Jay Glazer reports Brock Purdy is now the 49ers permanent starter

rjdriver

Reaction score
I mean honestly, I dunno if they win another game this year, but they are on a freakin 11 game winning streak and host a playoff game in Divisional round this weekend
But you couldn't lose to the freaking Broncos ensuring us a top 3 pick...

Thanks a lot. It's like we got beat 4 times in a season to the same team.

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
They’re not beating KC or Buffalo but they’ll more than likely beat Dallas. Prescott isn’t all that great in the playoffs but I can see Lamb also abusing Ward in the Dallas game Still funny to me though lol that’s just an insane amount of wasted draft capital and if they fail to win a Super Bowl this year they’re screwed. Their draft capital and cap situation is pathetic. I think the league felt sorry for them and gave them a 3rd compensatory pick for McDaniel because he said he was part black
I bet you also claimed that Brock Purdy wouldn't beat the Seahawks.

Yeah

94Smith

Reaction score
Frodo you never fail to disappoint

Personally I was concerned at qb going into this season with Lance at qb. Then when we signed Jimmy I thought at least we have insurance.

When Jimmy went down I was defeated . We were screwed. But Purdy has been a revelation

Purdy has statistically been the best qb in the league during his span. Yes better than mahomes statistically.

I don’t give a rats ass about the draft capital we gave up. It’s a sunk cost. Gone no matter if Lance panned out or not. But now Purdy has panned out so we have a qb. No matter what we have a qb that will work

The draft capital expenditure is done after this year even with the cmc trade. We have a full suite of picks in 2024. We have money to spend on free agents. The only position we are aged at is LT.

Frodo I will make a bet right now that 49ers will finish with a better record than Seahawks in 2023. Put your money where your mouth is. 100 usd . You are so confident this is the end for SF prove it. You didn’t take the bet when I offered it at the start of the season this year.

Seahawks have questions once again a qb. Will they draft a qb or sign geno? And their defense needs to hit on 3 players to be in the same league as us. WR, RB corners , safety , some pieces on online. But major deficiencies at DLine , LB. My suspicion is it will take 2 years

Last edited:

94Smith

Reaction score
And if you think it is guaranteed your defense will improve with multiple first rounders I can assure you it is not. For every Bosa, Buckner, Armstead, and ward there are Thomas’ , Kinlaws, and Fosters. All consensus first rounders

94Smith

Reaction score
I think Seahawks fans have more to worry about at QB than 49ers. You could draft a qb , always a crap shoot.

Geno looked all world to start the season but down the stretch was turnover prone . I would venture to guess in the last 6 games and playoffs his stats did not vary much from the likes of Goff, Cousins, Carr , Garoppolo. Perhaps worse.

Which Geno is Geno? Do you want to invest 20 -25 million plus in a qb that could be just average. Roll the dice with a rookie. Both?

His qbr from Dec 11 onwards averaged 86.5 per game with 10 tds and 6 int . 18.7 ppg. Not exactly stellar. You fell backwards into the playoffs. Is this old geno coming back?

Last edited:

Jac

Reaction score
And if you think it is guaranteed your defense will improve with multiple first rounders I can assure you it is not. For every Bosa, Buckner, Armstead, and ward there are Thomas’ , Kinlaws, and Fosters. All consensus first rounders
If we're talking about 2023, that's fair. But it's not feasible to predict longer-term defensive dominance (I've seen other 49er fans make the assumption that a dominant defense is a given). Coaches leave, personnel executives leave, free agents leave, players quickly age, draft picks don't work out, etc. What feels like a dynasty is more likely to quickly unravel.

94Smith

Reaction score
If we're talking about 2023, that's fair. But it's not feasible to predict longer-term defensive dominance (I've seen other 49er fans make the assumption that a dominant defense is a given). Coaches leave, personnel executives leave, free agents leave, players quickly age, draft picks don't work out, etc. What feels like a dynasty is more likely to quickly unravel.
No team is a dynasty until they start to win superbowls. But the 49ers will have basically the same personnel next year on defense as there are no major free agents. The DC is going to be different but the transfer from Saleh to Demeco was seamless

Jac

Reaction score
No team is a dynasty until they start to win superbowls. But the 49ers will have basically the same personnel next year on defense as there are no major free agents. The DC is going to be different but the transfer from Saleh to Demeco was seamless
Yes, the 49ers will certainly be the NFC W favorite in 2023 and in the NFC's upper echelon. But it's seamless until it's not. It's amazing how quickly a roster and coaching staff can decay, particularly when other teams really start targeting a successful team's executive/coaching/player talent.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I think Seahawks fans have more to worry about at QB than 49ers. You could draft a qb , always a crap shoot.

Geno looked all world to start the season but down the stretch was turnover prone . I would venture to guess in the last 6 games and playoffs his stats did not vary much from the likes of Goff, Cousins, Carr , Garoppolo. Perhaps worse.

Which Geno is Geno? Do you want to invest 20 -25 million plus in a qb that could be just average. Roll the dice with a rookie. Both?

His qbr from Dec 11 onwards averaged 86.5 per game with 10 tds and 6 int . 18.7 ppg. Not exactly stellar. You fell backwards into the playoffs. Is this old geno coming back?

The problem with a high drafted qb is that they’re mostly going to suck the first year You start them. So if that’s the Hawks plan, they have to pay someone 15m to 20m as a bridge anyway.

Remember just before JimmyG’s injury that the Niners said the door was still open to his coming back? That indicated to me that they weren’t 100 percent confident in Lance … going into his third year.

So if we go get qbotf, we need to have a Jimmy, too.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
The problem with a high drafted qb is that they’re mostly going to suck the first year You start them. So if that’s the Hawks plan, they have to pay someone 15m to 20m as a bridge anyway.
Why? Hawks committed to 3.5 - 7m this year and a lot of people thought it was an overpay when inked.
So if we go get qbotf, we need to have a Jimmy, too.
9ers needed to because they were a legit contender. Sadly the Hawks won’t be for a couple years best case scenario.

Marvin49

Reaction score

Possibly...but I heard the same thing when Saleh and McDaniels left. You know, the "REAL geniuses".

I think fans need to wrap their heads around the fact that Kyle and the 49ers are good at selecting coaches and execs and thats why they keep losing them. That also gets seen around the league which can make the 49ers a destination for coaches/execs who want to move up.

The 49ers have gotten draft picks for losing minority coaches/GMs every single year of the rules existence.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Why? Hawks committed to 3.5 - 7m this year and a lot of people thought it was an overpay when inked.

9ers needed to because they were a legit contender. Sadly the Hawks won’t be for a couple years best case scenario.

Just gonna say this about QBOTF...

...One of the reasons everyone seems to think Trey Lance is a bust is that he couldn't overtake Jimmy last year. Having him sit though was the plan all along.

Its been quoted by coaches in NY that one of the reasons Wilson has struggled so much is that they DIDN'T sit him his rookie year.

So which is it?

Personally I think if you can sit a guy, do it.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Just gonna say this about QBOTF...

...One of the reasons everyone seems to think Trey Lance is a bust is that he couldn't overtake Jimmy last year. Having him sit though was the plan all along.

Its been quoted by coaches in NY that one of the reasons Wilson has struggled so much is that they DIDN'T sit him his rookie year.

So which is it?

Personally I think if you can sit a guy, do it.
Sure, not arguing that. Just saying that Seattle has no need to pay for even a middle of the pack QB to bridge.

The roster isn’t good enough for the talent level between a 5m vs a 20-30m QB to make a difference.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think it's hilarious at all. Clearly he's the best choice of the 3.

I think that's more of an indictment on the other two, then the talent of Purdy.

He's got some savvy and toughness for sure, but he throws the football like a limp noodle.

But like others are saying, with the insane talent around him, and with the #1 defense in the entire league? All he has to do is checkdown Charlie all game and he'll be fine.

SF49r

Reaction score
I hope so, watching lance was just like watching Krappernick all over again. Hopefully they keep him for a couple gadget plays a game tho