Ok i'm just going to flipping say it!!!!!

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":yyqqi36l said:
What I would like to know how is this change in protocol going to keep players safe considering almost the whole Rams team was fully vaccinated and 25+players came down with covid?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1472289751222915080[/tweet]

It's not, or rather it shouldn't be, just about keeping players safe. It's about preventing transmission throughout the community.

If the league was truly concerned about being a super spreader, they should have called a minimum one week pause to the season after this week's games. This new protocol essentially says that they don't care, damn the torpedoes and full speed head.

On the other hand, we're going to have to learn to live with this virus, so I don't know. But I do think that they should have paused the season until they can get some more guidance and figure out where to go from here.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":3nri8z5i said:
LTH":3nri8z5i said:
What I would like to know how is this change in protocol going to keep players safe considering almost the whole Rams team was fully vaccinated and 25+players came down with covid?

It's not, or rather it shouldn't be, just about keeping players safe. It's about preventing transmission throughout the community.

If the league was truly concerned about being a super spreader, they should have called a minimum one week pause to the season after this week's games. This new protocol essentially says that they don't care, damn the torpedoes and full speed head.

On the other hand, we're going to have to learn to live with this virus, so I don't know. But I do think that they should have paused the season until they can get some more guidance and figure out where to go from here.

Thats really interesting... It seems as though they could lose the whole season if they are not careful. I do not know the technical parts about the virus and i'm not sure why vaccinated people are still coming down with it and spreading it... but this whole thing is just bizarre as hell to me... None of it makes ANT since to me at all

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1472370762602323969[/tweet]

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize until reading this thread that the refs have screwed us out of 4 wins this year.

I could have sworn that we were totally deserving of our 5-8 record but, NOPE, apparently we should be 9-4 & in first place if it wasn't for the refs.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":1h88ndac said:
Wow, I didn't realize until reading this thread that the refs have screwed us out of 4 wins this year.

I could have sworn that we were totally deserving of our 5-8 record but, NOPE, apparently we should be 9-4 & in first place if it wasn't for the refs.

Didnt say that the refs screwed us out of four games, I said that poor officiating influenced 4 games... amazing how some people don't have any reading comprehension skills...

Essential Meaning of influence
1: the power to change or affect someone or something : the power to cause changes without directly forcing them to happen

LTH

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
LTH":3vidlul3 said:
Hockey Guy":3vidlul3 said:

Didnt say that the refs screwed us out of four games, I said that poor officiating influenced 4 games... amazing how some people don't have any reading comprehension skills...

1: the power to change or affect someone or something : the power to cause changes without directly forcing them to happen

LTH

They influenced absolutely nothing.

We fully deserve our 5-8 record so stop your whining.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":357r0dqi said:
LTH":357r0dqi said:
Hockey Guy":357r0dqi said:

LTH

They influenced absolutely nothing.

We fully deserve our 5-8 record so stop your whining.

Even Gregg Bell said the officiating was horrible...and it did at a minimum affect the games momentum.. wasn't the only reason they lost but it was a factor... So you stop your whining tough guy...

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":31oj3gyg said:
RiverDog":31oj3gyg said:
LTH":31oj3gyg said:

Thats really interesting... It seems as though they could lose the whole season if they are not careful. I do not know the technical parts about the virus and i'm not sure why vaccinated people are still coming down with it and spreading it... but this whole thing is just bizarre as hell to me... None of it makes ANT since to me at all

LTH

The problem is their definition of "vaccinated". Many people, myself included, got vaxxed back in January. The vaccine induced immunity wanes over time, thus the need for boosters. Although I haven't seen how many in the current outbreak have had boosters, the lab results show a huge increase in antibodies in fully vaxxed individuals after they've had a booster shot. If they had the science behind the booster shots, I could see the league shutting down, insisting that all their players get boosters, then start back up two weeks later. But, of course, two weeks is a lifetime in the middle of an NFL season.

The other thing about this variant is that initial data suggests that it causes milder symptoms, but there's not enough data collected to come to a definite conclusion. Like I said, this is a completely different virus than the one we've been dealing with.

Tough problem, and I don't profess to have the answers.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the Cards came out of the mix post Monday Night Football against the Rams with respect to the COVID?
I mean are they experiencing a lot of breakouts, having mingled with the Rams?
I heard today that it only takes this SUPER CONTAGIOUS OMICRON Virus FIFTEEN SECONDS of close proximity for an infection to occur. :shock:

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
From my knowledge they have 1 the center.

RiverDog

Reaction score
scutterhawk":kcmf32aw said:
Does anyone know how the Cards came out of the mix post Monday Night Football against the Rams with respect to the COVID?
I mean are they experiencing a lot of breakouts, having mingled with the Rams?
I heard today that it only takes this SUPER CONTAGIOUS OMICRON Virus FIFTEEN SECONDS of close proximity for an infection to occur. :shock:

According to this Covid tracker and as of 5:30pm ET on Friday, the Cards had one player on the Covid list.

Here's the Covid tracker that lists the status of all NFL teams:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... 69uxgubvw4

Elemas

Reaction score

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The league clearly has different rules for different teams. On the flip side, this is just not our year. So there is that.......

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying the league's out to get us, but if the game happened as scheduled yesterday Ramsey would have played, and Lockett would have not............and I got bad news for you guys, we can't beat the Rams without Lockett.

Rams still have over 20 players in the protocol. So yeah they might get some players back by tomorrow, but if we're keeping score of covid players, we're still WAY ahead, AND have a good shot to get Tyler back.

Is the league shady? Yep. Is all the league cares about revenue so they'll do anything to get these games in regardless of player safety? Also yep.

But your conspiracy theories have holes all over them.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just like the 1 win Lions can't beat the Cards?

Still gotta' lace em up.
Did NOT say conspiracy. I just think certain teams get favored treatment. I'm entitled to my opinion.

RiverDog

Reaction score
GemCity":1j3cv4n8 said:
Dats some of that ol bullshat. This was my whole problem with the rescheduling in the first place. In a pandemic, you couldn’t add an extra week for makeup games?

If they had worked in an extra week in anticipation of rescheduled games a month or so before the season started, it might have been a viable suggestion. But there's no way that they'd ever be able to do something like that at this point in the season as stadium availability would invariably be an issue.

GemCity":1j3cv4n8 said:
I guess if we’re to get screwed, this is the year it should happen.

That's how I look at it, especially from my own personal standpoint. Had we fielded a semi respectable team, I would have made a commitment to travel to watch the Rams away game. If they're going to have a screwed up season, this is the year to do it in.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3u0kdxpj said:
Everyone keeps saying the league's out to get us, but if the game happened as scheduled yesterday Ramsey would have played, and Lockett would have not............and I got bad news for you guys, we can't beat the Rams without Lockett.

Rams still have over 20 players in the protocol. So yeah they might get some players back by tomorrow, but if we're keeping score of covid players, we're still WAY ahead, AND have a good shot to get Tyler back.

Is the league shady? Yep. Is all the league cares about revenue so they'll do anything to get these games in regardless of player safety? Also yep.

I'm not sure I understand your point... I'm not sure it's going to even make a difference after last nights victory by the saints... Now the saints have to lose 2 of the next 3 games... Brady and the Bucs screwed us even if we beat the Rams and win out. what's the chances of the saints losing 2 of the next 3 to the Dolphins, Falcons or Panthers... doesn't look good..

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't truly believe the "league is out to get us"
But, if the Hawks have a ton of guys on the Covid list on Thursday, I'd like to think the league would give us the same courtesy they gave to the Rams. That's not much to ask imo. If it's TRULY about player safety etc.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":2eqr67zr said:
Sgt. Largent":2eqr67zr said:

I'm not sure I understand your point... I'm not sure it's going to even make a difference after last nights victory by the saints... Now the saints have to lose 2 of the next 3 games... Brady and the Bucs screwed us even if we beat the Rams and win out. what's the chances of the saints losing 2 of the next 3 to the Dolphins, Falcons or Panthers... doesn't look good..

LTH

My point is some of you guys keep saying the league plays favorites, the league is out to get us and other tin foil hat baseless conspiracies, and I'm here to tell you you're wrong.

This is an irrational fan response based on an unhealthy emotional reaction to random events that exist in an imperfect game, ran by and referee'd by imperfect people.

The league is trying to keep their coffers full during an ever changing pandemic that they have no precedent in which to negotiate what rules to implement, so it comes off clumsy and unfair to some teams.

Rational objective fans can see this. It's obvious from being on this site for a long time, some fans cannot.