Let the meltdown begjn

chris98251

Reaction score
JustTheTip":x3oda5bf said:
Reaneypark":x3oda5bf said:
This team is not going to challenge for the division and will likely miss the playoffs. It feels like this is the beginning of the end.

The beginning of the end was SB49. We are closer to the end of the end now I think.

Doubtful, Pete and John have traded capital needed to rebuild for a quick fix and what looks like a short term push for a last hurrah.

To get that back we have to trade players and get the good end of the deal to re stock, Metcalf, Lockett, Wilson, Adams, Diggs, Carson, Dissly etc and then with that stock draft and limit the misses. So three years if we start right away and get lucky also.

taylorvon29

Reaction score
Y'all argue about nothing. Carroll needs to go. He has not a prayer on how defense should be ran. This much should evident with Ken. If you're investing 2 first round picks into a SAFETY maybe actually hire a DC who can run a 3-4

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

kf3339

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":8h5wg61y said:
HawkNuts":8h5wg61y said:
pittpnthrs":8h5wg61y said:
R-E-L-A-X

(yeah right)
Time to go back to whatever team you cheer for that is winning now. You’re clearly not a Seahawks fan.

How about the Browns? They look good so far. You can spread some of your winning personality over at the Browns forum.

Your just upset because i've been right for so long arent you?

Oh come on now, just "R-E-L-A-X" will you? :3-1: :lol: :irishdrinkers: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off:

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
taylorvon29":1nf1yhms said:
Y'all argue about nothing. Carroll needs to go. He has not a prayer on how defense should be ran. This much should evident with Ken. If you're investing 2 first round picks into a SAFETY maybe actually hire a DC who can run a 3-4

Maybe that's his problem, he's ranning the defense instead of running it

taylorvon29

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":123t6v20 said:
taylorvon29":123t6v20 said:

Possibly. I think he's just a bad manager of capital. But I could see how proper usage of tense in the English language could trip you up

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
taylorvon29":5odztuc8 said:
OrangeGravy":5odztuc8 said:
taylorvon29":5odztuc8 said:

Possibly. I think he's just a bad manager of capital. But I could see how proper usage of tense in the English language could trip you up

Just trying to lighten the mood in here :irishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
While I hate meltdowns and overreaction crap..........it's justified. Zero excuse for what we are seeing. The play calling and defense is embarrassing. And that's the sugar coated version.
And for the record, I do NOT buy in to the fact that the season is over after 3 weeks. But, this has a very bad feel to it. Just my opinion.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
JustTheTip":27w2eigm said:
Reaneypark":27w2eigm said:
This team is not going to challenge for the division and will likely miss the playoffs. It feels like this is the beginning of the end.

The beginning of the end was SB49. We are closer to the end of the end now I think.

True.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Reaneypark":k2hcdylu said:
JustTheTip":k2hcdylu said:
Reaneypark":k2hcdylu said:

True.

I really hope so but I think it will take something significant for the end to come sooner rather than later. Just like in real life, they'll just keep covering up the crap with more lies until nothing good remains.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2kjx9sf0 said:
While I hate meltdowns and overreaction crap..........it's justified. Zero excuse for what we are seeing. The play calling and defense is embarrassing. And that's the sugar coated version.
And for the record, I do NOT buy in to the fact that the season is over after 3 weeks. But, this has a very bad feel to it. Just my opinion.

You are correct, this feels way worse than the normal early season correctable issues we've seen over the past 6-7 years.

The things we're seeing like finger pointing already between Pete and Russell, DB's throwing the coaches under the bus and just the general lack of intensity, juice and mass confusion on both sides of the ball all are very bad signs.

Those are signs that Pete has lost this team, or lost his edge to rally the locker room and make the necessary roster changes to get things back on track.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1yamfb86 said:
SoulfishHawk":1yamfb86 said:

You are correct, this feels way worse than the normal early season correctable issues we've seen over the past 6-7 years.

The things we're seeing like finger pointing already between Pete and Russell, DB's throwing the coaches under the bus and just the general lack of intensity, juice and mass confusion on both sides of the ball all are very bad signs.

Those are signs that Pete has lost this team, or lost his edge to rally the locker room and make the necessary roster changes to get things back on track.

As another moderate on this board, this definitely feels different.

I hope I'm wrong but, I'm not sure this can be fixed in-season.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
There probably are not many coaches that have gone through a string of early playoff exits followed by a complete playoff miss that keep their jobs. So if we fail to make playoffs, I suspect Pete is gone.

This is especially true when we are losing despite being relatively healthy.

So some of you will get what you are asking for, no doubt, if this kind of play continues.

But sadly it's also unlikely that things will improve much with someone new. Fans live on hope and new regimes always bring hope. They just rarely deliver on that hope.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
nanomoz":ykm4b0y8 said:
Ken Norton is so awful.

3rd and 9. Down two scores. 2:30 left. And he plays the corners 10 yards off the ball. He is sooooo stupid. It's infuriating.

Well, it's tough to get a "Holding Call" when they play 10 yards off their man!!!!!!! :roll:

chris98251

Reaction score
When Pete said he through everything at the Vikings I was going is that all you think you have, no real man to man and jam, no real blitz packages other then the obvious, did we do a Corner Blitz at all, don't think we did using either Amadi or Reid, where was Sidney at?

So that sink must have been just a Veggie rinse one, not a Kitchen sink.