March Madness!

getnasty

Reaction score
So much parity in college basketball today. Has my bracket looking horrible.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Oregon rolls over Iowa. Pac 12 continuing to show out. I think USC could give Kansas trouble too.
Big 10 has not done well. I believe Michigan is the only team left?

Crizilla

Reaction score
Gonzaga joins UNC, Duke, and UCLA as the only programs to get to 6 straight Sweet 16's.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I'm curious, as a Zag fan I believe they get by Creighton but I think Oregon and USC are playing some really good ball right now. I could see either giving the Zags a tough game. Who do you guys think will win the USC vs Oregon game and who do you think would give the Zags a tougher game?
I have my own thoughts but was curious to get some other perspectives.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
USC would be a tough matchup just because of the Mobley brothers. But Enfield is a pretty weak coach. Few would school him and I’m not sure he can get by Oregon.

Not March Madness but a lot going on with the UW basketball team. I’m hearing as many as 5 guys could transfer out. So far Brooks, Stevenson, Pryor and Tsohonis have all announced they’re leaving. I’ve heard that Battle and Roberts could possibly be our too.

They got a kid from Nigeria to commit today along with former Seattle U star, Terrell Brown, who played at Arizona last season. I’ve heard there are some big names coming to UW. Probably already a verbal commitment but word hasn’t come out yet. The names I’ve heard floated have been Welp (the son of former UW star), Tari Eason (Seattle kid who played last season at Cincinatti), Jaquori McLaughlin ( ex UW commit who decommited once we got Fultz), Marjon Beauchamp (was originally a 2020 prospect and considered a fringe top 50 recruit, was going to sit out and go straight to the NBA, but now is opening his recruitment again).

There are a ton of guys available, just a matter of who Hop can get. Expect a huge overhaul and a much better roster next season.

Threedee

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2qz30lhn said:
USC would be a tough matchup just because of the Mobley brothers. But Enfield is a pretty weak coach. Few would school him and I’m not sure he can get by Oregon.

Not March Madness but a lot going on with the UW basketball team. I’m hearing as many as 5 guys could transfer out. So far Brooks, Stevenson, Pryor and Tsohonis have all announced they’re leaving. I’ve heard that Battle and Roberts could possibly be our too.

They got a kid from Nigeria to commit today along with former Seattle U star, Terrell Brown, who played at Arizona last season. I’ve heard there are some big names coming to UW. Probably already a verbal commitment but word hasn’t come out yet. The names I’ve heard floated have been Welp (the son of former UW star), Tari Eason (Seattle kid who played last season at Cincinatti), Jaquori McLaughlin ( ex UW commit who decommited once we got Fultz), Marjon Beauchamp (was originally a 2020 prospect and considered a fringe top 50 recruit, was going to sit out and go straight to the NBA, but now is opening his recruitment again).

There are a ton of guys available, just a matter of who Hop can get. Expect a huge overhaul and a much better roster next season.

Any of them headed to Spokane, like Williams-Goss did a few years ago?

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3lbokp3v said:

There will be massive roster turnover this season. The waiting year for transfers is waived this year. Hopkins is fortunate to have this opportunity to get some talent on his roster. He better take advantage of it or I doubt he makes it another year.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I also think that USC is the tougher game for the Zags. Oregon is really good but they like to play the same type of game as the Zags and I think the Zags would get tested but come out on top.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Who are you guys rooting for in the Oregon State Loyola Game? I'm torn, I love rooting for the underdog small school but I like Wayne Tinkle and the Beavers too. Wayne Tinkle has Spokane roots too.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3msq33ql said:
Who are you guys rooting for in the Oregon State Loyola Game? I'm torn, I love rooting for the underdog small school but I like Wayne Tinkle and the Beavers too. Wayne Tinkle has Spokane roots too.

I usually find myself rooting for the lower seeded team but don't really care who wins this particular match-up, though am slightly rooting for the Beavers. However, it IS pretty fun watching Loyola's vaunted defense -- especially Krutwig and his uncanny ability, thanks to his long twitchy arms, to disrupt the other team's control of the ball.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Wow, only 16 for Loyola at the half, and Oregon State has the lead with 24. Final score could be real interesting.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Not a pretty first half. I found myself rooting for the Beavers once the game started.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Watching these games makes me thankful I get to watch the Zags play actual offense.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3csojtok said:

Hopkins is a below average coach. If UW fans expect him to suddenly turn things around, I think you are kidding yourselves. UW can be good, but you can’t hire assistants to be HC. You hire to hire a proven coach.

I like what Utah did with there hire. Texas is about to land TTU coach. Not saying UW can get a guy like that, but a coach from the MWC or something similar would be an improvement. Look at Altman and Tinkle as examples to follow.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Really looking forward to USC Oregon tonight. UCLA up 11 at half against Alabama but I bet Alabama comes back and wins. Pac 12 looking like its playing its best ball at the right time.

chris98251

Reaction score
Poaching a Coach works, Don James a good example, Pederson another.

Find a lower conference team that has had great success with a Coach over a time period.

Poach and Coach at a higher level, most people that are successful want to pit their skills against the best.

They don't have to be a big name, but successful over a window of time say 8 years so they have had to turnover athletes and prove their system works not a good group of players.