Officiating is so bad, I quit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

treefidy

Reaction score
253hawk":1d4oqm42 said:
Actually they do mean squat, because the ones on defense were all on third down, all extended those drives, and all ended up in points. 10 points worth to be exact. Two drives should have been punts and ended in FGs, one drive should have been a FG and ended up as a TD+XP. 25-20. We lost by 5 points. Would have been 19-20.

Hugging the ref? Go look at my post in that little thread with four distinct instances of QBs slapping the ref on the ass. None were called for a penalty. I guess sexual assault is better than a hug?

Illegally touching the kick? He was forced out of bounds, but he did take a little bit of time getting back in. I'll concede that one.

Clipping? Didn't really re-watch that one, but all it did was 'affect' our inept offense and we punted anyway. Our defense still had the game in hand. The confusion seems to be that they called it on Britt instead of the actual player that committed it.

False starts? Procedural, the refs almost never miss that. No big deal.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT...we're talking about the third down stops on defense that all resulted in points instead of punts (and a TD instead of a FG). Try to keep up.

They were both penalties... It's not like the refs made those calls up...

Eat your L.

253hawk

Reaction score
treefidy":1d0jkyb2 said:

Eat your L.

Even the announcers called them ticky-tack. Meanwhile, Pereira agreed that the Saints committed two fairly obvious pick plays which should have been called. How can the refs be so ticky-tack on one team and not the other?

I don't mind taking the L. The Saints played a tough game and our offense is crap because Bevell can't scheme his way out of a pile of soggy 1-ply toilet paper. The offense should be more than capable of putting up points on that defense. Sometimes it doesn't work out though, so the game needs to be won by defense and special teams. But the penalty disparity was so bad that it wasn't allowed to happen. It was like XL all over again.

Still haven't found all those sources of the Falcons being hosed for the duration of the game, huh? I didn't think so.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
treefidy":3nikg0xz said:
twisted_steel2":3nikg0xz said:
How mad was this trefidy guy, still coming back here weeks later and playing the 'you got what was coming to you' card. :lol:

Were you waiting for something like this to happen? Plotting your revenge? Haha :lol:

4000367-oh-he-mad-o.gif

I enjoyed watching the Seahawks fans melt down this weekend.

Sure, I mean if your team can't beat us, might as well get some schadenfreude from watching us lose later right? ;)

I just find it funny you came back, like you were waiting, you devious internet mastermind you. ;)

treefidy

Reaction score
253hawk":svdzzsvo said:
Even the announcers called them ticky-tack. Meanwhile, Pereira agreed that the Saints committed two fairly obvious pick plays which should have been called. How can the refs be so ticky-tack on one team and not the other?

I don't mind taking the L. The Saints played a tough game and our offense is crap because Bevell can't scheme his way out of a pile of soggy 1-ply toilet paper. The offense should be more than capable of putting up points on that defense. Sometimes it doesn't work out though, so the game needs to be won by defense and special teams. But the penalty disparity was so bad that it wasn't allowed to happen. It was like XL all over again.

Still haven't found all those sources of the Falcons being hosed for the duration of the game, huh? I didn't think so.

"Even the announcers"

Nearly EVERY person involved with discussing the NFL said the Falcons were screwed, yet we were told by your fan base we weren't and the better team won.

Which argument is it? Are the announcers right or do their opinions not matter?

I don't need any sources for anything. There was a disparity in the calls and there was a game defining ignored call. Both things being complained about in this thread.

A

Anonymous

Exact instances aside for a moment, if the league is motivated toward preserving home field advantage and keeping home teams winning more it serves them multiple purposes if they can pull it off. I suppose I want to get down to brass tacks as to a reason (or reasons) that would motivate the league to call games as they are. If indeed it were being done on purpose.

I've noticed seas of opposing-teams fans doing a lot of travelling in the last few years, us included. Maybe the league sees that trend as negative and is doing everything it can to stop it? If the Raiders can go 5-0 on the road after that flag fest they had going on, they got past it. Yes Willy, barely, I get it, but they did.

Taking a step back and looking at away teams penalties vs. home teams penalties might be worth a glance.

Anybody? Not a stat-master or pivot-table graph guru... :les:

treefidy

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1h68aczp said:
Sure, I mean if your team can't beat us, might as well get some schadenfreude from watching us lose later right? ;)

I just find it funny you came back, like you were waiting, you devious internet mastermind you. ;)

I just find it funny that your fan base isn't telling each other "the refs didn't blow that game, the Seahawks did" and "We should have played better if we wanted to win"

I came back expecting to see that, as it is what Seahawks fans were telling Falcons fans. I was quite shocked when I saw the opposite of ref blaming and conspiracy theories.

To be honest, it's pretty entertaining.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
treefidy":1aex6l5n said:
twisted_steel2":1aex6l5n said:

I just find it funny that your fan base isn't telling each other "the refs didn't blow that game, the Seahawks did" and "We should have played better if we wanted to win"

I came back expecting to see that, as it is what Seahawks fans were telling Falcons fans. I was quite shocked when I saw the opposite of ref blaming and conspiracy theories.

Well I'm glad it makes you feel better. You seem pretty upset, if coming back here and reading this board gives you some catharsis over the trauma the Seahawk fans apparently put you through after the Falcon/Seahawks game... then by all means, enjoy the board. Heal, relax. :lol:

treefidy

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":4szbi6ux said:
Well I'm glad it makes you feel better. You seem pretty upset, if coming back here and reading this board gives you some catharsis over the trauma the Seahawk fans apparently put you through after the Falcon/Seahawks game... then by all means, enjoy the board. Heal, relax. :lol:

Not upset at all. We won this weekend.

I noticed Seattle didn't, and that their entire team is complaining about being screwed by the refs after talking about "the refs letting them play" vs the Falcons.

Figured this forum would be entertaining.

I figured correctly.

RCATES

Reaction score
treefidy":8ctrw808 said:
twisted_steel2":8ctrw808 said:

Not upset at all. We won this weekend.

I noticed Seattle didn't, and that their entire team is complaining about being screwed by the refs after talking about "the refs letting them play" vs the Falcons.

Figured this forum would be entertaining.

I figured correctly.

What's entertaining is a Falcons fan is in here 2 weeks after getting beat talking like his team has actually done something. Falcons have done exactly what everyone said they would do. Fall back to Earth. You're 5-3 congrats on your SB win beating GB in your house. Just lol.

treefidy

Reaction score
RCATES":3lsk91zk said:
What's entertaining is a Falcons fan is in here 2 weeks after getting beat talking like his team has actually done something. Falcons have done exactly what everyone said they would do. Fall back to Earth. You're 5-3 congrats on your SB win beating GB in your house. Just lol.

We lost 2 games back to back by 5 total points, 1 in OT, 1 on a bad non-call. We beat the Packers this week.

How have the Seahawks played since we met two weeks ago? What's the Seahawks record?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
treefidy":31b5gm23 said:
RCATES":31b5gm23 said:

We lost 2 games back to back by 5 total points, 1 in OT, 1 on a bad non-call. We beat the Packers this week.

How have the Seahawks played since we met two weeks ago? What's the Seahawks record?

Look at you on here pounding your chest about the Falcons.... yea you're not mad at all! ;)

treefidy

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2znq4and said:
Look at you on here pounding your chest about the Falcons.... yea you're not mad at all! ;)

Completely unprovoked right?

I came here to discuss crappy officiating.

Not my fault Seahawks fans pick and choose when it's crappy and when it's not.

Reaction score
I was on the Raider Forums reading about how "The sad Seahawks fans were complaining about officiating! LOL". And I thought "does it matter?".

Whether it's 23 penalties on the Raiders to 6 on the Bucs or 11 on the Seahawks and 2 on New Orleans. It's pretty obvious the officiating is absolutely abysmal in the NFL and it's quite true. Don't get me wrong, the Raiders do deserve penalties, it's a young team that makes a ton of mistakes and you can see some blatanly stupid penalties committed. Now I didn't watch the SeaHawks game and being a Raider fan on a Raider forum I can definitely see how people may blow the penalty situation out of proportion. However, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

the Zebras are really getting out of hand and you can see an obvious bias in teams and players after they've been in the league for a while.

The Seahawks are a hard hitting team with a ton of swagger especially on the defensive side. They love to talk and they don't keep it super PR like the NFL wants them to be (which is far more entertaining than just "We played alright, they played better, we just need more practice." for the billionth time).

The Raiders have been known for being a severely penalized team in all of history. But man, if the Raiders set the penalty record vs the Bucs because they're a nasty ass team, well.... I'd wear that proudly ;) but the point is... teams are being punished for personality and not sloppiness and general play.

The amount of penalties are ruining the game of football in general. Stop and starting each game, destroying any shred of momentum which then makes the offense come out slow once again. There's no flow anymore. With any game I see I literally think this "Oh that's a nice play, where's the flag?" and that's even with the Texans games (father is a Texans fan).

Sorry for making this post long, but I respect every team out there (not the cheatriots. Damn tuck rule... go die. And division rivals? Duh) and wanted to give an insight from a Raider perspective and to let you guys know that this is definitely a bigger issue than just the Raiders or even the Seahawks. Hopefully they right the ship soon because I can't sit through more 4 hour heart attacks because of penalties. Hell, the Raiders make it stressful enough with the worst defense and an overly conservative offense once we're 1 point ahead.

Anyway, cheers, and good luck next week. :irishdrinkers:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
We complain about the ratio of penalties called on us compared to the other teams. The discrepancy is a fact. We also are not complaining about one individual play like many of the turd Falcon fans are whining about.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
treefidy":3h066mia said:
twisted_steel2":3h066mia said:

Your not even trying and your not because you know your wrong. Our game the ref's let both teams play and only called egregious penalties. There was not one penalty called on your team that wasn't obvious and legit and you know it. That game came down to one play and I agree with you they should have called PI but they also should have called the slap and holding when your center tackled Marsh from behind trying to prevent him from getting to Ryan. If he is not literally tackled from behind by your center there is a good chance he disrupts the throw. If Sherman isn't knocked off balance there is also a good chance he is in position to not need to commit the penalty. You can't have it both ways.

You are not able to come up with one single legit reason they should have called that PI and not the other fouls on the same play or one example at all where Atlanta got screwed.

You obviously did not watch the NO game or you would have seen multiple bad calls that extended drives for the Saints and multiple blown or ignored calls that would have taken points off the board. After all that they kept the clock rolling when a player was tackled and driven out of bounds. Again a critical mistake by the officials that took extremely important time off the clock.

If you can't provide some example besides the PI that has been nationally debunked of how you were screwed in our game then you need to either relax or you need to be banned. Because right now all you are doing is trolling and not even good trolling.

Please go trough our game and give us some kind of example where you were screwed.

treefidy

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":37na45z1 said:
We complain about the ratio of penalties called on us compared to the other teams. The discrepancy is a fact. We also are not complaining about one individual play like many of the turd Falcon fans are whining about.

Was it a fact when penalties were in your favor 8-3 and a blown call decided the game in favor of your Seahawks?

Or are only Seahawks fans allowed to pick and choose?

potatohead

Reaction score
treefidy":2lnxlgec said:
253hawk":2lnxlgec said:
Actually they do mean squat, because the ones on defense were all on third down, all extended those drives, and all ended up in points. 10 points worth to be exact. Two drives should have been punts and ended in FGs, one drive should have been a FG and ended up as a TD+XP. 25-20. We lost by 5 points. Would have been 19-20.

Hugging the ref? Go look at my post in that little thread with four distinct instances of QBs slapping the ref on the ass. None were called for a penalty. I guess sexual assault is better than a hug?

Illegally touching the kick? He was forced out of bounds, but he did take a little bit of time getting back in. I'll concede that one.

Clipping? Didn't really re-watch that one, but all it did was 'affect' our inept offense and we punted anyway. Our defense still had the game in hand. The confusion seems to be that they called it on Britt instead of the actual player that committed it.

False starts? Procedural, the refs almost never miss that. No big deal.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT...we're talking about the third down stops on defense that all resulted in points instead of punts (and a TD instead of a FG). Try to keep up.

Eat your L.

If you think the Shead call was a penalty, you are simply wrong. That was textbook defense.

What about the two NO pick plays? I'm going to assume you thought those were legit also.

treefidy

Reaction score
RichNhansom":19gqulvf said:
Your not even trying and your not because you know your wrong. Our game the ref's let both teams play and only called egregious penalties. There was not one penalty called on your team that wasn't obvious and legit and you know it. That game came down to one play and I agree with you they should have called PI but they also should have called the slap and holding when your center tackled Marsh from behind trying to prevent him from getting to Ryan. If he is not literally tackled from behind by your center there is a good chance he disrupts the throw. If Sherman isn't knocked off balance there is also a good chance he is in position to not need to commit the penalty. You can't have it both ways.

You are not able to come up with one single legit reason they should have called that PI and not the other fouls on the same play or one example at all where Atlanta got screwed.

You obviously did not watch the NO game or you would have seen multiple bad calls that extended drives for the Saints and multiple blown or ignored calls that would have taken points off the board. After all that they kept the clock rolling when a player was tackled and driven out of bounds. Again a critical mistake by the officials that took extremely important time off the clock.

If you can't provide some example besides the PI that has been nationally debunked of how you were screwed in our game then you need to either relax or you need to be banned. Because right now all you are doing is trolling and not even good trolling.

Please go trough our game and give us some kind of example where you were screwed.

I'm not trying because it was discussed to death on all major networks and beyond.

I've noticed the Seahawks being "screwed" is not being discussed to death on all major networks and beyond.

Just here...

treefidy

Reaction score
potatohead":3awlgeua said:
If you think the Shead call was a penalty, you are simply wrong. That was textbook defense.

What about the two NO pick plays? I'm going to assume you thought those were legit also.

Text book Defense... Classic.

If you think the Sherman non-call was right, you've got zero ground to stand on regarding text book defense.

I honestly think the Seahawks got screwed and came here to discuss it.

But not a one of you can admit you got the benefit of the doubt two weeks ago, after witnessing the other end of it Sunday.

potatohead

Reaction score
treefidy":3m1tacxy said:
potatohead":3m1tacxy said:

Text book Defense... Classic.

If you think the Sherman non-call was right, you've got zero ground to stand on regarding text book defense.

I honestly think the Seahawks got screwed and came here to discuss it.

But not a one of you can admit you got the benefit of the doubt two weeks ago, after witnessing the other end of it Sunday.

What are you talking about? I asked you about the Shead call and you bring up the Sherman one? The Sherman one was way closer to a penalty, I don't mind it being called, but the Shead one was a flat out bad call, along with the two pick plays not being called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts