Ok i'm just going to flipping say it!!!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's your OPINION. You're just making it sound way worse than it really is. The league seems shady sometimes. How is that a "conspiracy" theory?
And why do you care if people don't trust the NFL to do the right thing? It's always about $, it always has been. If you want to believe the NFL isn't shady and/or hasn't been shady in the past, feel free to think they are a perfect league. By far the best sport to watch imo. But the NFL is a flat out joke sometimes. And to say they are hypocritical and/or inconsistent would be putting it mildly. Let me guess, Super Bowl 40 was completely legit and wasn't one sided by the refs and the league. Or ask Saints fans how they feel about the Refs literally handing a Super Bowl the Rams on one of the worst non-calls in the history of the playoffs. Or ask the Raiders about the "tuck rule" They also got shafted.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You'd think the Halas family and the Bears being a major old school big market team could get some of this favoritism you guys are talking about.

Look at all their guys out for tonight.

Kevin Fishbain
@kfishbain

No changes to the reserve/COVID-19 list, so the Bears are without the following tonight:

Larry Borom
Artie Burns
Isaiah Coulter
Andy Dalton
Mario Edwards Jr.
Tashaun Gipson
Joel Iyiegbuniwe
Eddie Jackson
Jesse James
Jaylon Johnson
Sam Kamara
Ryan Nall
Allen Robinson
Duke Shelley

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":27vhdevv said:
LTH":27vhdevv said:
Sgt. Largent":27vhdevv said:
Everyone keeps saying the league's out to get us, but if the game happened as scheduled yesterday Ramsey would have played, and Lockett would have not............and I got bad news for you guys, we can't beat the Rams without Lockett.

Rams still have over 20 players in the protocol. So yeah they might get some players back by tomorrow, but if we're keeping score of covid players, we're still WAY ahead, AND have a good shot to get Tyler back.

Is the league shady? Yep. Is all the league cares about revenue so they'll do anything to get these games in regardless of player safety? Also yep.

But your conspiracy theories have holes all over them.

I'm not sure I understand your point... I'm not sure it's going to even make a difference after last nights victory by the saints... Now the saints have to lose 2 of the next 3 games... Brady and the Bucs screwed us even if we beat the Rams and win out. what's the chances of the saints losing 2 of the next 3 to the Dolphins, Falcons or Panthers... doesn't look good..

LTH

My point is some of you guys keep saying the league plays favorites, the league is out to get us and other tin foil hat baseless conspiracies, and I'm here to tell you you're wrong.

This is an irrational fan response based on an unhealthy emotional reaction to random events that exist in an imperfect game, ran by and referee'd by imperfect people.

The league is trying to keep their coffers full during an ever changing pandemic that they have no precedent in which to negotiate what rules to implement, so it comes off clumsy and unfair to some teams.

Rational objective fans can see this. It's obvious from being on this site for a long time, some fans cannot.
Well... to be honest I set this up to be a spoof post... in the very beginning I stated that I'm not sure I believe it... but i'm going to say it any way... just something to talk about...

Is the league out to get us? I don't know... probably impossible to prove... But I definitely think MONEY is the driving force no matter what they do... Money over player safety? Probably, and the change in protocol does NOTHING to protect anybody... So I would say that I don't personally respect the league for the decisions they have made...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why do the Bears have to play their game tonight? I mean, they have a bunch of guys out. Take your head out of the sand and look at what's right in front of you. Why are the Bears not being allowed to bump their game up a day or two just like the Rams were? The NFL is extremely inconsistent. NOT a conspiracy, but also it's not just "no big deal"
And it's not just the Hawks that seem to be getting shafted. Again, don't like my opinion, too bad.

rcaido

Reaction score
LTH":2jl9szkt said:
Sgt. Largent":2jl9szkt said:
Everyone keeps saying the league's out to get us, but if the game happened as scheduled yesterday Ramsey would have played, and Lockett would have not............and I got bad news for you guys, we can't beat the Rams without Lockett.

Rams still have over 20 players in the protocol. So yeah they might get some players back by tomorrow, but if we're keeping score of covid players, we're still WAY ahead, AND have a good shot to get Tyler back.

Is the league shady? Yep. Is all the league cares about revenue so they'll do anything to get these games in regardless of player safety? Also yep.

But your conspiracy theories have holes all over them.

I'm not sure I understand your point... I'm not sure it's going to even make a difference after last nights victory by the saints... Now the saints have to lose 2 of the next 3 games... Brady and the Bucs screwed us even if we beat the Rams and win out. what's the chances of the saints losing 2 of the next 3 to the Dolphins, Falcons or Panthers... doesn't look good..

LTH

Saints dont need to lose 2 out 3, as long as they lose to the Falcons, they wont make the playoffs. 49ers 7th and Seahawks 6th seed.

If the Saints win all their games, they get the 6th seed and we will get the 7th seed as long as the other teams dont win 3 out 4.

Washington (Eagles, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants)
Philadelphia (Redskins, Giants, Redskin, Cowboys)
Minnesota (Bear, Packers, Rams, Bears)
49ers (Titans, Texans, Rams) They need to lose 2 out 3

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":3pyhcn6u said:
Is the league out to get us? I don't know... probably impossible to prove... But I definitely think MONEY is the driving force no matter what they do... Money over player safety? Probably, and the change in protocol does NOTHING to protect anybody... So I would say that I don't personally respect the league for the decisions they have made...

LTH

Now you're coming around.

The "league" is the arm of the owners, and it's been extremely evident with the decisions, suspensions, non suspensions and subjective and confusing rules they've made over the history of the NFL that all they care about is revenue.

Adding more games, ignoring CTE/concussion trauma, refusing to take care of older players through their medical plans and pension, uneven handling of player arrests and cheating scandals, etc.

Revenue, that's it........and since the owners chop up their revenue pie equally? Why on earth would their commissioner and league office play favorites? Don't you think the majority of owners that own teams that aren't included in this special club of "favorites" complain and demand change?

But fans are myopic and can't see past their own biases and homerism.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":19w4xl8i said:
LTH":19w4xl8i said:

LTH

The "league" is the arm of the owners, and it's been extremely evident with the decisions, suspensions, non suspensions and subjective and confusing rules they've made over the history of the NFL that all they care about is revenue.

Adding more games, ignoring CTE/concussion trauma, refusing to take care of older players through their medical plans and pension, uneven handling of player arrests and cheating scandals, etc.

Revenue, that's it........and since the owners chop up their revenue pie equally? Why on earth would their commissioner and league office play favorites? Don't you think the majority of owners that own teams that aren't included in this special club of "favorites" complain and demand change?

I don't totally agree with you but I'm not going to argue the point... as there is not enough evidence to prove anything...

The owners might not like Pete Carroll due to his stance on civil rights and the way he uses, and encourage his players to use their platform...No real evidence to support that but that could be a motive... I would not put that past them... I know people are going to think that is stupid and that's ok... but ...

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
rcaido":33y9x528 said:
Saints dont need to lose 2 out 3, as long as they lose to the Falcons, they wont make the playoffs. 49ers 7th and Seahawks 6th seed.

But that assumes that the Falcons, a team that has won two straight just once this season, breaks that trend and wins three in a row.

And there's some other whacky scenarios out there that involve tie games and three- and four-way ties. It's really not even worth our time considering all these what ifs for at least another week when things start to shake out a little more.

notyou

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2wwz1qle said:
You're not allowed to have an opinion w/out getting blasted. Get used to it.

Go Hawks!
At least you're being honest about how you blast anyone with an opinion.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
notyou":19lfreey said:
SoulfishHawk":19lfreey said:
You're not allowed to have an opinion w/out getting blasted. Get used to it.

Go Hawks!
At least you're being honest about how you blast anyone with an opinion.

Soulfish is a sensitive tender forum member, he sees anyone posting a different opinion than him as a personal attack.

This should be his avatar.

Giphy

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dude, get over it. It's called sarcasm. Geezus man. I don't care one bit if someone disagrees with me. It's a message board. You take this sh** way too seriously.

Enjoy your holiday. Hopefully back next week to talk about a Hawks win or two.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3tnqjhdk said:
Dude, get over it. It's called sarcasm. Geezus man. I don't care one bit if someone disagrees with me. It's a message board. You take this sh** way too seriously.

Enjoy your holiday. Hopefully back next week to talk about a Hawks win or two.

Lol. You're the one that keeps getting offended and typing "BUT THAT'S YOUR OPINION" in all caps.

Should take some of your own advice, lighten up.

I've always wondered why you take Hawk negativity so poorly. It's a fan site, our team's 5-8, there's going to be some negativity.

it's OK. Just football........I apologize for pointing out when forum members sound insane and think the league's out to get us. How horrible of me to try to interject some rational thought and intelligence to these conversations.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
LTH":1aun4ult said:
Sgt. Largent":1aun4ult said:
LTH":1aun4ult said:

LTH

I don't totally agree with you but I'm not going to argue the point... as there is not enough evidence to prove anything...

The owners might not like Pete Carroll due to his stance on civil rights and the way he uses, and encourage his players to use their platform...No real evidence to support that but that could be a motive... I would not put that past them... I know people are going to think that is stupid and that's ok... but ...

LTH

This is the third time I've brought this up about the league not liking PC because of his stance on civil rights as well as other issues and his willingness to encourage his players to take a stand to what issues are important to them. Nobody seems willing to challenge me on the subject... I'm curious do people think it's crazy and just not respond to it or do people just not know what to think about it? If you look at what happened to Colin Kaepernick and Michael Bennett , I don't see why there wouldn't be some back lash Pete has said some pretty intense stuff publicly...making it a point to bring the issues to a fore front. It seems to me to be a significant reason of why the league might be out for the Hawks...

Am I reaching? I don't think so but I can't prove it...

Thoughts

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You just don't know how to quit, Largent. I get it, you don't like me. I don't give a flying F. I have posted negative crap and called out the team several times this season. They are a mess, period. I'll gladly take a break from the page.
Go Hawks

Rat

Reaction score
I'm not usually one to pass up ripping on Soulfish, but getting back to the game:

So far, it appears that Von Miller is IN tonight, and Tyler Lockett is OUT.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":248b6bxu said:
You just don't know how to quit, Largent. I get it, you don't like me. I don't give a flying F. I have posted negative crap and called out the team several times this season. They are a mess, period. I'll gladly take a break from the page.
Go Hawks

I like you just fine Soulfish.

But I do think you take people debating or arguing against what you said as some sort of attack. This entire exchange is a perfect example. You shouldn't get all bent out of shape cause I'm teasing you.

We're adults. This is a sport's team forum. I don't hate anyone.

Well maybe medic, J/K!

And yes, Lockett's out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Attack? Nah. Just talking football. I probably have worn out my welcome here, so I think another break is in order.
I enjoy a good debate, and I'm also plenty down on the team. The page just isn't as fun to visit these days. Same stuff every day, and yes I'm guilty of it too. I'm not taking it personal at all, even if it seems like I am.
Meh, a lot more important things than internet arguing. And can we FINALLY beat the damn Rams?? I'm ready for that.

Merry xmas and hopefully everyone stays safe.