludicrous your obsession with Lance has got ? The only hilarity in all of this is your nonstop ranting about Trey. OK he sucks according to you and he can't run. Just keep telling yourself that.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Basically they made bad moves with Lance and Jimmy G.

And then got EXTREMELY lucky with Purdy.

With his limited tape, he looks to be a gamer, but will see how he does against top defenses.

NoGain

Reaction score
I don't see the 49ers falling off a cliff after this season. Why? They've got a good supply of talent at decent ages, and their QB situation is bargain basement for a few years to come. Sure, they moved draft capital to get who they thought was a quality QB on a rookie contract. I'd like to think we'd do the same if we felt the same way about a QB in future drafts.

And they have one of the best coaches in the league.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Bosworth, Flynn, Harvin, Graham, Clowney, Blair, Adams, MacDowell, Eskridge.

Marvin49

Reaction score

So...

49ers top pick QB last year suffered a season ending injury in week 2, and the 49ers are getting astounding production from a 7th round QB and are playing a home game in the divisional round of the playoffs this weekend after beating your team for the third time this year by average score of 30-14....

...and you think this is....bad for Niner fans.

Interesting.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
They’re not beating KC or Buffalo but they’ll more than likely beat Dallas. Prescott isn’t all that great in the playoffs but I can see Lamb also abusing Ward in the Dallas game Still funny to me though lol that’s just an insane amount of wasted draft capital and if they fail to win a Super Bowl this year they’re screwed. Their draft capital and cap situation is pathetic. I think the league felt sorry for them and gave them a 3rd compensatory pick for McDaniel because he said he was part black
and how do you know this/?

Marvin49

Reaction score

I mean honestly, I dunno if they win another game this year, but they are on a freakin 11 game winning streak and host a playoff game in Divisional round this weekend and this guy (OP) think Niner fans are gonna give a rats a$$ about the draft picks they game up for Lance or what happens next year?

Please.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I mean honestly, I dunno if they win another game this year, but they are on a freakin 11 game winning streak and host a playoff game in Divisional round this weekend and this guy (OP) think Niner fans are gonna give a rats a$$ about the draft picks they game up for Lance or what happens next year?

Please.
The 49ers have great chemistry going with Purdy and CMC and that defense is nasty. They beat us 3 times and a bunch of scrubby teams. We’re a mediocre squad with holes all over the roster. The 49ers are a veteran playoff team the expectation there is Super Bowl win or bust and KC schooled them. I think Dallas matches up well tbh and might win. Last year Dallas made a multitude of mistakes when they played I doubt they do it again. Basically whoever wins the turnover battle wins.

knownone

Reaction score
The Niners have also played the easiest schedule in the NFL during their winning streak. But they can't bench Purdy until they start losing. He's earned the position, and swapping Purdy out for Lance could create a schism in the locker room if Lance fails to deliver.

With that said, I don't think Purdy is their long-term option at QB. His skill set is a significant limitation. And at best, he's probably Jeff Garcia-Esque, which is not a bad situation to be in but also not ideal for sustained success because he'll be very reliant on the weapons around him.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The 49ers have great chemistry going with Purdy and CMC and that defense is nasty. They beat us 3 times and a bunch of scrubby teams. We’re a mediocre squad with holes all over the roster. The 49ers are a veteran playoff team the expectation there is Super Bowl win or bust and KC schooled them. I think Dallas matches up well tbh and might win. Last year Dallas made a multitude of mistakes when they played I doubt they do it again. Basically whoever wins the turnover battle wins.

That really has nothing to do with my point.

Let me try again...

You are painting this picture like 49er fans should be upset about the Lance situation. In fact, seems the national media keeps trying to push that.

Let me set it straight here. Lance is out for the year. He's a complete non-factor this season. In the meantime, they have a guy they took in the 7th round playing GREAT, they have a 5th rounder from last year who just made first team all pro, a 5th rounder from THIS year is a starter at guard and looks like a keeper, and despite giving up all the picks they gave up for Lance and CMC, they are on course to have ELEVEN picks this offseason (three are 3rd rounders. They just got another for Ran Carthon leaving). ALL of them are also now tradable.

I dunno what happens in coming weeks. What I DO know is I never saw them as a "Super Bowl or Bust" team. They went into the year with first time starter who would surely be taking his lumps. Then they went back to Jimmy. Now Purdy.

Can they win it all? Sure they can. Will they? That's why they play the games. Anything can happen.

What I really couldn't give 2 sh*ts about right now is how much they traded for Trey Lance. There are like 20 NFL teams right now who would give all that up to be playing this weekend.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The Niners have also played the easiest schedule in the NFL during their winning streak. But they can't bench Purdy until they start losing. He's earned the position, and swapping Purdy out for Lance could create a schism in the locker room if Lance fails to deliver.

With that said, I don't think Purdy is their long-term option at QB. His skill set is a significant limitation. And at best, he's probably Jeff Garcia-Esque, which is not a bad situation to be in but also not ideal for sustained success because he'll be very reliant on the weapons around him.

Fair RE SoS...but Niners aren't the Vikings winning 1 score games. They led the NFL in point differential. They are doing what good teams are supposed to do...crushing inferior opponents.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Dude no. McDaniels Has a black parent hence he is considered Black when it comes to the Rooney rule.