March Madness!

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Wow, can't believe Alabama hit that three to tie. Momentum headed to overtime.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Alabama showing their true colors as losers... fouling with under 10 seconds left down over 10

Threedee

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is a first that all three WC states will be represented in the Elite Eight. If OSU and UCLA can pull off upsets, and Gonzaga can handle USC, that could carry to the Final Four.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Watching UCLA/Michigan and I don't see either giving GU any problems.

Threedee

Reaction score
Maulbert":2qgsmqyh said:
UCLA upsets Michigan, 51-49. Zags get the Bruins.

UCLA can be utterly shutdown inside for long stretches of time. This team, despite its ability to crawl through the tournament, is definitely the one that Gonzaga preferred.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Threedee":2ahwkd3n said:
Maulbert":2ahwkd3n said:

UCLA can be utterly shutdown inside for long stretches of time. This team, despite its ability to crawl through the tournament, is definitely the one that Gonzaga preferred.
I honestly don't think they cared one way or the other. GU would have beaten either team. Neither UCLA nor Michigan would be able to keep up with GU's scoring especially as good as GU is at defense.

Threedee

Reaction score
Natethegreat":12m7qwnl said:
Threedee":12m7qwnl said:
Maulbert":12m7qwnl said:

I honestly don't think they cared one way or the other. GU would have beaten either team. Neither UCLA nor Michigan would be able to keep up with GU's scoring especially as good as GU is at defense.

True, we saw that USC couldn't muscle Gonzaga around with its bigs.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
While anything can happen I think the 2 teams nearly everyone has been calling the top 2 teams will be in the championship game. Baylor will beat Houston and I think fairly comfortably. GU will beat UCLA by double digits I think maybe even by 20+.
If GU doesn't win I would be floored and terribly disappointed. I am hoping for a 40 point beatdown after the meltdown we had against them in the sweet sixteen so many years ago (that steal for the win was a foul by the way and it wasn't even close) but I digress.
I was rooting for UCLA even though I have never liked that team just for the opportunity for sweet revenge. I am so stoked for this final four!!!!!!!

Ruminator

Reaction score
Very happy with the GU-UCLA match-up. Another game where GU will look like the Globetrotters at times.

Baylor-Houston will be very interesting to watch. There's something a bit weird about the Houston team and I haven't figured out what it is yet.

Unless Houston does something flat-out crazy, it'll be GU-Baylor for the championship on April 5!

Threedee

Reaction score
Houston's insane rebounding statistic is something for concern. If Baylor survives the matchup, there isn't really anything like that about them that is a specific threat to Gonzaga. Will be interesting to see who survives that game. UCLA was very lucky to have gotten this far. Plus, their top scorer tweaked his previously injured ankle. Hard to picture him at 100% throughout the game.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Watching many of the games throughout this tournament has made me realize how lucky I am to follow the Zags all year. Their offense is beautiful to behold. Then I watch these other teams and see halting offense mostly comprised of one on one attempts that produce empty trips down the floor. It just isn't nearly as fun to watch.

Its not hard to see why Gonzaga is getting the top recruits now. They can see this too. Their offense is a tier above everyone elses out there. The unselfish nature of it, the constant flow and movement, the excellent passing(an underrated part of why this team is so good). They just dissect even the best defenses out there. GU hasn't even really shot well from three this whole tournament (decent not great). If they do Lord help the team they play.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
In a year where GU is seeking perfection that hasn't been seen in college basketball in over 50 years at a program that has been lifted out of complete obscurity by its coach Mark Few the AP decides that the coach of the year is drum roll please. Yes you guessed it!!!!

Juwon Howard!!!!!!!

Yeah that makes complete sense. Don't worry guys that whole east coast bias thing is all in your heads nothing to see here. Historical seasons by all metrics are nothing when compared to a coach coming into a blue blood program and having a decent second year.

Its not even like Michigan was struggling when he took over. In fact they were doing quite well. There is no way you could look at this season and say Juwon Howards was better. NONE!

Threedee

Reaction score
To add to the madness, UCONN was eliminated in the Final Four by AZ on the women's side.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Let’s got Zags!!

As a Zag Dad, I’m stoked!

nwHawk

Reaction score
nwHawk":282sw1ma said:
Let’s got Zags!!

As a Zag Dad, I’m stoked!

And concerned it’s so close at this point. Let’s go boys!!!