Rooting for or against the Rams v GB?

getnasty

Reaction score
Hope GB wins but loses NO next week. Give me the Bills to win the SB.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
If the Packers end up in the Super Bowl, it's gonna be amazing watching all the local 49ers fans shatter ankles jumping ship and onto the Packers bandwagon. "Aaron Rodgers grew up around here, you know!"

The picture below is probably one of the most desired matchups. The Super Bowl will be an afterthought at that point. But as for the big dance itself, I'm now rooting for a Browns or Bills win. That way we know the apocalypse is truly upon us.

Erfknk3XEAAr9Xcformatjpgnamesmall

Ramfan128

Reaction score
El Caliente":2ljmdh0w said:
I’m a Saints fan, so I am pulling for the Saints and Rams to win this weekend. I don’t want the Saints to travel to GB, and the Saints have a small score to settle with the Rams.

Honestly, if Aaron Donald and Kupp are a go this Sunday, and Goff is able to toss the ball around, I think the Rams can handle the Packers. Add to it LF is McVay’s son, the Rams should know the Packers’ tendencies.

If this were to happen we're in store for a 12-9 NFCCG with our defenses.

This is also what I want to happen though - we did beat the Bucs earlier this year but they I feel like we match up a bit better against the Saints, no solidly logical reason for thinking that. Just a gut feeling.

Very unlikely that we beat the Packers though.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
PackerNation":275qc8pi said:
RedAlice":275qc8pi said:
Just curious.

Well, rooting for Green Bay and against the Rams for obvious reasons.

Congrats RedAlice on the road win against the 'Hawks. I didn't see this coming at all. That front four just dominated the LOS and Wilson never really could dig his offense out. I feel like the OC should have been rolling Wilson out and let him throw to Lock/Metcalfe over the top. They had the speed to do it. Russ didn't bring his A game but when was the last time he played a really great playoff game? He went from MVP frontrunner to "average" down the stretch. Hats off to the Rams, though, they got the job done.

Things that bother me about the matchup:

1. Packers coming off a bye week. I would rather we just played straight through. Packers after the bye week seem to come out flat and against a defense like this, the last thing we need is to come out flat.
2. Rams Defensive Line. We are missing our best Olineman (LT - Bak) and this DL should be able to shutdown the run and keep Rodgers running for his life. We will have to run a lot of misdirection, play action and try and keep your line guessing. Shades of 2007 Giants?
3. Ramsey. If the line gets pressure and Ramsey can jump the pattern, watch out, could be a pick 6 or two. The Bucs did it to us earlier in the year and I suspect the Rams are going to go back and look at that film.

What I like about this matchup.

1. Home in Green Bay, cold and snow. Footing will be an issue and we are adapted to the field.
2. Our TE's against your LB and CB's. Rodgers can get Adams spread wide and take Ramsey out of the mix and let our TE's move the ball down the field. Dink and dunk and chew up yards. This should shrink the field and allow us to make some throws over the top to guys like MVS. If MVS can actually catch the ball, this could be pretty big. So could wheel routes to Jones out of the backfield.
3. Packer Defense vs. Ram Offense - I can't see you scoring a lot of points against us. If we shut down the run and force the Rams to throw, I see some TO's coming and short fields for Rodgers.

Good luck to your team this weekend RedAlice, I hope it's one for the ages. #GoPackGo

Honestly there's not much I like about this match up for the Rams.

Our QB situation is bad, and even though AD is super human, doubt he's unaffected by that injury. Packers also have a great OL, even without Bahktiari.

Bad as Goff has been, if he was healthy I'd feel good about our offense vs the Packers defense - but with that limitation, I'm not sure we'll be able to take advantage.

Rams will need to win the LOS on both sides and not turn the ball over.

El Caliente

Reaction score
If the Saints don’t win it all I will be pulling for Buffalo or Cleveland to win. I feel bad for fans of those teams going so long without winning, and the Browns have won a title before, Buffalo hasn’t, and they have a fun young team.

iigakusei

Reaction score
El Caliente":n8c63qhh said:
If the Saints don’t win it all I will be pulling for Buffalo or Cleveland to win. I feel bad for fans of those teams going so long without winning, and the Browns have won a title before, Buffalo hasn’t, and they have a fun young team.
I am hoping for a Buffalo New Orleans SB as I think it would be an awesome game, and I kind of like both those teams as a bonus.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
There are very few circumstances where I would consider cheering for a div rival over another team. This could be one of them

94Smith

Reaction score
For 49ers fans the time of Favre's dominance over the 49ers is long gone. In fact, we have done pretty good against the Pack and Rodgers going back to Kaepernick. I can't root for the Rams because I don't believe they are the best team so will be cheering for the Pack

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Green bay winning 34 to 17. Hawk fans will rage.

Brady will beat saints.

Brady will beat GB.

Kc will play TB for superbowl.

Tb wins 34 to 27.

Brady wins 7th title and mvp of SB.

Reaction score
As difficult as it is to root for a division rival, I can't stand the Packers. Will be a tough matchup for the Rams though. Expect playcalling that's light years ahead of what you saw last Saturday and a QB that doesn't unnecessarily hold onto the ball. I don't think any NFC team is head and shoulders above the rest but the Packers have certainly been the most consistent of the bunch. I'm expecting them to win.

Zap90

Reaction score
Rooting for GB.

Rams have no chance of beating GB, GB is way better team than what Seattle had this year, better D and better offense, Also, Rodgers is more mobile than Wilson. You may flush Rodgers out of the pocket, but he still can run for the 1st down marker.

GB has to stop the run from Akers, Henderson and that other RB, Goff doesn't do well in cold games. If Kupp can't play, then they wouldn't score more than 17 points. The matchup that I would like to see is Kenny Clark and Smith brothers, against their OL.

Final score 34-16.

ptisme

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":11u3a09s said:
I'm going to have to side with GB...for completely pragmatic reasons.

Everyone knows a town goes off more with a win. This "town" is in fact Southern California. Covid rates are 20 percent in LA already.

It's the worst time for them to win. I suppose the same for GB too, but I haven't heard of their state ordering half a dozen refrigerated trucks down there yet.
LOL What would the purpose of "refrigerated trucks" coming to Green Bay in January be? A refuge from the cold to come warm up in?

hawks85

Reaction score
I absolutely despise both teams. I respect that Rams D, and Erin is a whiney bitch, I hope he gets sacked 10 times. Go Rams. I'm rooting for the Ravens to win it all, but it won't happen.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I hate them both but I am rooting for the Pack. I hope you notice how fast Redgers gets the ball out so fast and how hard and fast their RBs hit the hole. You can see how nice the line blocks. Aaron Donald is not being doubled. He has been playing over the guard but occasionally switches sides. The Pack does not try to go long every other play. They are very balance so far. I hope CPC and company are watching.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
This looks to be heading towards a no contest. Rams can't stop GB's running game between the 20's and Rodgers will throw 3 TD. Donald being gimpy can't be helping and Goff won't do anything of note. Only way this isn't a blowout is if GB puts the ball on the ground 3 times, loses all 3, and they're all inside their own 40.

I hope I'm wrong. Can't stand Rodgers

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":2to9nz10 said:
Just curious.
"The Seahawks are a winning team, Vs a team that really wins" so I take it, you must be referring to the GB Packers? :irishdrinkers: